Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - 23rd February 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1645438433147.png V. 1645438439495.png
Championship Week 32 - Wednesday 23rd February 2022 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-blackburn-rovers.585/

Officials:

Referee: Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Assistant Referee: James Wilson
Fourth Official: Leigh Doughty

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1645438411692.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

to be updated

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 10.12.37.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

The squad should really feel unstoppable after that

The problem is, most of the squad are either injured or suspended
We'll probably only have two on the bench at Fulham the way it's going.

Gibbs-White looked tired, but Berge had a fantastic game.
Really chuffed for Davies too, what with all hes going through at home, hope that lifted him a bit!
Well done Blades!

Quiet, boring, midweek game. Nothing much happened. etc etc

We started very well but Blackburn came back into it and probably just shaved first half. They continued into the second and definite red and definite pen. . We were worrying at the back and gave the ball away on a number of occasions but Blackburn didn't really hurt when we were down to 10 men. Surprising 3 points in the end and they looked more likely the second half though. Some great performances out there and a few pretty poor ones.

Wes - 8 - Great positioning for a couple of save and a very good save from the pen. Easy height and distance but very strong hands.
RND - 5 - I thought he left Robinson really exposed first half and Khadra just used the space he left behind him. Some very sloppy passing as well
Robinson - 7.5 - Had a torrid first half against Khadra with little help. also had clearances blocked which worry me. He stuck at it though. His long throws were dangerous all game. Much better second half. Won a number of vital headers. None more so than the determination to head it on for the winner.
Egan - 5 - A few times before he got tackled he looked to move forward with the ball without the greatest control. I thought he got better but I also though he struggled a bit.
Goode - 3 - Started pretty well and slotted in but he seemed to tire and with it become more and more sloppy. Passing going awry and the one he won back with a committed, if pretty reckless challenge. Stupid, needless, horror tackle for the red.
Baldock - 4 - Put a shift in a decent going forwards but gave the ball away several times and was absolutely slaughtered second half by Khadra. The penalty came from skinning him and he was a little fortunate not to get a second yellow for a pull back. Not his best work. The corner came from him still getting forward in injury time and pulling a defender away.
Fleck - 6 - There was a fair amount of good and bad. I thought he stuck at it and got better as the game went on but for every good run there was a poor pass.
Norwood - 5 - Sloppy and wasteful. We had bad Norwood today. Again, kept at it but one of the worst culprits for giving the ball away in defence.
Berge - 8 - Well. Best game he's had for us by a country mile. Driving to the byline and causing their defence all manner of problems. put in some great crosses and some very intelligent passing. He was also a bit clumsy and slow but managed to generally get out of it. Bit lucky when he managed to head their player while already on a booking.
MGW - 5 - Thought he was pretty awful and nothing really worked for him. He put a shift in and kept going.
Sharp - 5 - Not his game really. Missed a free header and while he kept making runs it never really worked out. A nice bit of skill to beat his man on the touchline but largely not his night.

Subs

McBurnie - 5 - Looked clumsy and slow. While I can understand taking Sharp off as he was clearly tired and offers more height, we didn't look better with him on
Davies - did nothing but score

Hecky - 6 - I was happy with the team and the first 15 minutes were really good but we lost our way and never really recovered it. He needs credit for holding his nerve after the red card. It would have been easy just to sit but we kept at it.

Blackburn - Weird team. They looked awful for the first 15 but came back into it. They have a few skilful players but didn't look great as a team. They defended pretty well, keeper aside, but most of their chances were from distance. Khadra was the best player on the pitch but they flattered to decieve really. I can seem them slowly sliding down the table.

Reactions: Dkc
Great result down to 10 men playing against 12 and we win GREAT WHAT A REF WORST THIS SEASON BY A MILE COMPLEAT IDIOT.

Just back, still buzzing from the goal. We didn't deserve to win that one but it's great that we got a bit of luck. Worrying that they dominated for so long, but for now we can just enjoy the win and the league table. Great save from Wes, and a fantastic composed finish from Davies. We weren't at our best but got another 3 points and another clean sheet. Table looks very interesting now, especially when QPR and Bournemouth still need to come to the Lane

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the Sander Berge show with special guest Clean Sheet Wes...

Considering we were playing against superior numbers, the referee and ourselves at times what a result!

A night to remember!

Quote doesn't work... I answered this:
"He looked like he picked up a knock early in the first half, maybe pulled at half time."

So did Berge. He took a gamble leaving them on for so long and it resulted in three points. Fingers crossed they are fit for next match!

Bloody typical I'm a season ticket holder, been to every home match except 3.

I've missed the 6-2 Peteroboro win, the 4-0 Swansea win and tonight dramatic last minute 1-0 win.

Probably missed the best 3 matched of the season.

'm definitely going to the Forest and Boro games, so hope I'm not a jinx. I've not seen us score that many goals this season.

Bloody typical I'm a season ticket holder, been to every home match except 3.

I've missed the 6-2 Peteroboro win, the 4-0 Swansea win and tonight dramatic last minute 1-0 win.

Probably missed the best 3 matched of the season.

'm definitely going to the Forest and Boro games, so hope I'm not a jinx. I've not seen us score that many goals this season.
DO US A FAVOUR MATE AND STOP AWAY HA HA

what a night, them games are amazing, 4-0 when the world is conspiring against you, through work rate & sheer force of will. we got the win you still get those 3 pts.

incredible 2nd half reminded me of 2-0 win v Middlesbrough in march 2019. rode our luck with Blackburn dangerous on the break, down to 10, looked bad from where i sat 2 footed & studs up. such ill discipline to let the referee horrendously inept performance get to goode

Sander Berge is sheer quality, he probally should be at championship level. technically 1 of great talents we've ever had. Wes Foderingham saving that penalty amongst other great saves. having the season of his life

Back
Top Bottom