CONFIRMED Semi Final Date - Sat 22nd 16:45 ko

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brighton 2 Wednesday 1 was in 1983. The multiple replays against Arsenal was in 1979 and Arsenal won at Filbert Street

I remember the nauseating fuss - chiefly from The Star, of course - that was made about the Pigs ‘taking over 25,000’ and ‘taking more than Brighton’ to Highbury for the 1983 semi-final. It was ever thus, in relation to that lot and crowds.

I also remember that 3 days after the 2-1 defeat, the valiant but vanquished heroes were greeted back to Hillsborough by 11,713 for the league match against QPR.

A lot of supposed fans seemed to get lost on the way back from London…

I remember the nauseating fuss - chiefly from The Star, of course - that was made about the Pigs ‘taking over 25,000’ and ‘taking more than Brighton’ to Highbury for the 1983 semi-final. It was ever thus, in relation to that lot and crowds.

I also remember that 3 days after the 2-1 defeat, the valiant but vanquished heroes were greeted back to Hillsborough by 11,713 for the league match against QPR.

For the final game of the Arsenal every employer put all Grunters on afternoons or nights, otherwise they’d have been there. Obviously.

I can't book owt until the time and date for the semi-final against Man City are confirmed. however, man city plays in the champions league on the 19th of April. Man Utd plays in the Europa League Thursday 20th April.so I think The Blades will play at Wembley sat 22nd April.5.30 pm kick-off.

I can't book owt until the time and date for the semi-final against Man City are confirmed. however, man city plays in the champions league on the 19th of April. Man Utd plays in the Europa League Thursday 20th April.so I think The Blades will play at Wembley sat 22nd April.5.30 pm kick-off.
The day is Saturday because of the man u game as has been mentioned nigh on 30,000 sodding times. Kick-off nobody knows but many suggest it has to be outside this TV blackout thing. So 5pm onwards.

believe they took 30k to highbury for that semi but they must have more part time fans than any other club in england somehow 10k always seem to turn up at the sty for any last game of the season promotion parties but nowhere to be seen for the other 22 games 🤭🤣

I say we boycott the semi-final in protest - at having to wait as long for a kick off time, as we do for a fucking takeover.

Still over a month to the semi final so no rush but even so , it is bizarre with such an obvious date for the Manc clubs on that weekend that we are still waiting for the official announcement

So is it definitely Sunday lunchtime or not?
10am ko Sunday…. Was gonna be at 5:15 the day before, but the beeb and ITV have given themselves a bet, itv said they can show our game and get the cameras and trucks out within an hour of the final whistle. As the beeb bring their trucks and cameras in, the beeb said they can’t, so ITV said ‘game on let’s have it’.

I’m not going, what’s the point? Come to think of it, I’m chucking my current ST away, and also not renewing either, again, what’s the point?

Still over a month to the semi final so no rush but even so , it is bizarre with such an obvious date for the Manc clubs on that weekend that we are still waiting for the official announcement
You're answering your own question here

believe they took 30k to highbury for that semi but they must have more part time fans than any other club in england somehow 10k always seem to turn up at the sty for any last game of the season promotion parties but nowhere to be seen for the other 22 games 🤭🤣
Over the years it has been fascinating to see them get 35000 sell out for a really big match then seemingly lose 10000 fans in a week for the next match, strange but true

The match tickets are not the problem. it's the date and kick-off time. would like to know. so arrangements for travel etc can be made. common sense you would have thought.apparently not judging by certain people on this forum.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll be here for the next few hours, then I've got to go to the dentist, hopefully not pulling teeth or it will be like waiting for either a semi-final ko/ticket announcement or a Dozy takeover.
Hope thee teeth drop art. In « Tarn ».

The match tickets are not the problem. it's the date and kick-off time. would like to know. so arrangements for travel etc can be made. common sense you would have thought.apparently not judging by certain people on this forum.
i did put it on here, maybe three, could be four days ago now, 5:15 Saturday ish……. but keep it to yourself

When we lost to pigs at Wembley our next home match was Leeds and I'm sure that was a low crowd prompting Flashing Blade to mention it on front of next edition.

I am but still don’t get why they would not announce it by now to allow for hotel/travel bookings etc
What's the issue with hotels? What day you staying over? The Saturday? Why not book a hotel on booking. Com where you get free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance? Hotels aren't an issue. Even trains aren't an issue. We KNOW the game is Saturday. We KNOW it's after 3pm. So what's the train issue if you are staying the saturday?

I just don't get it. My brother booked their hotel before we'd even beat Blackburn. Covered all bases, got in early, Friday and Saturday. Just have to cancel the Friday night one.

What's the issue with hotels? What day you staying over? The Saturday? Why not book a hotel on booking. Com where you get free cancellation up to 24 hours in advance? Hotels aren't an issue. Even trains aren't an issue. We KNOW the game is Saturday. We KNOW it's after 3pm. So what's the train issue if you are staying the saturday?

I just don't get it. My brother booked their hotel before we'd even beat Blackburn. Covered all bases, got in early, Friday and Saturday. Just have to cancel the Friday night one.
There's a small chance they may decide it's 12.15. Still, if you book an early train you'll be fine whenever KO is.

When we lost to pigs at Wembley our next home match was Leeds and I'm sure that was a low crowd prompting Flashing Blade to mention it on front of next edition.
We beat Leeds at the Lane 2 days later, in front of 20,562.

That was actually our 4th highest gate that season, behind the Man U gate on the first day, the derby game in November, and just 70 less than the gate against Liverpool. It was above our average that season which was only 18,801. This was the time when United were having to re-build support after the wilderness years of the late 70’s and 80’s, albeit against a perennial struggle against the odds and relegation.

The FB front cover after the defeat in the semi-final was more of a defiant statement, although the editorial did question how United could tempt back the thousands who had been to Wembley, whilst doubting that there was anything that Dave Bassett could do about it, given that the season had shown that United simply weren’t good enough to prosper in the top flight, and were simply destined to constantly battle for their existence because of - as it ever was - the Board.

29BAE952-E757-4B7C-AC39-3DC42EE982C2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom