Requesting a fans forum

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kozzy_is_my_Dad

No excuses, no dickheads.
Reaction score
This season has been a debacle, an embarrassment, from preseason until now. We, and the squad, are being embarrassed on a global scale.

Every aspect of this season has been inexcusable. From recruitment, to sale of key players, to the timing of those sales, to the impacts for the start of the season, to that patched up side on the opening day, to the Prince's accountant mate seemingly being the informal informant for the fans via Twitter. Yes, really. None of that suggests premier league club.

As a result, the squad have been playing catch-up - trying to find system, trying to gel (after a change of the longstanding old guard), but without adequate time for preparation, and in the hardest league in the world. Many have been trying to play on this division for this first time. We've lacked a system, lacked athletes, lacked leaders. Unsurprisingly, we've looked out of our depth and unable to compete, and it only takes a few instances of being outclassed and having your arses handed to you, for heads to drop.

We've been unable to compete, and we've lacked the quality and depth of squad to do so.

The communication wasn't good enough.
The planning wasn't good enough.
The recruitment wasn't good enough.
Now, we aren't good enough.

Others may be culpable along the way, in poor choices of tactics or poor decision making on the pitch, but this isn't the sole cause. The manager and squad can only do so much with the tools they have. We have to be nigh on perfect each game, just to stand a sniff of a chance. No manager changes this, we've evidenced that.

So now, we deserve answers, explanations, commitments for the future of our club. We need to hear what the plans are, we need some vision for next summer, to prevent free fall. Most of all, we need accountability from the hierarchy of the club for this shit show of a season. As Revolution said on another thread, there's been no accountability whatsoever. It isn't good enough.

Blades 0-6 Arsenal
Blades 0-5 Brighton
Blades 0-5 Villa
Blades 2-5 Brighton
Burnley 5-0 Blades
Arsenal 5-0 Blades
Blades 0-8 Newcastle

Any ONE of those results could've warranted a refund for fans of any other club, if a standalone result in a season. It's utterly horrific, embarrassing, infuriating and saddening.

Realistically, we didn't expect to spend the earth, or to even stay up, but we do expect to show some pride, togetherness and the ability compete. Most of all, we expect the club to be run better.

I'd like to request a fans forum, hosted by the club, in person, with questions from the fans and IN Sheffield, with the powers that be present. It's the very least they owe us.

Up the chuffing Blades.

The only way change will happen is if we start disrupting games by throwing tennis balls on the pitch (or something like that) continuously for our owners to leave. I think that would be unprecedented for it to happen at PL level, and absolutely embarrassing.

And would not necessarily change things for the better.

Asides from that feel your frustration but fans meetings won't change anything (not saying they shouldn't happen though, we all need a place to vent and have some solidarity!).

The only way change will happen is if we start disrupting games by throwing tennis balls on the pitch (or something like that) continuously for our owners to leave. I think that would be unprecedented for it to happen at PL level, and absolutely embarrassing.

And would not necessarily change things for the better.

Asides from that feel your frustration but fans meetings won't change anything (not saying they shouldn't happen though, we all need a place to vent and have some solidarity!).
Given who owns us and how he made his "fortune" throwing cheap bog rolls onto the pitch would be more appropriate than tennis balls!

Best we can hope for is the Prince decides to go on SU Way again and talk more of his nonsense about how it's a good thing that we have all these players in the last year of the contract as the try harder.

Couldn't give a shit what the guy thinks anymore. He's ruined his legacy with this season where he's overseen a total embarrassment from start to finish. The sooner he clears off the better, just got to hope he doesn't try and sell us to a charlatan, again.

I’m surprised no fans entered the pitch last night. In light of no Sharp and them seemingly not responding to Wilder, the next best thing is a rocket from a fan.

Every area of running a club succesfully has been failed. Look at the key areas:

Financial Management: We put under embargo last year and saved by a deposit from a fraudster. God knows where we would have been if we had not been promoted. I've never known a club to be so poorly ran, that they ended up close to net neutral spend on promotion to the richest league in the world. And this is a club that have prided themselves on keeping to a wage structure. If we had been signing players on £80k+ a week when were last promoted I would have understood, but the whole premise of not doing this was to run a 'sustainable club'.

Player Recruitment: Out of all signings made in the past 3-5 years I can think of maybe 1 or 2 that have appreciated or held their value. We have bought expensive British flops for lots of money, and wasted smaller sums of money on non UK based players that just look so far off the pace its frightening.

Player Retention: We have given contracts to those who clearly aren't good enough, and struggled to tie down those who we actually want to keep. We then state publically about players 'trying harder' in the last year of their contract. If I were a professional footballer with any dignity - I would have been outraged by that comment.

Player Well-Being: Even if you've got the best team in the world, they have to be fit and healthy. Several years now we have had injury upon injury - other teams have struggled with this also, but consistently over 3+ years?

Club Communication: The owner was happy to take the plaudits when we were doing well, but then hides away when its tough. We use a proxy on twitter to feed positive messages about the club.

Thats withouth even discussing our match day issues in terms of tactics, player choices and performances. The apathy in the club is the worst I've probably seen it - even in League 1 at least we won a chunk of games and performances here generated anger and not hoplessness.

Other clubs are being bought. Its clear the price over the past 18 months has been set too high from a greedy/arrogant/poorly advised owner (delete as appropriate) and now he is sandbagged with a club he will probably not sell for a long time.

He’ll end up on one of the podcasts with the hosts in awe of him & not asking proper questions making him feel uncomfortable.

This season all stems down to the fact we were completely unprepared. I’d have rather let NDiaye go on a free than sign Archer on a deal that literally sees him go back at the end of the season.

The recruitment team signed a load of shite from abroad, not one of them would start for a top 6 championship side.

In some ways, I'm not really interested in the whys and wherefores of what has happened, but what I do want to know is what is the short/medium/long term plan? At the moment, we are drifting, with no direction or leadership. I understand the main focus for the Prince is to find a buyer and he will have his price, but where are we at with that and if it doesn't happen in the next 6-12 months, what is the plan then?

In some ways, I'm not really interested in the whys and wherefores of what has happened, but what I do want to know is what is the short/medium/long term plan? At the moment, we are drifting, with no direction or leadership. I understand the main focus for the Prince is to find a buyer and he will have his price, but where are we at with that and if it doesn't happen in the next 6-12 months, what is the plan then?
Yeah this is it for me.

I could understand the summer approach to a large degree despite being do ill prepared for the first game.

However, the big question now is what is the future plan.

I'm not one for demanding statements but there's a huge question mark over our short term future and planning.

Big turnaround in players, a manager that many no longer believe in, and worst of all, apathy creeping into the fanbase.

We all want to see our team win but without new investment, where's the appetite for promotion again.

If nothing notable is forthcoming, then season ticket sales could be interesting.

The owner is overseeing the worst season in our history as it stands (relative to the league we're in obviously) but is completely absent.

I think we're at the stage where fans can justifiably ask what his plans are in various scenarios.

Not sure what a fans forum will achieve really. It’ll just create animosity.

We know from last time going into the richest league in the game brings a huge payday, that payday gets wiped out very quickly with a few signings and wages.

Losing Ndiaye and Berge wasn’t great but it was down to protect the potential losses. Berge was and has been replaced, but Ndiaye and Tommy Doyle haven’t been.

Arguably we might have got closer to 3rd bottom but we wouldn’t have stayed up.

We needed defenders and we’ve also lost the ones we had to make us so vulnerable at the back

Injuries have hurt us more than player sales though. Having Archer and Diaz available v Wolves would’ve given more options. Brewster out again last night.

People ask for accoutability but we don’t have the money to splash on big signings as it’s such a risk for the next season when we’re relegated back to the Championship

It’s almost like we have to accept we won’t have a big enough squad to compete so we just go up and get hammered to then come back down and have a decent season again

Leeds and Leicester kept a lot of their sides together so it’ll be interesting to see how they cope next year if they do or don’t go up…

The game is set up now to favour the mega rich sides - big squads of quality from 1-25. The ability to change out 5 players of equal ability and talent. The ability to last the extra 10 mins per half by changing 5 players out and have players rotated and recovered for next game 3 days later

We can’t cope with this. We don’t have the cover in the depth of our squad. It’s actually worrying for the game. Newcastle’s season has been hit hard by injury and champions league games. They’re struggling to make the step up just as are

Best we can hope for is the Prince decides to go on SU Way again and talk more of his nonsense about how it's a good thing that we have all these players in the last year of the contract as the try harder.

Couldn't give a shit what the guy thinks anymore. He's ruined his legacy with this season where he's overseen a total embarrassment from start to finish. The sooner he clears off the better, just got to hope he doesn't try and sell us to a charlatan, again.

I can see how it's win win for all concerned if he is kind enough to give Sheff Utd way another interview. YorkBlade and Ingood Nick will give him a nice easy line of questioning, and in return they'll get the advertising revenue, be able to put parts of it behind the patreon, and maybe even get a nice corporate freebie out of it too.

I’m surprised no fans entered the pitch last night. In light of no Sharp and them seemingly not responding to Wilder, the next best thing is a rocket from a fan.

I didn't expect that for a second, but I truly felt it. If they were willing to suffer a historic humiliation on our own patch with the world watching, fans on the pitch is the kind of thing that should happen

I'm also all for the kind of protest FMBlade mentions. It would be nice to see some evidence that the fans still care, in the absence of any kind of appearance from that slob of an owner

Not sure what a fans forum will achieve really. It’ll just create animosity.

We know from last time going into the richest league in the game brings a huge payday, that payday gets wiped out very quickly with a few signings and wages.

Losing Ndiaye and Berge wasn’t great but it was down to protect the potential losses. Berge was and has been replaced, but Ndiaye and Tommy Doyle haven’t been.

Arguably we might have got closer to 3rd bottom but we wouldn’t have stayed up.

We needed defenders and we’ve also lost the ones we had to make us so vulnerable at the back

Injuries have hurt us more than player sales though. Having Archer and Diaz available v Wolves would’ve given more options. Brewster out again last night.

People ask for accoutability but we don’t have the money to splash on big signings as it’s such a risk for the next season when we’re relegated back to the Championship

It’s almost like we have to accept we won’t have a big enough squad to compete so we just go up and get hammered to then come back down and have a decent season again

Leeds and Leicester kept a lot of their sides together so it’ll be interesting to see how they cope next year if they do or don’t go up…

The game is set up now to favour the mega rich sides - big squads of quality from 1-25. The ability to change out 5 players of equal ability and talent. The ability to last the extra 10 mins per half by changing 5 players out and have players rotated and recovered for next game 3 days later

We can’t cope with this. We don’t have the cover in the depth of our squad. It’s actually worrying for the game. Newcastle’s season has been hit hard by injury and champions league games. They’re struggling to make the step up just as are

Animosity is EXACTLY what they need to feel. They've had the easiest ride ever so far.

The Prince refuses to be interviewed by professional journalists because he knows they will give him a tough time.

Why are people only just waking up to the idea that the man is a total fucking charlatan? He knows his bullshit will get exposed if it's put under any kind of scrutiny, so he just avoids it completely.

At no point has this person ever been fit to run a football club. I don't know why it has taken a season like this for people to realise. Last season was every bit as chaotic - it's just that we managed to cover it up with some decent results on the pitch.

This season has been a debacle, an embarrassment, from preseason until now. We, and the squad, are being embarrassed on a global scale.

Every aspect of this season has been inexcusable. From recruitment, to sale of key players, to the timing of those sales, to the impacts for the start of the season, to that patched up side on the opening day, to the Prince's accountant mate seemingly being the informal informant for the fans via Twitter. Yes, really. None of that suggests premier league club.

As a result, the squad have been playing catch-up - trying to find system, trying to gel (after a change of the longstanding old guard), but without adequate time for preparation, and in the hardest league in the world. Many have been trying to play on this division for this first time. We've lacked a system, lacked athletes, lacked leaders. Unsurprisingly, we've looked out of our depth and unable to compete, and it only takes a few instances of being outclassed and having your arses handed to you, for heads to drop.

We've been unable to compete, and we've lacked the quality and depth of squad to do so.

The communication wasn't good enough.
The planning wasn't good enough.
The recruitment wasn't good enough.
Now, we aren't good enough.

Others may be culpable along the way, in poor choices of tactics or poor decision making on the pitch, but this isn't the sole cause. The manager and squad can only do so much with the tools they have. We have to be nigh on perfect each game, just to stand a sniff of a chance. No manager changes this, we've evidenced that.

So now, we deserve answers, explanations, commitments for the future of our club. We need to hear what the plans are, we need some vision for next summer, to prevent free fall. Most of all, we need accountability from the hierarchy of the club for this shit show of a season. As Revolution said on another thread, there's been no accountability whatsoever. It isn't good enough.

Blades 0-6 Arsenal
Blades 0-5 Brighton
Blades 0-5 Villa
Blades 2-5 Brighton
Burnley 5-0 Blades
Arsenal 5-0 Blades
Blades 0-8 Newcastle

Any ONE of those results could've warranted a refund for fans of any other club, if a standalone result in a season. It's utterly horrific, embarrassing, infuriating and saddening.

Realistically, we didn't expect to spend the earth, or to even stay up, but we do expect to show some pride, togetherness and the ability compete. Most of all, we expect the club to be run better.

I'd like to request a fans forum, hosted by the club, in person, with questions from the fans and IN Sheffield, with the powers that be present. It's the very least they owe us.

Up the chuffing Blades.
We blotted our copy book a somewhat with those 2 FA Cup goals against Brighton…What were we thinking?

The Prince refuses to be interviewed by professional journalists because he knows they will give him a tough time.

Why are people only just waking up to the idea that the man is a total fucking charlatan? He knows his bullshit will get exposed if it's put under any kind of scrutiny, so he just avoids it completely.

At no point has this person ever been fit to run a football club. I don't know why it has taken a season like this for people to realise. Last season was every bit as chaotic - it's just that we managed to cover it up with some decent results on the pitch.
Been saying this for months. He.s a Poundland businessman with no idea how to run a Premier Club. Piss Off Prince.

Any ONE of those results could've warranted a refund for fans of any other club,

If you go to the cinema and leave thinking the film was abysmal, do you get a refund ?

Will Liverpool give us a refund on Brewster because he has not lived up to our expectations ?

Animosity is EXACTLY what they need to feel. They've had the easiest ride ever so far.
I wouldn’t say the prince has had an easy ride at all. Perhaps having wilder in last time and seeing him take us from league one to the prem without spending huge amounts, in relative terms to get us there. The problems have developed since that first season in the premier league.

Trying to spend to stay up with players not wanting to join a club not able to pay huge wages.

Having to try and balance the books in the championship and get back up.

Not being able to offer contracts big enough to keep the best players from leaving.

Do you think we’ve had an easier ride than Brentford, Burnley, Luton or Forest?

I’d say the only one of those that’s had it tougher is Luton

If you go to the cinema and leave thinking the film was abysmal, do you get a refund ?

Will Liverpool give us a refund on Brewster because he has not lived up to our expectations ?
You'd get one if you got a sandwich like your avatar.

I can see how it's win win for all concerned if he is kind enough to give Sheff Utd way another interview. YorkBlade and Ingood Nick will give him a nice easy line of questioning, and in return they'll get the advertising revenue, be able to put parts of it behind the patreon, and maybe even get a nice corporate freebie out of it too.
Did you catch the lads Eiffel Towering your missus?

I wouldn’t say the prince has had an easy ride at all. Perhaps having wilder in last time and seeing him take us from league one to the prem without spending huge amounts, in relative terms to get us there. The problems have developed since that first season in the premier league.

Trying to spend to stay up with players not wanting to join a club not able to pay huge wages.

Having to try and balance the books in the championship and get back up.

Not being able to offer contracts big enough to keep the best players from leaving.

Do you think we’ve had an easier ride than Brentford, Burnley, Luton or Forest?

I’d say the only one of those that’s had it tougher is Luton

I'm referring to an easy ride from the fans whilst the club serves up total dross. We were conned to pay for our season tickets, when all along they had ZERO intent of trying to compete this season.

We asked, they listened! Kinda.

SNEKKIN' ALL OVER THE WORLD.

I'm referring to an easy ride from the fans whilst the club serves up total dross. We were conned to pay for our season tickets, when all along they had ZERO intent of trying to compete this season.
You should do something about it………

Back
Top Bottom