Sharp

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Billy has given me some of my happiest memories as a Blade. It will take a lot to dislodge him as one of my favourite players. His desire to win has been as important in setting the club culture as his goals have to winning us many points.

My lad is two years old so not old enough to come to games yet, but I cannot wait to bore his little ears off telling him about the years when Sharp was captain.

Can you imagine if he goes on to manage and achieves anything close to what Wilder has with us? It might be the end of this chapter, but he has so much more to come and if he really applied himself off the pitch, he could be back one day to continue the story.
Final of the Champions League, at the Stadio Spectaculario. Real Madrid v Sheffield United. Last minute winner scored by Leo Sharp, son of the United manager. That’ll do.

Maybe just me but I thought he seemed a little more withdrawn during all the celebrations in recent weeks.

What a servant though - simply a modern day legend for what he’s achieved. Whatever happens I’m sure we’ve not seen the last of him at SUFC.

I was no where near being born when Woodward and Currie was playing but iv sang there names. Billy Sharp will be sung about for generations to come.

When we sign the next wonderstriker in 20 years time I'll be turning to my lad and saying "he's good but he's no Billy Sharp" and I'm sure he will be singing about Billy till he's an old fucker.

Billy we love you 😍

Completely understandable sentiment is clouding judgements.

On top of the fact that we need to utilise every penny of our probable meagre budget next season as best we can, I think this is a comparative thought.

I dont think the signing of Ashley Barnes would please many, if any. However, he is 4 years younger than Billy and has scored nearly 40 more PL goals in recent years.

If Billy wants to carry on playing, good on him. I just hope if he leaves its not under a cloud.

It's going to a weird atmosphere at the Parade, if Sharp and a few others have been given the boot.

It's going to a weird atmosphere at the Parade, if Sharp and a few others have been given the boot.
The whole parade is weird imo. I get the last promotion but this time feels like we milking it. Is there even a thread about it?

I think I'm relieved more than anything for two reasons. It shows a bit of intent by the management that they are making decisions for sound football reasons, as we know Bill would not be figuring much if at all next season. Secondly, he leaves us on a high, legend status intact and with all our love. It makes me shudder to think he would be retained out of sentimentality as some kind of mascot figure getting a run out in cup games and cameos.

The whole parade is weird imo. I get the last promotion but this time feels like we milking it. Is there even a thread about it?

I don't blame the club for having it. We aren't the least successful club, but we are also far from the most, so we should celebrate, even milk it when success does come along.

I admit that it doesn't feel the same as last time though.

I don't blame the club for having it. We aren't the least successful club, but we are also far from the most, so we should celebrate, even milk it when success does come along.

I admit that it doesn't feel the same as last time though.
Everyone has a parade when they get promoted, it’s standard practice.

I wonder if fans of other clubs tie themselves in knots about if they are celebrating correctly and proportionally when they get promoted.

Along with all the shite about us getting a trophy it’s almost like we should be embarrassed about getting promoted. We really are a self loathing bunch at times.

“Oooooh fans of clubs that finished below us might think we are tin-pot” (I fucking hate the phrase tin pot- what does it even mean anyway? Fucking nonsense). They’d all kill to be having an open top parade and a season in the big time.

I wonder if fans of other clubs tie themselves in knots about if they are celebrating correctly and proportionally when they get promoted.

Along with all the shite about us getting a trophy it’s almost like we should be embarrassed about getting promoted. We really are a self loathing bunch at times.

“Oooooh fans of clubs that finished below us might think we are tin-pot” (I fucking hate the phrase tin pot- what does it even mean anyway? Fucking nonsense). They’d all kill to be having an open top parade and a season in the big time.
Add 'we'd never sell out if we extended the ground' to that list.

It was always going to come to end at some point,

I just wish Billy could accept that the club has to progress & he’s simply not a Premiership footballer.

If it has ended badly I can only think that it’s because he’s either not been offered a contract at all or on reduced terms & informed his game time will be limited.

For me if it’s the latter then I don’t think anyone can have any issues with the clubs decision.

Billy Sharp should be a name celebrated and sang on our terraces for as long the club is in existence.

for £1 million over 12 months if his £20k per week is to believed?! Brilliant thoughtful spending.
I’m sure Billy would agree to something to stay on

Plus what’s the alternatives ?? Where else are you going to find someone proven for that amount if you are all about brilliant spending ??

Agreed.

I would have offered him another year, on appropriate terms

I hope this doesn't rock the boat too much

We could really do with someone like him around the squad next season because we hardly have the budget to compensate simply by buying quality. Need to maximise everything we currently are and having him around feels like a guarantor of that

But if it's not to be, all the best to him. What more is there to say? His 3rd spell at the club has been a real life fairytale. He's been great for us, and it's been great for him. A remarkable career - very few players get to experience one like his. Three promotions with your genuine boyhood club, playing a huge part in the first two and an important part in the last. Could not ask for more

I hope he reunites with McGoldrick at Derby. Those two without doubt would get them up. Surely any issues he has with them can be buried, with McGoldrick there and what happened at Forest in the play offs. If it happened, I guarantee their fans would embrace him

We could really do with someone like him around the squad next season because we hardly have the budget to compensate simply by buying quality. Need to maximise everything we currently are and having him around feels like a guarantor of that

But if it's not to be, all the best to him. What more is there to say? His 3rd spell at the club has been a real life fairytale. He's been great for us, and it's been great for him. A remarkable career - very few players get to experience one like his. Three promotions with your genuine boyhood club, playing a huge part in the first two and an important part in the last. Could not ask for more

I hope he reunites with McGoldrick at Derby. Those two without doubt would get them up. Surely any issues he has with them can be buried, with McGoldrick there and what happened at Forest in the play offs. If it happened, I guarantee their fans would embrace him
There is 0% chance Billy Sharp signs for Derby County.

Perfect fit that.

Be gobsmacked if this didn’t happen.

If it does, lump on Derby for promotion.

Whatever, thanks old Bill.

And for one last time !😂

03B0761E-5951-4C2A-9D08-322044022302.jpeg

Thinking back now, wasn't there some issue with their fans crossing the line with chants/comments about the events in his personal life?

If so, that's a shame, because you're right, he won't go there, and rightly so
Football a fickle business. Fans of football even more so !

First goal goes in and that all changes !!

UTB

Back
Top Bottom