Match Thread Sheffield United v. Bournemouth - 9th Feb 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BOUR
BOUR
BOUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1580907957652.png v. 1580907963340.png
EPL Week 26 - Sunday 9th February 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-bournemouth.490/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 11.55.09.png

Last edited:

Long time no see Mr Moss..............Bradford away 3-3.

Who wants another 5-3,remember John Cofie scoring a cracker just before h/t.

50 mph winds? Pah!, a mere stiff breeze to us south coast dwellers

A return for Aaron Ramsdale and Simon Francis on the cards. Francis’s career has also been a bit of an odd one. When he signed for us, those initial games he really looked like a talent – a ball-playing right-back that plenty wanted to see eventually given a go in the middle of midfield. A touch of the Greg Halfords about him in potential use. But ultimately, he was a big disappointment – I will always remember one game at Forest when Warnock did what plenty had wanted him to do and stick him on the right-wing, and you could see why he’d been reluctant to do so as Francis was absolute garbage that day.

It’s interesting to hear Morgs’s comments in the One Of Our Own pod that Francis had been lined up to start at right-back vs Leicester in Aug 2005 but was a late withdrawal due to injury (presumably Geary was also injured at the time). Bromby had never played that position before, had a great game, and was kept in for much of the season. Francis in contrast when fit again never started in the league, was loaned out to the lower leagues, and then ditched as his team-mates got promoted. That Leicester game might have been a Sliding Doors moment for Francis’s career. Then again, he’s also spoken in the past of his regrets about his lifestyle choices at that time in his career – perhaps the hit from this ultimately made him what it was, when a more successful result at the time (being part of that promotion team) would have just delayed him blowing it and resulted in him dropping out of the game.

In some ways, his subsequent rise from regular League 1 player up to making his first Premier League start aged 30 is the sort of story that would fit within a Chris Wilder player transformation.

Last edited:
Would have liked to see Brooks again , thought he was a great lad , worth paying entrance alone fee watching him when he was on it !

Would have liked to see Brooks again , thought he was a great lad , worth paying entrance alone fee watching him when he was on it !

It’s not sounding too good re: his recovery either. Tyrone Mings said some pretty scathing a month or two ago about Bournemouth’s medical team and the time he was there, and it’s the first thing I thought of when I heard they hadn’t been able to properly work out what Brooks’s injury was till recently. There had been a lot of hope that he’d be fit to appear for Wales at the Euros – virtually no chance of that now.

It’s not sounding too good re: his recovery either. Tyrone Mings said some pretty scathing a month or two ago about Bournemouth’s medical team and the time he was there, and it’s the first thing I thought of when I heard they hadn’t been able to properly work out what Brooks’s injury was till recently. There had been a lot of hope that he’d be fit to appear for Wales at the Euros – virtually no chance of that now.

Has he actually played a game this season? I don't think he has.

Did it in a preseason friendly I believe.

I'd imagine despite being in Bournemouth's first team longer than he was in ours, he's made more appearances for us, which is a sad state of affairs considering he had glandular fever for the end of the season before we sold him.

Hope he comes anyway.

Richairo Zivkovic might be a surprise starter? Wilder complimented him in his press conference. Sub more likely?

I'm pretty decent mates with their physio, I'll have a word :-D

Due to weather warnings all grand central trains cancelled Sunday. Other services cancelled too so we could well be stuck as others will be. Shame looking forward to this one.

Due to weather warnings all grand central trains cancelled Sunday. Other services cancelled too so we could well be stuck as others will be. Shame looking forward to this one.

The worse of the weather (windiest) on Sunday seems to be in the South East and the East (generally flat terrain) where winds could reach 80mph.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they postponed due to safety concerns of getting to the ground. Hopefully the club will put out a statement one way or the other as they’ve had plenty of notice.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they postponed due to safety concerns of getting to the ground. Hopefully the club will put out a statement one way or the other as they’ve had plenty of notice.

It’s a tricky one because the potential wind damage/ problems are difficult to predict....the risk is probably very low but it’s still there.
As it’s a Sunday at least there won’t be much traffic on the road....so no big traffic jams or traffic chaos.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the club try to play the match, the strongest 50mph gusts are due to hit Sheffield between 6am and 2pm. I think they’ll make a decision at 9am tomorrow as they’ll be able to see the overnight effects/ damage made by the storm and will also be able to see how the pitch is holding up with the rain.

It’s a tricky one because the potential wind damage/ problems are difficult to predict....the risk is probably very low but it’s still there.
As it’s a Sunday at least there won’t be much traffic on the road....so no big traffic jams or traffic chaos.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the club try to play the match, the strongest 50mph gusts are due to hit Sheffield between 6am and 2pm. I think they’ll make a decision at 9am tomorrow as they’ll be able to see the overnight effects/ damage made by the storm and will also be able to see how the pitch is holding up with the rain.

The Premier League should make the decision in time to stop the Brentford fans from setting off.

Back
Top Bottom