Incoming? Sean Robertson - Trialist v. Burton Albion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If he's been released by Palace then he must be shit after watching their First Team Squad play yesterday against the DIRTY's over here in Australia.
Both teams were absolutely awful!!! Struggled to string 2 passes together with hardly a shot in anger all game. I know it was just a pre-season friendly/exhibition game but you would have expected at least the basics to be there. Leeds got lucky with a penalty given for Summerville heading the ball on to himself and then falling over.
After taking multiple showers with bleach when getting home, I almost feel clean again.......

Only joking about Robertson. Watched some of the game and he looked decent after his initial wobbly start.

Could say same for Blades against Mansfield/Scunny, but we wont.

Therefore not shit.

Could say same for Blades against Mansfield/Scunny, but we wont.

Therefore not shit.
Hence why I said at the end "Only joking about Robertson. Watched some of the game and he looked decent after his initial wobbly start.
He looks a good player on the hour or so that I watched before falling asleep (Middle of the night over here and I had to be up for work early).
If I was the management team I'd definitely want to have another look at him. Think there were some concerns at Palace about injuries which may be why he has been let go?

Imagine the balls on slapping exclusive on something when Hecky has already spoken to the media about him after he played for us.

Great story that. We might offer a deal to someone who appeared as a trialist.

"Other commitments"

May even have been arranged before he played for us. His runs were so impressive I'm a bit worried about missing out on him. If we remain interested we're surely watching him tonight, should be a good chance of assessing him further.

With Bogle out for some time and Baldock gradually seeming to get knocks more often, he may have a good chance here.

Nixon has indicated that he has turned us down.

You couldn't blame him for wanting to go and get first team football. Realistically, he's likely to be third choice here if / when everybody is fit.

Agree though, I think he'd be a sensible signing if we can convince him.

Nixon has indicated that he has turned us down.

You couldn't blame him for wanting to go and get first team football. Realistically, he's likely to be third choice here if / when everybody is fit.

Agree though, I think he'd be a sensible signing if we can convince him.
Where’s he said this?

I was under the impression that he'd already agreed to have trials elsewhere this week, hence we want another look at him if we can.

He hasn't said he's turned us down, he's said he's chosen to go on trial at Derby too. We already knew that, and I assume Heckingbottom knew that with his comments after the game.

Can easily win a starting spot until Bogle's back, and then if he's doing well it takes the pressure of us rushing Bogle back and will be a nice problem to have with them both competing

Reported today that Bogle is going to miss the first third of the season.
We definitely need another RWB. We can't go back to Ben Osborn filling in or dipping into the youth teams to find the next Seriki.

Reported today that Bogle is going to miss the first third of the season.
We definitely need another RWB. We can't go back to Ben Osborn filling in or dipping into the youth teams to find the next Seriki.
There’s no guarantee Bogle will ever be quite as good again after such a long lay off and, even if he does get back to his former level, it might take a while. It could be until after Christmas before he’s a first team player. We definitely need someone in.

Back
Top Bottom