2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - FA Cup Quarter Final - 19th March 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif
vs.
blackburnrovers.gif

FA Cup Quarter Final - Sunday 19th March 2023 - 12:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-blackburn-rovers.655/

Officials:

Referee: Tim Robinson
Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood
Assistant Referee: Nick Greenhalgh
VAR: Paul Tierney
AVAR: Richard West

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 22.32.21.png

Almost a parady of a game. Warnock's team using man marking with special attention to our danger men, and also defending deep to prevent Jebbison space to run into.

We're trying to counter act that by roaming around, swapping positions, trying to pull them out of position, and then hopefully punish them with individual skill. We have managed to create chances, but unfortunately Jebbison hasn't had much luck (enough composure) in front of goal.

Egan is one who they are not closing down and he has taken responsibility a few times, although Berge wants him to attack space even more.

Awful first half to watch. They're just letting us come on to them and I have no idea what on earth some of our players are doing.

Jebbo has missed 3 chances of different shades of easiness. Can't afford to be wasteful even at this level. Needs a season on loan starting every week. Only way a player will learn. A lame effort in a 1 on 1, a terrible attempt at a free header a few yards out and the one where he gets across his defender and doesn't really get anything on it. The rest of his game is way off tonight as well.

I have no idea what Furious is doing. He needs to be taken off if this isn't a tactic. I reckon you take him off anyway and put Bogle on. He's doing everything but giving us any space on the right. The wingbacks need to stand on the touchline in games like this. On the odd occasion he gets it on the right instead of putting a cross in he's turning back inside. We can't take extra touches in games like this.

I'd be tempted to play 3 at the back and put the wingbacks as wingers. We at least need to go to 4 at the back.
Given Bogle isn't on the bench your opinion is very silly.

“Real Madrid wouldn’t have beaten us tonight”

(c) N Warnock, 2003

Thanks Bash but goodbye. Got turned for their first dangerous shot, got turned for their goal.

Good luck and goodbye.

Ps we must keep Ndiaye and let his contract run out for free. No if buts or maybes

Norwood also should not be starting any games next season.. but we already knew that.

I'd say we are completely reliant on set pieces for a goal here as nothing is going to come from open play with Norwood, Sharp, and McBurney. W e are so pedestrian its unbelievable.
utb

God knows how we're 2nd in League.
Could be embarrassing next season in Prem.

You obviously haven't watched us play, that's what away fans and fans who never watched us before say.
If you watched us this season you'd know why we were comfortably in second position almost all season.

Credit to Warnock, he has done a number on us, the 1st half was too easy. Huddersfield hardly made any attempt to get in our half.
Couldn't believe how negative they were, now I realise it was a cunning plan.

Lull us into a false sense of security, make us think it's an easy match, then up the tempo hit us in the 2nd half.
Now we're in a game but we have nothing to play for, so we're not pumped up in the normal way, so now it's Huddersfield looking better than us.

What is noticeable is that we don't carry the same goal threat without N'Diaye, he's so important to us.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom