Match Thread Sheffield United v. Bournemouth - 9th Feb 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BOUR
BOUR
BOUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1580907957652.png v. 1580907963340.png
EPL Week 26 - Sunday 9th February 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-bournemouth.490/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 11.55.09.png

Last edited:

There seems to be more concern re the road works than the weather ;)

Fixture News
Roadworks around the Lane - supporter notice
Just now
Sponsored by

Large

Blades fans attending Sunday's Premier League fixture against AFC Bournemouth at Bramall Lane are being politely advised to give themselves plenty of time to arrival and depart the stadium, owing to ongoing roadworks.
There are two areas that are likely to cause continued disruption to supporters at the weekend, after work commenced earlier than planned on Charlotte Road and at the junction of Bramall Lane and Woodhead Road on the corner of the Railway Hotel.

Supporters are also reminded that this weekend's arrival of Storm Ciara will bring very wet and windy conditions, please ensure you wear suitable clothing and allow yourselves plenty of time.

Sunday's encounter is a 2pm kick-off.

The Premier League should make the decision in time to stop the Brentford fans from setting off.

I’m sure the PL won’t want to get involved, so they have no liability...also they’ll be desperate to play all their fixtures.
They’ll leave it to the SAG’s at each club....however I would think the SAG are only responsible for safety in and around the ground.
SAG won‘t be held accountable for people travelling from 100-200 miles away?

Remember when we played Port Vale away few years ago in league 1.
The forecast predicted heavy snow after the match. The Pennines was virtually blocked off with snow.
I know a few who made it home at midnight that Saturday evening and they thought they might have to abandon their cars.
That match wasn’t called off even though there were serious safety concerns for away fans travelling home.

Same team I reckon:

Henderson
Basham Egan O’Connell
Baldock Berge Norwood Fleck Stevens
Sharp McBurnie

Lundstram to come on 60 mins in and score
UTB

know a few who made it home at midnight that Saturday evening and they thought they might have to abandon their cars.

Midnight? That would have been nice 🤣

There seems to be more concern re the road works than the weather ;)

Fixture News
Roadworks around the Lane - supporter notice
Just now
Sponsored by

Large

Blades fans attending Sunday's Premier League fixture against AFC Bournemouth at Bramall Lane are being politely advised to give themselves plenty of time to arrival and depart the stadium, owing to ongoing roadworks.
There are two areas that are likely to cause continued disruption to supporters at the weekend, after work commenced earlier than planned on Charlotte Road and at the junction of Bramall Lane and Woodhead Road on the corner of the Railway Hotel.

Supporters are also reminded that this weekend's arrival of Storm Ciara will bring very wet and windy conditions, please ensure you wear suitable clothing and allow yourselves plenty of time.

Sunday's encounter is a 2pm kick-off.
And stop moaning about a little rain and breeze it’s the players that are out in it 😂

Going to be a war of attrition by the look of it. Any kind of result will be good. It's going to be incredibly difficult conditions.

It’s a tricky one because the potential wind damage/ problems are difficult to predict....the risk is probably very low but it’s still there.
As it’s a Sunday at least there won’t be much traffic on the road....so no big traffic jams or traffic chaos.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the club try to play the match, the strongest 50mph gusts are due to hit Sheffield between 6am and 2pm. I think they’ll make a decision at 9am tomorrow as they’ll be able to see the overnight effects/ damage made by the storm and will also be able to see how the pitch is holding up with the rain.

Well as long as they make it before 10am when I'll need to get my train, which is either diverted via Huddersfield or turned into a bus anyway, that's fine

The worse of the weather (windiest) on Sunday seems to be in the South East and the East (generally flat terrain) where winds could reach 80mph.
Wish the OS would blow away...

This is a game that you really should win, form wise.
The weather will make it a bit unpredictable though!

The good news is I've chosen a nice safe day to do my first hitchhike since The Knee/M25/M1 Interchange Incident. I've now dispensed with my crutches you see so figured it was worth a go. I'm on the bus to Staples Corner though, so straight up the M1; I didn't fancy the M25 today.

If it gets called off I will only be a bit annoyed.

Back in action this afternoon with the visit of Bournemouth. In theory a straight forward game against a side who, up to 2 games ago, were really on a downward spiral. However they have begun to show some fight, and today's game is most definitely going to be closely contended. Game 1 of three very winnable home league games....

But anyway...

Any team news?

Mousset to lead the line against his former team?

Berge making his home debut?

Mcgoldrick fit for the bench?

Very difficult to call this one. Unlikely to be a classic but I'm sure we don't care about that. 3 points is all that matters, and I fancy us to achieve that. We don't really ever score more than 1, but I'm all giddy and think we'll get 2 today :D

2 nil Blades win. Mousset with the first

UTB

In football is another teamate allowed to lay on the pitch and put a finger on the ball to steady it while a goalkick,penalty or freekick is taken,this was happening in the Six nations yesterday when penaltys were taken.

Training on grass? Tripping up, giggling and getting the munchies is NO approach to take for a professional footballer.
Would explain Mcburnie's fashion sense though!

Man City v West Ham just called off! We're made of tougher stuff up here!

The pitch is fine and the game is on 👊

Make sure to wrap up and wear appropriate clothing ☔ 🌬 https://t.co/c5ZeQQkkVg

If you copy the twitter.com address from the address bar and then (on this forum) click "insert", then "media", then paste the Twitter address, it comes out properly formatted. Like this:

The whole country tunes in to watch FARCE in Sheffield,there is only one way this game will end,with us looking like sad >

1581249506572.png

The whole country tunes in to watch FARCE in Sheffield,there is only one way this game will end,with us looking like sad >

View attachment 71058

Speak for yourself mate.
Always amazes me the overreaction to headlines....all this talk of 80mph winds on the radio and disaster.....it’s nothing anywhere near them speeds in Sheffield.
Also the height of the storm hit Sheffield from 10am whilst noon, the worse is now over...wind and rain eases off from 1pm , it’s only light rain from 1pm.
Agree there‘ll probably be farcial elements to the match but it’s the same for both sides and it should make it entertaining.
Appreciate the weather will be bad but let’s not over react. If we win don’t think anyone will feel sad.

View attachment 70767 v. View attachment 70768
EPL Week 26 - Sunday 9th February 2020 - Bramall Lane
Been waiting for ages to post this so here goes:
I am on honeymoon in St Lucia, does anyone know where I can watch the match? 😳
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-bournemouth.490/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

View attachment 70769

Speak for yourself mate.
Always amazes me the overreaction to headlines....all this talk of 80mph winds on the radio and disaster.....it’s nothing anywhere near them speeds in Sheffield.
Also the height of the storm hit Sheffield from 10am whilst noon, the worse is now over...wind and rain eases off from 1pm , it’s only light rain from 1pm.
Agree there‘ll probably be farcial elements to the match but it’s the same for both sides and it should make it entertaining.
Appreciate the weather will be bad but let’s not over react. If we win don’t think anyone will feel sad.

Did you just see what happened in the last 10 minutes.............absolutely PISSED IT DOWN and gusted beyond whatever it has done so far,and i'm in S2.

Head in sand comical ali comment of yours :D

SHU: Henderson, Egan, Basham, O'Connell, Norwood, Berge, Baldock, Stevens, Fleck, McBurnie, Sharp
Subs: Verrips, Retsos, Jagielka, Lundstram, Osborn, McGoldrick, Mousset

BOU: Ramsdale, Aké, Rico, Francis, Adam Smith, Fraser, Gosling, Billing, Surman, Harry Wilson, Callum Wilson
Subs: Boruc, Stacey, Steve Cook, Stanislas, Lewis Cook, Solanke, King

Back
Top Bottom