Match Thread Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 18th February 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRI
BRI
BRI
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1708114595094.png Vs 1708114600809.png

Premier League Matchweek 25 - Sunday 18th February 2024 - 14:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion.681/

Officials:

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Neil Davies, Steve Meredith
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
VAR: Michael Oliver
Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 20.16.01.png

It’s absolutely suicidal giving teams like this so much possession when we are defensively so poor. Until we start respecting the ball more and trying to play/control the game we will continue to be the whipping boys.

Wilder, just another hecky, who was bought in as a a BTEC wilder. Shocking decision. Had a chance to actually do something different instead of more of the same and we fucked it for the bladey blade route. Absolutely embarrassing club. So angry at this shit

thought this yesterday burnley v arsenal. really what is the point of stoppage time when a team is 4 goals clear

Game ended after the red card.

When we are so far off the quality required with 11, no point with 10.

Players chasing shadows for 80+ minutes

Nothing to see here unfortunately, move on.

thought this yesterday burnley v arsenal. really what is the point of stoppage time when a team is 4 goals clear

Because the losing team could score, and that might make a difference to goal difference at the end of the season.

We have got to be the softest team in the football league at this point, throw the towel in 2-0 down inside 30 minutes taking off our only striker and still getting destroyed. Embarrassing.

How do we stop the embarrasment . Bring the experience back in ?(Norwood ? Davies ? McBurnie ?) The way we collapse is not how i expect a Wilder team to perform. Hopefully Egan and Baldock aren't to far off fitness

Please Abdullah fuck off take the rest of the shit with you... and I don't care if you sell up to a fucking fraudster or what !! This is shit!! At the lowest level and no I'm not fucking off to Hillsborough

Everyone would like to see something better served up you absolute ball sack. You know nothing about me or what I’ll “happily clap along to” big ‘Dane the blade’. Happy to discuss this over a beer next time at the lane. Don’t forget to bring bring your ‘whopper’ 👍🏻….
This place has gone soft. I remember when differences of opinions were invited to be discussed in the local Argos car park. Now it's over a beer. How long before we're having these conversations over a glass of Pimms and a picnic hamper on the banks of the Seine?

RSVP

How do we stop the embarrasment . Bring the experience back in ?(Norwood ? Davies ? McBurnie ?) The way we collapse is not how i expect a Wilder team to perform. Hopefully Egan and Baldock aren't to far off fitness

We just accept we are down and play lineups that involve players who we expect to contribute next season. Results may not and probably will not improve, but if it's all part of a coherent plan, I don't care. Bringing on Norwood when he did shows nothing

Reactions: MKY
This place has gone soft. I remember when differences of opinions were invited to be discussed in the local Argos car park. Now it's over a beer. How long before we're having these conversations over a glass of Pimms and a picnic hamper on the banks of the Seine?

RSVP
The Seine is pretty beautiful to be fair….

The sending off was correct. From a distance it looked like Holgate won the ball but watching the close up you can see he was making no effort to get the ball and was going in at knee height. The ball hit of his trailing leg. It was idiotic.

As regards defending it is shambolic.
Brighton have 2 attacking styles. When having the ball at the back they are looking for direct runners. When the have the ball near the box with us in front of them. They go wide to players who get a cross in. As a professional footballer or a manager if you can't see and counteract that it makes you wonder about football intelligence or the lack of it.

Bogle and Lorauci can't defend. Anel cannot organise. Bogle and Lorauci are very poor going forward they slow it down too much.

This could get embarrassing

Spot on

We just accept we are down and play lineups that involve players who we expect to contribute next season. Results may not and probably will not improve, but if it's all part of a coherent plan, I don't care. Bringing on Norwood when he did shows nothing

If you think playing academy players is the answer to getting promotion next year I think you are going to be disappointed

Holgate was miles favourite to win the ball! How the fuck he missed it is absolutely ridiculous!
Ben Osborn, Larouci, Robinson 🥴

If you think playing academy players is the answer to getting promotion next year I think you are going to be disappointed

I am not saying play "academy" players, although I'm not the type to shit on anyone that isn't first XI from a great height as many here are. We learn nothing from giving Norwood, Osborn, Foderingham, Egan/Basham/Baldock if back fit soon and similar minutes. We learn more by giving Arblaster, Curtis, Brooks, Osula, Jebbo, One etc minutes - even if it is just to work out that a player is not going to be ready for the Championship in 24/25 and either needs more age level football or a loan to someone. It is better to know where we stand with the players who might do something going forward, rather than pissing appearance money up the wall on players we know have a peak level of being a Championship player and will only decline going forward

I am not saying play "academy" players, although I'm not the type to shit on anyone that isn't first XI from a great height as many here are. We learn nothing from giving Norwood, Osborn, Foderingham, Egan/Basham/Baldock if back fit soon and similar minutes. We learn more by giving Arblaster, Curtis, Brooks, Osula, Jebbo, One etc minutes - even if it is just to work out that a player is not going to be ready for the Championship in 24/25 and either needs more age level football or a loan to someone. It is better to know where we stand with the players who might do something going forward, rather than pissing appearance money up the wall on players we know have a peak level of being a Championship player and will only decline going forward

On the whole i agree, we have to rebuild, we all know that, but we can't rebuild with just academy players, we have to invest in new blood that are fit and ready to play competitive football, Just as an aside Luton are one down after two minutes so it's not just us.

There’s also the possibility that we damage fragile confidences and go into next season already broken. I’m glad it’s a decision I don’t have to make because fucked if I know the answer

Back
Top Bottom