Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - 23rd February 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BLA
BLA
BLA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1645438433147.png V. 1645438439495.png
Championship Week 32 - Wednesday 23rd February 2022 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-blackburn-rovers.585/

Officials:

Referee: Matthew Donohue
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Assistant Referee: James Wilson
Fourth Official: Leigh Doughty

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1645438411692.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

to be updated

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 10.12.37.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

We've played Blackburn more times than any other football club but strangely I think I've only ever seen us play them once.

We have much more about us than when we played at Ewood Park. Should be more of a contest this time.

They have some really fast midders and break at lightening speed . This could cause us problems on the counter but as Gaini says - we are in a much better position now than when we played them at Ewood.

THey don't have anything like the pace they had when we played them last. I think Poveda who ran us ragged on the counter is injured for the season and Khadra is playing sparingly. Add BBD to that and they've nowhere near the danger they had when we played them at Ewood.

All they did to us that day was sit back and wait for us to give the ball away and rip us apart on the counter, they won't be doing that as much without these 3 players.

They have some really fast midders and break at lightening speed . This could cause us problems on the counter but as Gaini says - we are in a much better position now than when we played them at Ewood.
See my post just after :)

Blackburn's form in last 5 games WLDDL so not in best form also last match was postponed v Milwall, so mat not be at sharpest. Fingers crossed

We could play the u12’s and play better than we did at Ewood Park, shocking performance by a team clearly not wanting to play for their manager.

Same line up as v Swansea I hope. But would understand if PH made a few changes given the fixture schedule.

However - I think this game is HUGE, so I expect to see Berge & MGW in the same roles, worked so well. Most accomplished performances for a while from those two, scary how good we could be if they play like that week in week out.

Only rotation I would guess would be Fleck, but his drive in home games gets us on front foot.

Baldock substitution purely precautionary? That's the only injury concern.

Same line up as v Swansea I hope. But would understand if PH made a few changes given the fixture schedule.

However - I think this game is HUGE, so I expect to see Berge & MGW in the same roles, worked so well. Most accomplished performances for a while from those two, scary how good we could be if they play like that week in week out.

Only rotation I would guess would be Fleck, but his drive in home games gets us on front foot.

Baldock substitution purely precautionary? That's the only injury concern.
Same team for me - Fleck was miles better on Sat and gave us bite

Think we need to go

---------------Fods---------------
Bogle--Bash--Egan--JLT----RND
----Beige----Pointy--Hourihane-
---------------MGW--------------
-----------Fallowfield-------------

And basically not fucking give the fucking ball away, and execute our chances

pommpey

Like others have said a very different Blackburn to the one we faced last time... No Poveda, Bereton Diaz or Dack.

A very different Blades team too since last time and much stronger.

Feeling confident going into this one.

If Basham,Baldock,Bogle and RND are out as all are doubtful, i reckon the back 3 will be Goode,Egan,Davies, LWB Robinson and then RWB would be one of the kids ?

Think we need to go

pommpey
Barn door Fallowfield needs resting.

I don't mind Billy Sharp, but he is no fallowfield.

Like others have said a very different Blackburn to the one we faced last time... No Poveda, Bereton Diaz or Dack.

A very different Blades team too since last time and much stronger.

Feeling confident going into this one.
Dack didn't play at Ewood Park.

Dacks been out injured almost a year. Playing for the u23s at the moment.

Dack is basically Blackburn's Berge

Shitload of talent, stymied by injury and at-times louche attitude.

Didn't he score that free kick v Gills when we scrounged a draw against them at their shithouse one day way back?

pommpey

I don't think there's anything to be scared of with Blackburn, they have only scored 2 goals in 8 league games this year and none in their last 4.

The challenge will be breaking them down, but if we're positive and press like we did on Saturday we should be OK.

Swap McBurnie out for Sharp with the rest of the side the same as Saturday and see if he can contribute and score a chance. We need to give him a go in a side with good creativity like MGW and Berge running through. Not convinced he’ll do anything like, but we don’t know until we try

Think we need to go

pommpey
Bogle injured

Dack is basically Blackburn's Berge

Shitload of talent, stymied by injury and at-times louche attitude.

Didn't he score that free kick v Gills when we scrounged a draw against them at their shithouse one day way back?

pommpey
That’s very harsh on Dack. He’s done much more in English football than Berge has.

Swap McBurnie out for Sharp with the rest of the side the same as Saturday and see if he can contribute and score a chance. We need to give him a go in a side with good creativity like MGW and Berge running through. Not convinced he’ll do anything like, but we don’t know until we try
No 😨

Back
Top Bottom