Match Thread Sheffield United v. Bournemouth - 9th Feb 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BOUR
BOUR
BOUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1580907957652.png v. 1580907963340.png
EPL Week 26 - Sunday 9th February 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-bournemouth.490/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 11.55.09.png

Last edited:

I thought Bournemouth were a very good side with some talented players. Let down by faking injury when tackled. Very few were worth an appeal, let alone a free kick. Took the shine off a good game.
A draw might have been a fair result for them, if only they could be men and get their sorry ass of the deck and play football.
If Howe accepts this as PL tactics, his team got what they deserved today.

A big improvement 2nd half. The scrap at the technical area seemed a key point – gave the game a bit of a bite it had lacked till then, and we then turned the screw on Bournemouth all over the pitch. Still, huge save from Hendo again to keep it at 1-1.

Berge I’m sure will be a real asset for us, but I don’t think he’s really offering us what Lundstram can offer currently. We seem less willing to go down the right when he’s played, and as soon as Lundstram was introduced we seemed to be more balanced. I’m sure Wilder is trying to speed up Berge’s settling in, and maybe with a few more weeks he’ll have adapted to it, but currently I’d give it back to Lundstram.

I thought Bournemouth were a very good side with some talented players. Let down by faking injury when tackled. Very few were worth an appeal, let alone a free kick. Took the shine off a good game.
A draw might have been a fair result for them, if only they could be men and get their sorry ass of the deck and play football.
If Howe accepts this as PL tactics, his team got what they deserved today.
Spot on. It seems to be part and parcel of being an 'established premier league team'.
Wimps is a good word, cheats is probably more appropriate.

What was lunnys celebration all about?

It’s almost as though chunks of the fanbase had been for the last month saying he was done and Besic needed the start, and then that he was making crazy wage demands, and then that Berge’s signing meant we could get rid.

If you copy the twitter.com address from the address bar and then (on this forum) click "insert", then "media", then paste the Twitter address, it comes out properly formatted. Like this:

Saul Goodman x

First 25 minutes were possibly the worst under Wilder. We were asleep, slow and they were running round us at will. We looked like the pub side some think we are...They should have scored more. Thankfully, they seemed to decide to sit back a bit and we gradually came back into it bossing the last 10. Second half we were better without dominating. Fair result was arguably a draw but we kept going and got our rewards.

Thought JoC, Bash and Baldock were excellent. Midfield got better but were poor. Both strikers put a real shift in and did some great work holding it up.

Berge is clearly going to be a good player for us but it takes time to get up to speed with the English game. I'm still suprised he's starting. Albeit, I thought Lunny was pretty clumsy except for the goal. He at least was getting in the right places. Which will take time for Berge to learn.

Agree, showed some flashes of class. Gonna take him time to settle in, he's gonna be a big big player for us. Fair play to Lunny for responding to his omission with a goal

Never agreed to the Berge starting last 2 games. Lunny should've got the nod and let Berge force his way in.

To me it seems like Berge just needs to let go a bit, a bit of trepidation maybe about this new playing style, he was a lot more defensive at Genk.

He'll get there. Winter break and a week of solid coaching will help.

Never agreed to the Berge starting last 2 games. Lunny should've got the nod and let Berge force his way in.
I would agree he's been chucked in too soon. Cwak know what they're doing though. Hope he doesn't become the new scapegoat because of his pricetag

I would agree he's been chucked in too soon. Cwak know what they're doing though. Hope he doesn't become the new scapegoat because of his pricetag

Don't think he'll be the new scapegoat, it's obvious he's quality but, personally, I think it's too early to push him in.

Thought it was nice of Eddie Howe to bring Solanke on towards the end to help see out the 2-1 defeat. Still slightly at a loss to work out why Howe felt he was a better option for Bournemouth’s squad this season than Mousset. Our gain I guess.

Thought it was nice of Eddie Howe to bring Solanke on towards the end to help see out the 2-1 defeat. Still slightly at a loss to work out why Howe felt he was a better option for Bournemouth’s squad this season than Mousset. Our gain I guess.

I was going to say something to that effect when he came on but thought better of it until the match finished because otherwise he'd have got a 5 minute hattrick haha

What a charlatan.

To put todays performance in a bit of perspective. It's only the second time this season that Bournemouth have lost a league match after taking the lead first. UTB

3 goals scored yesterday, no sight of VAR for any of them. Very refreshing!

I know they will have been checked but it's nice to celebrate and not think it's going to get chalked off and have 2 minutes fannying about after each goal.

Back
Top Bottom