Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 11th April 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1617995475068.png v. 1617995483354.png
EPL Week 31 - Sunday 11th April 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.539/

Officials:

Referee:
Peter Bankes
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Assistant Referee: James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Lee Mason
Video Assistant Referee: Jarred Gillett
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 20.13.12.png

A full 12 months of utter fucking amateurish rubbish....................yet we'll rinse and repeat all over again next time out.

In a normal season it costs me an average £300 to get over for a game and I still get over at least a dozen times a year, but FFS if the club doesn't give a shit why should I? Before I renew my ST this time I want to see a new manager who isn't Wilder wearing a mask, who says he'll be playing attacking football with a system and players who can do it.

As for this season, thank fuck for Covid or I would would have had to travel to watch that shyte.

Yes I know it's a dream, and I know I'll wake up soon. No fucker could write a nightmare like we're going through.

First half was pathetic. No shape, players all over the shop, spent most of it passing around the back precariously before launching it to no one. Shit all over the pitch, the three midfielders could have been at home for all the work they did. Burke looked like a he was at the seaside. It felt like the team, as a whole, were doing the bare minimum to look like they were trying but making no effort whatsoever to compete. Our defending from corners was worse than you'll see an U-11s team in the park on a Sunday. Second half much better, in terms of effort at least. Players actually looked like they wanted to win. Ran around a bit. Actually pinned them back a little. Then undone by mistakes again.

Ramsdale - 5.5 - Lucky when he played a one-two with Lacazette and his distribution was appalling. You could argue he should do better on the second. Swept up well but looked a little hairy.
Osborn - 5 - Kid runs around a lot. Can't fault his effort. It's a shame he so one footed and his technique is nowhere near good enough.
Stevens - 4 - Can't fault the effort and put in a good cross first half whilst overlapping but his touch lets him down and he is ponderous on the ball.
Egan - 6.5 - Put in a couple of good block and was our best player by a fair distance. Still lost his man far too often
Ampadu - 4 - Got absolutely sold for their 3rd goal and gave the ball away badly and lucky to get away with it. Does some things really well then messes up.
Baldock - 5 - Another one who actually made the effort all game. Did well to keep Martinelli on the outside but struggled all game with their pace and fluidity
Norwood - 1 - Gave the ball away ridiculously twice in the first half and got away with it. Also almost fell over. He's so far off being good enough it's embarrassing.
Fleck - 2 - Looked like he'd been on a session first half. Was slightly better in the second. At least looked like he was trying. Still abject
Lundstram - 1 - Ridiculous give-away for the second. First half he may as well not have been on the pitch. Better in the second but he's almost constantly tap back or side. He at least looked like he wanted the ball. Even if it was just to pass it backwards and then get it again.
McGoldrick - 4 - Gave the ball away repeatedly first half and missed yet another chance. We can't afford a striker who can't shoot. He worked hard, getting back and put a good block in, but he's a striker. His inability to shoot is a liability and one we sadly can't afford next season. Sorry, I know people love him but we have no chance of going up if he starts.
Burke - 1 - Looked like Forest Gump again first half but Forest Gump tries. He did nothing first half. Genuinely looked like he didn't want to be there. Ran around a lot more for the second half but needs to go. Awful footballer. He's probably better at rugby. Are we sure he's not playing the wrong sport?

Subs

McBurnie - 4 - Held it up and passed it on once. Other than that, nothing.
Breswter - 5 - Set mousse up well and linked up ok but again very little
Mousset - 2 - Completely fluffed a shot but get a point for running and looking like he was angry with himself and not just dreaming of a fish supper.

Heck - 2 - We were set up like a group of strangers. I understand his reluctance to change much but the last two games the team have come out and not given a shit. Wandered around. The first half today was one of the worst halves of football, as a team, I've seen. We didn't even try to attack and were only around their box twice. We literally passed it around slowly at the back, getting deeper and deeper and then hoofed it. I have no idea what is said at half time but they looked a different team. Still shit and not PL standard but they looked like they wanted to try and win, at least.

A full 12 months of utter fucking amateurish rubbish....................yet we'll rinse and repeat all over again next time out.

In a normal season it costs me an average £300 to get over for a game and I still get over at least a dozen times a year, but FFS if the club doesn't give a shit why should I? Before I renew my ST this time I want to see a new manager who isn't Wilder wearing a mask, who says he'll be playing attacking football with a system and players who can do it.

As for this season, thank fuck for Covid or I would would have had to travel to watch that shyte.

Yes I know it's a dream, and I know I'll wake up soon. No fucker could write a nightmare like we're going through.
We wouldn’t have been served this up if we were in the ground!

Oh the interview "fine margins" FFS 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
What a fucking joke that interview was.
Fine margins ✅
Quality opposition ✅
Individual errors ✅
Can't fault the players effort ✅
We go again ✅

Absolute bollocks of the highest order. Not only do we play the same formation, with the same shit players, with the same substitutions at the same time. We even have the same interviews talking about the same shit over and over again 😂

What a fucking joke that interview was.
Fine margins ✅
Quality opposition ✅
Individual errors ✅
Can't fault the players effort ✅
We go again ✅

Absolute bollocks of the highest order. Not only do we play the same formation, with the same shit players, with the same substitutions at the same time. We even have the same interviews talking about the same shit over and over again 😂

Wilder is Rod Hull to Hecky's Emu

Let's look for a positive.
I thought that was McBurnie's best outing this season. Touched the ball 5 times, gave it away (only) twice, jogged about for 2 minutes.
Small mercies.

Just before his injury, he became the first player in about 80 mins to try and move forward through the middle positively, beating two men and playing to Fleck.

Probably made him one of the best performers on the night statistically.

Just before his injury, he became the first player in about 80 mins to try and move forward through the middle positively, beating two men and playing to Fleck.

Seriously Foxy - are you related to McBurnie or work for him in some capacity? Every game I see you try and defend the indefensible. He is utter garbage at this level. Surely anybody with eyes can see that.

Seriously Foxy - are you related to McBurnie or work for him in some capacity? Every game I see you try and defend the indefensible. He is utter garbage at this level. Surely anybody with eyes can see that.

I wasn't defending him, I was summing up the performance, that brief moment was one of very few of actual note going forward all game. The statistics bit was sarcastic.

He wasn't on long enough to really 'rate' in any form of serious manner.

I wasn't defending him, I was summing up the performance, that brief moment was one of very few of actual note going forward all game. The statistics bit was sarcastic.

He wasn't on long enough to really 'rate' in any form of serious manner.
I always rated him before he arrived, but since he's been here our tactics are such that any striker is going to struggle, and he's certainly done that.

There is no positive review that can be awarded to McB, but the same can be said of almost all the payers this season.

It's like the PL built a new row of houses on Elm Street and we moved our entire first team squad into them

Btl post match interview

We wuz shit
No I'll rephrase we made shit look like beef Wellington
I'm leaving now to attack Lundwood with a machete

hard to say much about tonight, again we werent good enough, our tempo has dropped since 12 mths ago which never suits us but its nothing we didnt know from early rounds of cup games for the last 4 years. but biggest worry is that least in september / october we were creating tons of chances being extremely wasteful, for last 6 weeks we look toothless

it hard to say about coasting because most of us have waiting for end of the season since Feb

Our only player to beat a man, and their midfield is shit defensively!

Back
Top Bottom