Match Thread Sheffield United v. Bristol City - 10th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRIS
BRIS
BRIS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612610858182.png v.bristol city.png
FA Cup 5th Round - Wednesday 10th February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-bristol-city.550/

Officials:

Referee:
Robert Jones
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Jonathan Moss
Video Assistant Referee: Anthony Taylor
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

liveonsat.png

Lovely gesture from Bristol City by the way...

Well we made hard work if that, but was Bristol City ever in it? Good barometer of where we will be next season, I thought we was a class above, apart from goals.
Just wondering how we can have made hard work of it if we were a class above and Bristol City were never in it?

Yeah wilder lamped one of the officials because apparently he’s had better half time bovril at Scunthorpe, Brewster got a hat trick Lundstrum with the three assists and Billy and Didzy had to be subbed off early so they could get to their COVID jab appointments. BBC are reporting it as a 1 nil win because they don’t want wilder to get upset about “staying in games” Tactic.
Fell asleep at half time and have just woken up. Have I missed much??

Controlled the game, decent performances from-

Rammers Egan Bogle Bash Amps Goldy Sharp

So most of the team played really well.

In the last 8 - of the cup- amazing.

Dont see the need for excessive negativity, our team isn’t Man City?

City played exactly like we do against a better team. Sit in defend well and try to get a lucky goal on the break or a fortuitous deflection but ultimately lose by a slim 1 goal margin

Yeah wilder lamped one of the officials because apparently he’s had better half time bovril at Scunthorpe, Brewster got a hat trick Lundstrum with the three assists and Billy and Didzy had to be subbed off early so they could get to their COVID jab appointments. BBC are reporting it as a 1 nil win because they don’t want wilder to get upset about “staying in games” Tactic.
Bovrilgate.

I'd better try and find away of watching it somewhere now if I've missed all that.

He’d have fallen for that until you mentioned Brewster getting a hat-trick I reckon....

Not quite sure how many times the BBC needed to say "Brewster just needs a goal" Job done,looked comfortable, could have scored more, move on

Lunny is bobbins. Awful game he's had.
He is the single point of breakdown in most of our attacks. Takes all the momentum out of things - two touches, stop, wait, go backwards. He’s utter bobbins and I really hope that there isn’t some 11th hour reprieve, can’t wait for him to be gone so that we rearrange. The team will be stronger.

Well we made hard work if that, but was Bristol City ever in it? Good barometer of where we will be next season, I thought we was a class above, apart from goals.
Exactly, and without them we’ll struggle like we did tonight. It will be fucking boring watching us trying to scramble an odd goal every week.

Exactly, and without them we’ll struggle like we did tonight. It will be fucking boring watching us trying to scramble an odd goal every week.
I think we'll be ok in the Championship with this team. Add a few players, maybe lose Joc, Egan, Berge. But I think we'll be good a league lower.

He is the single point of breakdown in most of our attacks. Takes all the momentum out of things - two touches, stop, wait, go backwards. He’s utter bobbins and I really hope that there isn’t some 11th hour reprieve, can’t wait for him to be gone so that we rearrange. The team will be stronger.
Agree. Build up some momentum then he gets it and his first instinct is to go backwards. Now, there is a time and a place to do that, but not everytime he gets the ball. Shows a lack of football intelligence.

that was a decent performance for me, we werent at our best, it was back to times when we really needed to be better in final 1/3rd. either making the wrong decisions, didnt get it on target, crosses to nobody. but i think that always factor we are very inconsistent with the tempo. behind closed doors but as many premier league players have stated, it feels like a training game. but we were very comfortable through the game, without ever troubling the keeper at times.

& if worst happens next season im positive we'll be in the mix. as that was 10th in championship. but consecutive fa cup quarter finals is not to be sniffed at. a month ago we wonder if we would win any game & 6th quarter final since those across the city were last in 1

I don't get why people are saying we only won through a penalty. If he didn't handball it we'd have scored.

Not a vintage performance but better than losing 5-4 in extra time. Hopefully can get Bournemouth in the next round.

Win’s a win. Some good performances throughout the team. The only sub par performances that I saw were the 2 midfielders and Brewster. Norwood was bobbar when he came on as well.

Into the quarters and it’s a proper lottery now.

We were by far the better team but you do have to say Bristol City had a side out which was half full of reserves. For all our control of the game we didn't create many chances and never worked their keeper even when they went down to 10 men. Our play was very slow and laboured and we never did look like scoring apart from the five or ten minutes that ended up with VAR giving us a chance from the spot.

I thought the red card was a little harsh on the Bristol player as I don't think there was much intention more he just threw himself in front of the shot, the thing is do that with your arms spread and you are asking for trouble. They can't really have any complaints he deflected the ball with his hand and stopped a goal and the laws say that warrants a red card.

Bogle, and McGoldrick had good games Ampadu and Basham were ok too but our defence had a very easy night apart from one early break in the 2nd half where they went missing lucky for us Wells never got his head up and went for goal a square pass and it was a certain goal. The rest of our team were poor to bang average, I don't know what anyone sees in Lowe, Lundstram never made a forward pass all night and our front two were very poor Brewster in particular looked clueless, an easy night for the Bristol centre backs in a game more like a training session it was that fucking boring. I would have been in tears if I had paid to watch that utter rubbish.

Defensively doing alright. Not playing hoof ball so that's something I guess. Apart from that Mcburnie and Sharp virtually 2 spots wasted. Feels like only 1 team going to score.

Back
Top Bottom