Scouts Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Isiah

Reaction score
Not at all ITK but heard from a very good source that United have sacked their scouting network of seven nationwide and that Harry Bassett is taking all scouting upon himself.
Anybody heard anything?

Gives you a slightly queasy feeling similar to when you hear the words ''...they have decided to defend themselves in court...''.

Still, saves a few bob :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cant see that being correct, kinda goes against all the work the club is trying to do with pembo's lads.

hogwash me thinks.

Could be DP8789, but the guy telling the tale has absolutely no axe to grind and used to travel the country with one of the now ex scouts.

I know that scouts don't do the signing - who knows, they may have a wishlist that could qualify for Europe - but our last 12 months of new players in the first XI hardly smacks of effective use of a scouting network does it?

If it is stripping Pembo of the structure that has helped him build a Youth Cup semi-final side, then it is short-termist. But at any level above the academy we've been sadly starved of rough diamonds who have turned out to be a Deane, Agana, Bryson, Rees - or even a Brown, Geary or Kenny. All of our signings in the last two years have been 'could do a job' types - with the possible exception of Andy Taylor and Jamie Ward, one of whom has done a mardy and the other didn't pull up any trees.

I refuse to believe this story until Bladesway breaks it.

Could be DP8789, but the guy telling the tale has absolutely no axe to grind and used to travel the country with one of the now ex scouts.

Then he clearly could have an axe to grind.....

Not sure of your logic there Torrix? Are you saying he could be bull s******g because he no longer gets to travel the country? Surely that tends to support his story. Not saying he isn't, just wondered if anyone else had heard anything in support.

Back
Top Bottom