Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well the prince gave Hecky £3/£5m to spend on Anel (plus loans from prem clubs which can't have been cheap) without selling anyone, so I see no reason why the manager wouldn't get some of the sale to reinvest. Yes some debt will need to be paid off, but I think a lot of us are still mentally scarred from the McCabe years when the prince has consistently shown he's not the same

Yeah Liverpool are lining up a bid for a Jan move.

Definite?

I'd love the lad to stay here, and help see us over the line, but if selling him means we can bring in say, two good players (strong, fast, robust, etc.), who will make it to the end of the season without the dreaded "Blades injury" curse, then I can see why we would at least look into it.

Hes always like that after a lay off
Correct, he is and he will come good again.

We need to keep him until the summer and then the scousers can have him for £25m

Or... I'd straight swap him for Mcatee and Doyle instead if man city want him 😋

If Liverpool and Chelsea come in for him then it may create an issue from the player side, that's the fear.

Having a bit of interest and floating the idea of a possible loan (seriously Chelsea?) were hardly situations the club could be forced into accepting.

Certainly the resurgence of McAtee as a number 10 or as a right sided player in 3-4-3 who can cut inside has added perhaps an additional consideration to this. We also gave Burnley an absolute schalacking and Berge wasn't available that day.

It will come down to money. If they offer his reported 35m release clause then we will have no say. This might arguably be the best outcome given time left on his deal. It then forces you to move and and you move onto a replacement who will have a long time left, removing one further hurdle for the summer. Into the last 18 months unless we have a further option on him and he could just hold out and walk for nothing a year later.

Guarantee Liverpool will come in with a 20m opening bid if they do show interest. That would be straight in the bin. Despite 2 injury issues that have caused absences, he's seldom out with niggles and they are not issues with long term damage. I.e. the old 'he's not the player he was before the injury' isn't a topic on people's lips. Not like say if ever O'Connell made it back to the grass. The thought that after 3 years acclimatising to England and he's now worth less than we paid for him would be an absolute insult.

If he does end up moving then you have to be pushing for his release clause being met especially as days tick on in the window and especially with two of England's biggest and in Chelsea's case, richest clubs being the ones in the mix.

You wouldn't replace his attributes but then again at 6'5", he's awkward to play against but I wouldn't say he bullies players and physically dominates in the same way as Yaya Toure. Even the way he injured his knee, that opposition guy would have been in a heap on the floor having been shrugged off, if he'd got that physicality to his game.

I'm not even sure what type we'd go for. At present you can play a 3-4-3 and have a McAtee or Khadra cutting in from the right as McAtee second half vs Cardiff or as a 10. You've also got Doyle to come back in. Doyle is a decent crosser and passer. He's also another option on the right if needed, either the right of a middle three with Norwood and Fleck/Osborn or the right of a front three. I'm not convinced Kone is quite the answer. Who knows it may be the month for Coulibaly to impress in the FA Cup if he's back fit and solve the problem for us. Maybe we try fkr a more offensive player like the striker at Villa?

Whatever we do, no giveaways and I'd certainly be happy to just retain the status quo, as be still does fell like a bit of an ace in certain games, even if this isn't as consistent as we'd like.

Last edited:
Some bollox in a French paper. No idea what it says as I don't speak Frog, something about Sander, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Some bollox in a French paper. No idea what it says as I don't speak Frog, something about Sander, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Transferred in January 2020 from KRC Genk to Sheffield United for 23 million euros, Sander Berge thought he could take a step forward by joining the Premier League. But nothing went as planned for the Norwegian midfielder. Indeed, the Blades were relegated at the end of the season, and failed to find the elite of English football.

Second in the Championship on the evening of the 21st day of the championship, Sheffield is in the race to return to the Premier League next season. But will this second part of the championship be done with Sander Berge?

Eager to leave the Blades, the 24-year-old Norwegian midfielder is of interest to several Premier League teams, including Liverpool and Chelsea. Indeed, the two English cadors have been attentive to the situation of Sander Berge for several months, and could go on the offensive from the January transfer window.

The Reds to anticipate the departures of Naby Keita (end of contract) and Arthur Melo (on loan from Juventus and who will not be retained). The Blues to anticipate the departures of N'Golo Kanté and Jorginho whose contracts will expire next June, but also of Denis Zakaria who is on loan from Juve and who will not be retained.

Under contract until 2024 at Sheffield United, Sander Berge is estimated at 16 million euros by the Transfermarkt site, and should not be sold for much more. 20M€?

Transferred in January 2020 from KRC Genk to Sheffield United for 23 million euros, Sander Berge thought he could take a step forward by joining the Premier League. But nothing went as planned for the Norwegian midfielder. Indeed, the Blades were relegated at the end of the season, and failed to find the elite of English football.

Second in the Championship on the evening of the 21st day of the championship, Sheffield is in the race to return to the Premier League next season. But will this second part of the championship be done with Sander Berge?

Eager to leave the Blades, the 24-year-old Norwegian midfielder is of interest to several Premier League teams, including Liverpool and Chelsea. Indeed, the two English cadors have been attentive to the situation of Sander Berge for several months, and could go on the offensive from the January transfer window.

The Reds to anticipate the departures of Naby Keita (end of contract) and Arthur Melo (on loan from Juventus and who will not be retained). The Blues to anticipate the departures of N'Golo Kanté and Jorginho whose contracts will expire next June, but also of Denis Zakaria who is on loan from Juve and who will not be retained.

Under contract until 2024 at Sheffield United, Sander Berge is estimated at 16 million euros by the Transfermarkt site, and should not be sold for much more. 20M€?
For those that don’t feel
Berge is even worth the purchase price we lavished, let’s also look at Keita. Liverpool splashed out willingly 38m on him. He’s managed 11 goals and 7 assists. So if that’s the bar, then thinking we should get 16m Euros is taking the piss.

Bit of walking back from Fabrizio Romano.

A smacks a bit of agent trying to flush out interest. Make up bollocks rumour. Then suggest bollocks rumour is no longer the case.

Maybe it was never the case.

Maybe it's all on the back of Klopp saying "you're an interest player" once. Years back.

Back
Top Bottom