Player Suggestion Serhou Guirassy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His career mirrors Akpom’s in a way. Same age. Suddenly started bagging. But while Akpom is a one season wonder this guy is the next Pele.
He's played top division football all his life, Akpom hasn't

6 so far this season, not going to lie but I’d not heard of him till he played against us, but he was so impressive and his goals so far this season prove him to be a top player. Wonder why no one triggered the 12 million release clause, baffling.

Eh? Stuttgart just bought him didn't they? He was on loan there last season

If you google Serhou Guirassy release clause, you will see the details.

What a bizarre situation Stuttgart put themselves in with that, signed him 1st of June with a release clause that could be activated before August? And I though we were crap at clauses 🤣

What a bizarre situation Stuttgart put themselves in with that, signed him 1st of June with a release clause that could be activated before August? And I though we were crap at clauses 🤣

Guirassy really wanted premier league football. It would have been at his request the only way he'd sign for Stuttgart.

He's played top division football all his life, Akpom hasn't
And pretty much failed at it whilst becoming a journeyman at teams who are hardly streets ahead of the championship. Not saying I don’t like him just find it a bit contradictory.

He's been scoring at a good rate for about 4 years, whenever he's played, at 3 different clubs, in 2 different leagues

I’m baffled no one signed him this summer given his record. He goes for big money next season. Well out of our reach at this rate.

The opportunity to offload our current #9 and replace him with this lad for perhaps < £10m after fee received will forever haunt me 👻.

Onwards.

UTB

And a 2nd goal at the end

10 goals in the first 5 now breaks the Bundesliga record

Full package CF fulfilling his potential

Not sure it was ever realistic to sign him but he would have been a good un it would seem.

This bloke would have been a far better signing than Archer coz he can lead the line on his own.
As soon as our McBurnie is absent , Archer becomes almost irrelevant - and bringing on Traore to support him is just a joke - but Hecky thought it was as good idea 🙄

Forget Archer..... how about the 10m+ we've spent on Trusty, Traore and Slimane..... it's almost as if we had money to burn. Just not on anyone good

Guirassy was probably always unrealistic for us but two who probably weren't are Dovbyk and Mostafa Mohamed. We were interested or linked with both. Both have started the season well. I've watched a bit of Mohamed and he looks perfect for what we need - strong, mobile, aggressive line leading CF with a good, controlled way about him. They signed him for about 5m. If we could have picked him up for similar, it was a terrible mistake not to

This thread is making me physically sick now, to think Paul Mitchell and our staff saw him up close at Bramall Lane and thought nah not worth a shite let’s go after Archer and Akpom instead 🤢

Apparently Guirassy has a £17m release clause next summer but obviously that ship has sailed, he's currently linked with Forest and Fulham amongst others but if he continues scoring at the rate he is at the moment he'll have everyone below the elite chasing him.

We need to be smarter and find players at the stage he was at when he moved to Germany. Stuttgart took a bit of a punt on player with a decent but not spectacular record in France (9 in 37 in 21/22 and 10 in 27 in 20/21 for Rennes; 9 in 23 in the curtailed 19/20 season for relegated Amiens) and it's paid off spectacularly.

This thread is making me physically sick now, to think Paul Mitchell and our staff saw him up close at Bramall Lane and thought nah not worth a shite let’s go after Archer and Akpom instead 🤢
We probably made an approach but he would have had zero interest in joining us.

On what planet do you have to live to think he’d have committed career suicide by signing for us?
He wouldn’t so much be waiting for his first goal as waiting for his first blummin pass.
Blimey, get a grip.
🥳😂😂😂🥳
Spot on!

Until we sort our style of play out we won’t have a fucking chance to sign players like this. This season could be really bad for future recruitment for us. Anyone with any ability will avoid us like the plaque.

If we can start creating chances, playing brave football & stop being the leagues whipping boys and hoof merchants we might be in with a chance of signing someone like this.

Years of work to get us there from where we are now though.

Spot on!

Until we sort our style of play out we won’t have a fucking chance to sign players like this. This season could be really bad for future recruitment for us. Anyone with any ability will avoid us like the plaque.

If we can start creating chances, playing brave football & stop being the leagues whipping boys and hoof merchants we might be in with a chance of signing someone like this.

Years of work to get us there from where we are now though.
Our playing style could (and should) have been structured around a player of this type. How this wasn’t the case and we, instead, went for a promising England U21 striker of diminutive stature is beyond me.

I’m telling you, an over the hill Troy Deeney would have been an excellent signing for us as things stand. It’s that bad !!!

UTB

Our playing style could (and should) have been structured around a player of this type. How this wasn’t the case and we, instead, went for a promising England U21 striker of diminutive stature is beyond me.

I’m telling you, an over the hill Troy Deeney would have been an excellent signing for us as things stand. It’s that bad !!!

UTB
We need to change the midfield before we start talking about what strikers we need to bring in imho.

We keep buying promising young strikers only to find that they aren’t delivering the goods. Maybe the problem isn’t them but our slow, weak, static, one-dimensional midfielders.

We’ve had this problem for at least seven transfer windows and we ain’t sorted it yet.

Back
Top Bottom