Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As a general point - I can't believe how many of our fans are so keen to sell a player whilst we are in such a good league position. Like him or not, he can produce passages of play which only Ndiaye or (at a push) Bogle are capable of. Perhaps if people could name a suitable replacement that would not cost more that the fee received for Berge, it would add weight to the idea of selling.

I do not want to sell anyone, but of those that would generate a significant income he is the only one i would choose to leave.
as for a replacement mcatee is more than capable of creating and at a push we could move Bogle forward.
at some stage we have to balance the books

I do not want to sell anyone, but of those that would generate a significant income he is the only one i would choose to leave.
as for a replacement mcatee is more than capable of creating and at a push we could move Bogle forward.
at some stage we have to balance the books
Promotion would balance the books with immediate effect.

That Sheffield United News website is absolute bollocks, it's probably up there with Alan Biggs on the ITK scale. Don't know why it even gets read.
Yeah. Not sure how Blades saying Not for Sale is the first sign of someone leaving!

Need to keep him, the stats show he IS our third best player.

RankNameAssistsAGoalsGLPlayedPChances CreatedChances per 90Total PassesPasses CompletePasses IncompletePass Accuracy
1Iliman NdiayeNdiaye
8927240.8959248211081%
2Oliver NorwoodNorwood
5228541.931745138935680%
3Sander BergeBerge
3419170.8961749112680%

Need to keep him, the stats show he IS our third best player.

RankNameAssistsAGoalsGLPlayedPChances CreatedChances per 90Total PassesPasses CompletePasses IncompletePass Accuracy
1Iliman NdiayeNdiaye8927240.8959248211081%
2Oliver NorwoodNorwood5228541.931745138935680%
3Sander BergeBerge3419170.8961749112680%
So he should be for £25m

So he should be for £25m
I would agree if he was and we were in the Prem, but he isn't and we aren't. He needs to up his game in order for anyone to pay in excess of £15m

If we get promoted this year then we will get more for him.

As a general point - I can't believe how many of our fans are so keen to sell a player whilst we are in such a good league position. Like him or not, he can produce passages of play which only Ndiaye or (at a push) Bogle are capable of. Perhaps if people could name a suitable replacement that would not cost more that the fee received for Berge, it would add weight to the idea of se
As a general point - I can't believe how many of our fans are so keen to sell a player whilst we are in such a good league position. Like him or not, he can produce passages of play which only Ndiaye or (at a push) Bogle are capable of. Perhaps if people could name a suitable replacement that would not cost more that the fee received for Berge, it would add weight to the idea of selling.
I agree with your post however it doesn't matter how much we got for Berge or the replacements available, there wouldn't be any money available for a suitable replacement. As Hecky has intimated keep all we've got as a bare minimum until the end of the season.

Agree with our

As a long time critic* of Berge, I'd still be disappointed if he was sold. Unless cashflow is desperate, our best chance of repairing the finances is by keeping the squad together, and this season Berge has contributed more than in previous seasons.

*I've always recognized his qualities, it's just that they're nowhere near the levels some seem to still hold him, or the value we paid for him.

Just spoken to a Palace fan who said they are really interested in Berge. Haven't seen that anywhere (not that I've been looking).
And where did he get that information from? Two of the biggest bullshitters I’ve worked with are Palace fans (one of them claimed to have an OBE, did the London marathon without training and was the uncle of the Palace owner, all complete fabrications. And he was the boss).

And where did he get that information from? Two of the biggest bullshitters I’ve worked with are Palace fans (one of them claimed to have an OBE, did the London marathon without training and was the uncle of the Palace owner, all complete fabrications. And he was the boss).
It seemed a genuine rumour from that part of the world. Certainly not done in a way to get a rise (we all know those kind of fans). He's not that kind of person. Though I will have to check if he claims to hold any titles ;)

It seemed a genuine rumour from that part of the world. Certainly not done in a way to get a rise (we all know those kind of fans). He's not that kind of person. Though I will have to check if he claims to hold any titles ;)
I suspect in 2023 if there were genuine rumours, they’d be buzzing around social media and picked up by local journalists.

If we were allowed to reinvest any half decent fee properly then we should be stronger for sure

Just spoken to a Palace fan who said they are really interested in Berge. Haven't seen that anywhere (not that I've been looking).
Is this a Palace fan who is ITK, or a Palace fan who just spends a lot of time reading clickbait-y transfer gossip articles?

I would agree if he was and we were in the Prem, but he isn't and we aren't. He needs to up his game in order for anyone to pay in excess of £15m

If we get promoted this year then we will get more for him.
Sorry, I meant he should be performing at one of best players when we paid £25m. Agree with you we'll struggle to get close to that figure back

he won't fetch £35mil at any point in his career.
Depends who he plays for, if he played three games for Liverpool or Man City and gets an average rating in each game they would get £35 million for him.

If he plays a full season in the Premier League for us, scores 10 goals and gets 20 assists our fans will still want to snatch someones hand off at £20 million

Back
Top Bottom