Requesting a fans forum

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Every area of running a club succesfully has been failed. Look at the key areas:

Financial Management: We put under embargo last year and saved by a deposit from a fraudster. God knows where we would have been if we had not been promoted. I've never known a club to be so poorly ran, that they ended up close to net neutral spend on promotion to the richest league in the world. And this is a club that have prided themselves on keeping to a wage structure. If we had been signing players on £80k+ a week when were last promoted I would have understood, but the whole premise of not doing this was to run a 'sustainable club'.

Player Recruitment: Out of all signings made in the past 3-5 years I can think of maybe 1 or 2 that have appreciated or held their value. We have bought expensive British flops for lots of money, and wasted smaller sums of money on non UK based players that just look so far off the pace its frightening.

Player Retention: We have given contracts to those who clearly aren't good enough, and struggled to tie down those who we actually want to keep. We then state publically about players 'trying harder' in the last year of their contract. If I were a professional footballer with any dignity - I would have been outraged by that comment.

Player Well-Being: Even if you've got the best team in the world, they have to be fit and healthy. Several years now we have had injury upon injury - other teams have struggled with this also, but consistently over 3+ years?

Club Communication: The owner was happy to take the plaudits when we were doing well, but then hides away when its tough. We use a proxy on twitter to feed positive messages about the club.

Thats withouth even discussing our match day issues in terms of tactics, player choices and performances. The apathy in the club is the worst I've probably seen it - even in League 1 at least we won a chunk of games and performances here generated anger and not hoplessness.

Other clubs are being bought. Its clear the price over the past 18 months has been set too high from a greedy/arrogant/poorly advised owner (delete as appropriate) and now he is sandbagged with a club he will probably not sell for a long time.
Great post

If you go to the cinema and leave thinking the film was abysmal, do you get a refund ?

Will Liverpool give us a refund on Brewster because he has not lived up to our expectations ?

If he had been a toaster we would have at least contacted our local MP.

Back
Top Bottom