Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“He was on Liverpool’s list two years ago, now it’s gone quiet and priorities are different. I think he’s very good player but needs to be more consistent to get a top move.”

I hope he goes for a decent amount of money. Get as much money as we can get for him and move him on. He's a good player but a luxury player who is on a massive wage by our standards, injury prone, doesn't always look motivated and I think, clearly wants to move on. I like the lad but I hope we sell him for good money in January.

He's been here for 3 years now, not ripped it up, and it gets tiresome every transfer window re will be go or will he stay. Time to move on Sander and thanks for the efforts (when fit).

If Liverpool and Chelsea come in for him then it may create an issue from the player side, that's the fear.

Having a bit of interest and floating the idea of a possible loan (seriously Chelsea?) were hardly situations the club could be forced into accepting.

Certainly the resurgence of McAtee as a number 10 or as a right sided player in 3-4-3 who can cut inside has added perhaps an additional consideration to this. We also gave Burnley an absolute schalacking and Berge wasn't available that day.

It will come down to money. If they offer his reported 35m release clause then we will have no say. This might arguably be the best outcome given time left on his deal. It then forces you to move and and you move onto a replacement who will have a long time left, removing one further hurdle for the summer. Into the last 18 months unless we have a further option on him and he could just hold out and walk for nothing a year later.

Guarantee Liverpool will come in with a 20m opening bid if they do show interest. That would be straight in the bin. Despite 2 injury issues that have caused absences, he's seldom out with niggles and they are not issues with long term damage. I.e. the old 'he's not the player he was before the injury' isn't a topic on people's lips. Not like say if ever O'Connell made it back to the grass. The thought that after 3 years acclimatising to England and he's now worth less than we paid for him would be an absolute insult.

If he does end up moving then you have to be pushing for his release clause being met especially as days tick on in the window and especially with two of England's biggest and in Chelsea's case, richest clubs being the ones in the mix.

You wouldn't replace his attributes but then again at 6'5", he's awkward to play against but I wouldn't say he bullies players and physically dominates in the same way as Yaya Toure. Even the way he injured his knee, that opposition guy would have been in a heap on the floor having been shrugged off, if he'd got that physicality to his game.

I'm not even sure what type we'd go for. At present you can play a 3-4-3 and have a McAtee or Khadra cutting in from the right as McAtee second half vs Cardiff or as a 10. You've also got Doyle to come back in. Doyle is a decent crosser and passer. He's also another option on the right if needed, either the right of a middle three with Norwood and Fleck/Osborn or the right of a front three. I'm not convinced Kone is quite the answer. Who knows it may be the month for Coulibaly to impress in the FA Cup if he's back fit and solve the problem for us. Maybe we try fkr a more offensive player like the striker at Villa?

Whatever we do, no giveaways and I'd certainly be happy to just retain the status quo, as be still does fell like a bit of an ace in certain games, even if this isn't as consistent as we'd like.
😂😂 Liverpool will not come straight in with a 20 million bid more like 8/10 million at best

I don’t think anyone will ever offer anywhere near the sort of money we paid for him. He’s very inconsistent and often looks disinterested, there’s no doubt that there is a quality player in there, but I think he’s only shown that side a handful of times in 3 years.

The fact is, if he wants a move to the Premier league and Champions league football and we want our investment back, he should be the standout player in the Championship every week. He isn’t and consequently, I suspect that ultimately, we’re both going to be disappointed

He's 24 now, 25 in February.

Sander... Help get us promoted and extend your contract with a lower release clause (e.g. £18m).
Help us stay in the Prem with consistent performances.
Sign for your pick of the bidders at £18m (age 26).

😘

Other than Brugge who will receive a windfall from progressing from the Champ League Group Stage and are a known admirer, who is realistically going to offer Utd anywhere near what they're demanding for Burge. Again, his season has been disrupted by injury.

I think he'll stay until the summer and then leave on a cheaper deal.

unless we get 2 unbelievable bids in for them berge and nidaye should be told their staying put till the summer at least when we could be back in the premier league if we dont go up they can leave for the right offer

Sander Berge is Rolls Royce for the Blades, but he aint top six PL Rolls Royce.

Will have to be a PL team due to £, so agree with Leeds/Villa maybe Everton

IF we sell Sander, it’ll be to a West Ham / Everton / Southampton type premier league club, providing they come up with the cash that the Prince wants.

If they don’t, he doesn’t go. Simple really.

I think if he goes anywhere it will be abroad. The top half of the Prem won't want him, and as for the other half I don't think he'd want them, what with the risk of being relegated. Again.

IF we sell Sander, it’ll be to a West Ham / Everton / Southampton type premier league club, providing they come up with the cash that the Prince wants.

If they don’t, he doesn’t go. Simple really.
Genuinely can't see Southampton spending that sort of cash on anyone in January. They want people with a record to help them stop up and Sander's injury record will be too much of a risk.

Genuinely can't see Southampton spending that sort of cash on anyone in January. They want people with a record to help them stop up and Sander's injury record will be too much of a risk.
Did you see who they bought pre-season and the type of money they spent?

Just spoken to a Palace fan who said they are really interested in Berge. Haven't seen that anywhere (not that I've been looking).

If we get a decent fee, he is the only high profile player that I would not be bothered if he left.
£15 with addons will do nicely.

I agree, would let Berge go as he's not consistent enough.

Players that we cannot let go are:

Ndiaye
Anel
Bogle
Egan
Lowe
Norwood
McB

Mcatee and Doyle are here for the season anyway.

Anyone else are up for sale IMO

£15 with addons will do nicely.

I agree, would let Berge go as he's not consistent enough.

Players that we cannot let go are:

Ndiaye
Anel
Bogle
Egan
Lowe
Norwood
McB

Mcatee and Doyle are here for the season anyway.

Anyone else are up for sale IMO
I'd be wanting a bit more than £15 no matter how inconsistent he is.

Back
Top Bottom