Match Thread Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 18th February 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRI
BRI
BRI
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1708114595094.png Vs 1708114600809.png

Premier League Matchweek 25 - Sunday 18th February 2024 - 14:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion.681/

Officials:

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Neil Davies, Steve Meredith
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 20.16.01.png

If I wanted to watch entertainment masquerading as sport I'd sit at home and watch the wrestling. For 50 years I've known what was handball, offside, fouling, red cards etc etc was. Now.....I've no clue. We're watching a product with manufactured drama for the masses sat at home paying their subscriptions to make this "spectacle" what it is. I'm fucking sick of it.

I wonder how things might turn out if we played to the rules.

He nearly got it.
Seriously.

He must be fucking blind to have missed by so much.

But, let me wind your memory back to Fulham away in the Prem.

Bogle through, clattered by Areola, hits him high on the knee. No red card and not even a foul given if I recall.

So it's ok to give against us, but not in our favour.

That's my biggest issue.

As a side note, Larouci has no idea how to defend crosses at all.

I can only imagine the confusion in the lane. It wasn't overly very clear with endless replays at home! Shocking. Takes any joy out of it.

The sending off was correct. From a distance it looked like Holgate won the ball but watching the close up you can see he was making no effort to get the ball and was going in at knee height. The ball hit of his trailing leg. It was idiotic.

As regards defending it is shambolic.
Brighton have 2 attacking styles. When having the ball at the back they are looking for direct runners. When the have the ball near the box with us in front of them. They go wide to players who get a cross in. As a professional footballer or a manager if you can't see and counteract that it makes you wonder about football intelligence or the lack of it.

Bogle and Lorauci can't defend. Anel cannot organise. Bogle and Lorauci are very poor going forward they slow it down too much.

This could get embarrassing

Ah I see. It’s different when your profession is being discussed. You work selling carpets all week too, so shouldn’t you give passion to that to serve the hardworking people buying for their homes . Salary is completely irrelevant. I’m in the Ambulance service, so by that logic I should not live and breathe that as much as footballers because I’m not paid thousands and thousands. Your argument is completely incoherent. I’m not trying to fall out with you at all, so I shall wish you a good Sunday. I hope we can disagree as Blades and you enjoy the rest of your day 👍🏻⚔️
Give passion to selling carpets? 😂 I do the job for the money mate. I have pride in my sales ability. Equally I’d expect footballers to have pride in their performances.

Give passion to selling carpets? 😂 I do the job for the money mate. I have pride in my sales ability. Equally I’d expect footballers to have pride in their performances.
You’re beyond comprehension …..Why the hell do you get a free pass for not having passion for something you get paid for, but footballers don’t!. Oh wait it’s about salary…
I take it back, you’re an Idiot. I’ll allow you to get the obligatory last word, I feel you need it more for the complex you have. Enjoy your Sunday.

Shocking today. Club sleep walking to going down. Chris Wilder was mistake bringing him back.
Down to 10 men after 11 mins. What were you expecting with the lack of quality we have ?

Its like attack vs defence...We get the ball for a second, lose it and its all hands on deck. Be nice if we had 11 on the pitch.

Massively better since trusty change of formation. Making me more annoyed at holgate

You’re beyond comprehension …..Why the hell do you get a free pass for not having passion for something you get paid for, but footballers don’t!. Oh wait it’s about salary…
I take it back, you’re an Idiot. I’ll allow you to get the obligatory last word, I feel you need it more for the complex you have. Enjoy your Sunday.
Haha! I’ll be an idiot if it means I’d like to see something better than the shite were served up. No complex here matey! I’d rather be an idiot than a complete tit who’ll happily clap along to the shit served up every game. Absolute whopper 👍

Did Sky sports explain why VAR ruled out our goal in the first half? Viasport.fi couldn't explain what was wrong with it

need to up the tempo now and try and rattle them for the last 20. Gain some control and attack

Ok, now the game's gone can we at least give the kids some minutes?

Back
Top Bottom