Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd be inclined to let him go. There's a player there, we've all seen it. Trouble is he only turns up now and again.

I'd rather we gambled unless his release clause is met. Let his value deteriorate £5-6m and sell in the Summer if we fall short. If we don't, it'll all have been worth it as he will have played a key part.

I'd rather we gambled unless his release clause is met. Let his value deteriorate £5-6m and sell in the Summer if we fall short. If we don't, it'll all have been worth it as he will have played a key part.
I was very much in this camp until Stoke, now iv got a fear that he will pick up another long injury 😬 not like a Blade to be pessimistic is it? Id love him to fulfill his obvious potential though, preferably with us.

keep until the end of the season if we’re in touching distance of top 2, if not sell of above 20m.

if we go up then we’ll still get at least £20m

Like any transfer window.

@AC Milan, show us the colour of your money.

If we're looking at low-ball 12-25m bids then don't go shopping at Waitrose with your Safeways budget!

I was very much in this camp until Stoke, now iv got a fear that he will pick up another long injury 😬 not like a Blade to be pessimistic is it? Id love him to fulfill his obvious potential though, preferably with us.
It's not a bad point to raise. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is his 3rd significant injury in the last 3 seasons?

AC Milans top targets are Sander and Bereton Diaz fuck me how the might have fallen off a cliff and then some

To an extent; but also the quality of the players in the league have improved.

Think back to the 2005/6 season and the top players in the league were Jagielka and Sidwell. Marlon King was top scorer…
Now there’s multiple international players like Sarr, Brereton-Diaz and Berge

Think back to the 2005/6 season and the top players in the league were Jagielka and Sidwell. Marlon King was top scorer…
I will go out on a limb and say Diaz turns out to be a one season wonder mainly down to all the smoke blown up his arse last season and because he played in an awful Chilli side

In 05/06 AC Milan's squad included: Dida, Cafu, Stam, Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta, Pirlo, Kaka, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Vieri, Inzaghi, Shevchenko...
Absolutely astonishing.
They would not have been interested in Berge, Brereton-Diaz or Sarr.
In fact, they won the Champions League a year later.

Also, on your comparison of then vs now...
Jagielka went on to have an excellent career at PL level and represented England.
Steve Sidwell got a big move to Chelsea and contributed in a dominant Mourinho side.
Marlon King... ok, I'll give you that one. But at his peak (ignoring the other bits) I'd have had him over Brereton-Diaz.

I don't think the three you mention are on some sort of different level to the others.

Not so long ago I'd agree we should hold out for the highest fee we possibly can for Berge, but so far this season my opinion has changed on this as he's again proved OK but nothing nowhere near special enough to command anywhere between a £25-£35 million transfer fee. If he truly was worth that amount then he would be a standout in this division pretty much week in week out, the star of the team and possibly the division, dictating games etc but he just isn't. Also I think he's had one major injury every season he's been here that's kept him out for quite big chunks of a season or so.

How much longer should we have to wait for him to become really good when he should be by now? For me he has adapted somewhat to the English game compared to when he first arrived nearly 3 years ago but it still doesn't look enough. Don't get me wrong I'd still rather keep him as we'd stand a slightly better chance of gaining promotion, but unless we do achieve that and he then signs a new deal with us, whenever we come to selling him I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's near to his release clause.

In 05/06 AC Milan's squad included: Dida, Cafu, Stam, Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta, Pirlo, Kaka, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Vieri, Inzaghi, Shevchenko...
Absolutely astonishing.
They would not have been interested in Berge, Brereton-Diaz or Sarr.
In fact, they won the Champions League a year later.

Also, on your comparison of then vs now...
Jagielka went on to have an excellent career at PL level and represented England.
Steve Sidwell got a big move to Chelsea and contributed in a dominant Mourinho side.
Marlon King... ok, I'll give you that one. But at his peak (ignoring the other bits) I'd have had him over Brereton-Diaz.

I don't think the three you mention are on some sort of different level to the others.

That team was sexy af

1293758_AC_Milan.jpg

I got absolutely slaughtered on one of those footy Facebook pages for saying I thought kaka was the most overrated player ever

I saw him play regularly from being a promising teenager and he just never did anything
Never did anything?! I only saw him play a relatively small number of times (on TV)... Looked fantastic, would glide past players and do lovely things with the ball.

Not sure he ever did anything after leaving Milan.

Just opinions and rest assured there are other high profile players that I don't rate!

I got absolutely slaughtered on one of those footy Facebook pages for saying I thought kaka was the most overrated player ever

I saw him play regularly from being a promising teenager and he just never did anything

His assist in the CL final against Liverpool remains one of the greatest through balls I've ever seen.

His assist in the CL final against Liverpool remains one of the greatest through balls I've ever seen.
Yeah true he did show glimpses of real quality but he was voted world player of the year and won a balon dor for basically wearing the Brazil number 10 shirt

Never did anything?! I only saw him play a relatively small number of times (on TV)... Looked fantastic, would glide past players and do lovely things with the ball.

Not sure he ever did anything after leaving Milan.

Just opinions and rest assured there are other high profile players that I don't rate!
Maybe its just me then
He was brilliant on pro evo

Wonder if Club Brugge will come back with an improved bid? They'll have earned some millions reaching the knock out stage of the Champions League.

I can see why they might.
They're 6 points behind FC Genk for CL qualification next season and 8 behind leaders Royal Antwerp.

It sounded like there was still considerable difference in valuations though.

I can see why they might.
They're 6 points behind FC Genk for CL qualification next season and 8 behind leaders Royal Antwerp.

It sounded like there was still considerable difference in valuations though.
They have that stupid playoff shite at the end of the season though.

RU Saint Gilloise came top of the league comfortably, but finished behind Brugge in the playoff.

Back
Top Bottom