Match Thread Sheffield United v. Burnley - 20th April 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BUR
BUR
BUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1713460014814.png vs 1713460020607.png

Premier League Matchweek 34 - Saturday 20th April 2024 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-burnley.690/

Officials:

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Rebecca Welch
VAR: Tim Robinson
Assistant VAR: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 18.06.23.png

Never known a team give the opposition so much space in the penalty area and then look around at each other.

As an ex goalkeeper I rarely, if ever, criticize another keeper but there are some terrible goal keeper fundamentals that our current #1 is displaying.

I do have to wonder what we saw in him to make him our #1?

Having said that, this is a very sad time being a Blade....

toledo

we saw the words croatian and athletico Madrid and that was the scouting done 😂

As an ex goalkeeper I rarely, if ever, criticize another keeper but there are some terrible goal keeper fundamentals that our current #1 is displaying.

I do have to wonder what we saw in him to make him our #1?

Having said that, this is a very sad time being a Blade....

toledo
Cheap, cheap and cheap.....you get what you pay for!!!

Are we playing terrible or is the very attacking 11 we've picked just not working for us?

I couldn't be bothered to turn the tv on for this one, i decided going out in the snow covered woods here was much more enjoyable - guess I made a good choice.
In a nutshell, we should have been about 3-1 up at half time.

BBD missed a 1 v 1 and McBurnir right in front of the keeper when it was harder to miss.

We also had a couple more half chances which could have resulted in a goal.

Their first goal was a lucky deflected ball, and then a lucky deflected shot but Grbic is so slow to offer any correction. A decent keeper would still have readjusted.

Second goal Brereton-Diaz appallingly defends and lets their guy just waltz in the area. Instead of closing him down Trusty does some weird cricket 'long barrier' which fails, it goes through his legs. Second bit of awful defending. Grbic, who I assume has concrete in his boots, shows no anticipating and deflects it in the next with his left foot.

Muric then reminds us how shit he is by passing the ball to Brereton-Diaz. Instead of slamming it in the corner or playing the ball quickly across to McBurnie, he opts to shoot and puts it far to close to Muric who palms it out for a corner. Grbic would have allowed it to squeeze in.

They waltz down the other end not long after and the central defence is sleeping and the lad sweeps the ball in. Grbic no chance.

Fourth, we just give them all the time in the world and the lad just fires it into the corner.

Just garbage. A game we were the better team in for long periods until we handed them the initiative by profligacy and schoolboy defending. We should have win this game but we are so unprofessional we've managed to end up with a heavy defeat.

The players are shameful.

Just one more month of torture too go guys 😂
Then 12 months more until the club end up where they deserve to be........ in League One.

Any club that can spend three years out of five in the Premier League, then have two years receiving parachute payments, end up skint, end up without a solitary decent player to sell, and end up without a fucking thing to show for it really is a corporate fucking moron and it deserves whatever it gets.

Then 12 months more until the club end up where they deserve to be........ in League One.

Any club that can spend three years out of five in the Premier League, then have two years receiving parachute payments, end up skint, end up without a solitary decent player to sell, and end up without a fucking thing to show for it really is a corporate fucking moron and it deserves whatever it gets.
This absolutely.

Very good summary. In the end it’s always about club management. There is no more romance in the game.

Anyone that sets up with a back 4 with Bogle, Trusty and Osborn in it, in front of a clown with gloves on , and refuses to change it at half time has clearly lost the plot . Wilder needs to go now.
You've got another season of wilder I'm afraid. The Prince won't pay him off. He can't even pay installments on players on time 😂

DON'T PAY THE PLAYERS. REFUND all BLADES fans. This has been a shambolic performance against a well below average club not much better than the Pigs

I completely agree. But I have a year to think about that yet 😂

They say Premier league teams punish mistakes. Not us. Mauric has passed to us a few times and we do nothing. Hence, we are not a Premier League team. Not by a long, long way. Sad really.

I regret to say I rarely agree with you on anything. But nail hit head on are words I could organise better than Playing at it Prince and his willing Stooge.

Anyone that sets up with a back 4 with Bogle, Trusty and Osborn in it, in front of a clown with gloves on , and refuses to change it at half time has clearly lost the plot . Wilder needs to go now.
Wilder can only play with what he's got hence why majority of this squad will be gone in the summer (thank fcuk)

Truth....shame nothing will change this summer to remedy this. Heads should roll, they won't and the life of A Blade goes on......sigh

Should have been 3-5-2 and should have had Holgate testing Muric with long throws.\

Really poor management to have not done that. It's an obvious weakness and it shows a lack of research and proper gameplan to have not exploited this.

Sorry Chris, but you didn't do yourself any favours today either.

Souza was almost invisible by the way.

Bad bad day for us. We just are so shit defensively. We had chances and were OK on the ball but defensively (incl keeper) horrid.

Arblaster, hamer were shinning lights. I thought ozzie, mcburnie and Bogle also played well.

A fair few players in very important positions that are just not up to the required standard.

They say Premier league teams punish mistakes. Not us. Mauric has passed to us a few times and we do nothing. Hence, we are not a Premier League team. Not by a long, long way. Sad really.
They should amend that saying and change it to "Premier league teams who invest in actual skillfull players punish mistakes. Not those who sell their best striker and make you cope with an inexperienced osula and a lazy mcburnie and call it a day" 😂

Back
Top Bottom