Match Thread Sheffield United v. Bournemouth - 9th Feb 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BOUR
BOUR
BOUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1580907957652.png v. 1580907963340.png
EPL Week 26 - Sunday 9th February 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-bournemouth.490/

Officials:

Referee:
Jonathan Moss
Assistant Referee: Marc Perry
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 11.55.09.png

Last edited:

No Richie on the bench, thought we might've seen a short cameo from him today?, good to see Didzy back though.

I cant believe this game is on fuckin wet through walking up from old olive grove bus garage , TBH is really should be off , l really cant see a good match in this weather , Ohh well lets see what lies ahead , nowt but a win will do turning out in this :mad:

I see that bbc journalism is top class as usual. Looks like we signed two strikers in the January window:

“ David McGoldrick is on the bench after a spell out, while fellow forward Panagiotis Retsos, a transfer deadline day signing, is also on the bench.”

Wonder why our game goes ahead and Citeh's doesn't. Not like Sheffield and Manchester are experiencing vastly different weather.

Expecting a hard watch and much dampness.

Conditions in the ground seem mostly fine. Walk from the station to get into the Kop there was just a little rain, but I think the worst of it was probably earlier today. No doubt this will be part of the reasoning for going ahead.

Best fridge in the premier league
Best fridge in the premier league

Restos makes the bench but no Richie, those speedsters don't like the wet or the wind it cuts their 100 m times down.

The queue for the south stand entrance on the corner of the kop starts on Bramall Lane... defo going to be a delayed kickoff

To save time after the match feel free to copy and paste from the below scenarios from my hindsight generator:

Blades win - "GTFI! Those soft southerners never stood a chance. A men against boys performance from the red and white wizaaards!"

Draw - "Bit daft to try and play in this. Piss wet through, but at least it's another point on the board."

Bournemouth win - "FFS! WHAT A RIDICULOUS DECISION TO LET THIS GO AHEAD. ABSOLUTE FARCE!!! I WENT HOME AFTER RAMSDALE GOT HIS HAT-TRICK. I'M MAD WITH RAGE!!!"

Did you just see what happened in the last 10 minutes.............absolutely PISSED IT DOWN and gusted beyond whatever it has done so far,and i'm in S2.

Head in sand comical ali comment of yours :D

I’m at the match now....bottom of the Kop and the wind isn’t too bad...surprisingly sheltered, relatively speaking inside the stadium.

can’t be that windy...there’s lines of kids waving big flags at pitch side.

Right, enough about the weather bollox. Let's get the job done and get the game won today. Get three points today Blades, and then get the batteries recharged with the Dubai break.

Get it done Blades.

What a load of fucking bollox this is. Stood at copthorne queuing up for South stand.
Couldn't even delay kick off.

Berge miles off the pace, nowhere near his man first 10 mins then awful pass

Should have done what city did and cancelled the game lads. Were gibing possession away left right and centre.

Watching the replay I wonder if Berge couldn't see the Bournemouth man behind the ref. Poor pass granted but perhaps an explanation.

It was always likely he'd need some time to get up to speed.

Berge hugely at fault for their goal, he looks more like a fillet o fish to me. That said there's hardly been a Wilder signing post-league 1 who hasn't needed quite a few games to bed in. Remember when we all thought John Egan was shit.

I think hes gonna be a great player for us but there was no need to put him straight in the side. Just given a stupid free kick away lnow

Terrible so far. Can't keep possession so can't create anything. Bournemouth outworking us and preventing us playing our game.

Berge hugely at fault for their goal, he looks more like a fillet o fish to me. That said there's hardly been a Wilder signing post-league 1 who hasn't needed quite a few games to bed in. Remember when we all thought John Egan was shit.

He's showing a lot of quality as the game goes on, i'm officially upgrading him to a quarter pounder w/cheese

2nd best at the moment. Need to up the intensity that will help. Poor passing, slow thinking...one moment could wake em up...still gonna win though

Wilder rocket at half time should do the trick, slowly got on top of them by the end of the half. Billys having a reyt game

Back
Top Bottom