Ryan Woods

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thought Coutts was awful first half
Struggled when being closed down quick and gave the ball away sloppily much like the other night
I was genuinely worried this was going to be the story of the rest of our season
But like all good players he adapted and shone through second half like a beacon of skittles

I signed him on FIFA17 and he was fucking ace. Bit injury prone, but ace.

So ... there you go Wilder. Get him signed.

pommpey

Just watched the Brentford Leeds game which just confirmed my opinion that Woods would fit perfectly into our midfield, either as a replacement for Fleck or Coutts or alongside them. Go get him Tinchy UTB
He’s class. Funnily enough at the match today me and my mate were saying we thought he ticked just about every box.

Just watched the Brentford Leeds game which just confirmed my opinion that Woods would fit perfectly into our midfield, either as a replacement for Fleck or Coutts or alongside them. Go get him Tinchy UTB

Sumptuous goal today.

Thought exactly the same earlier. Doubt we could prize him away from them though, they'd be mad to sell him considering the other talent they have already let go this season.

No chance could we afford him unless we go up, absolutely outstanding player probably in the top 3 in the league.

Add Aden Flint "if" we were to go up, could be the new Matt Elliott with the amount of goals he's scoring.

I remember seeing Aden Flint in his days at Alfreton and he was a very good young (probably 19/20 at the time) player who could play football and do the horrible stuff as well. Danny Wilson signed him for Swindon I think and he's impressed me every time I see him.

He'd be a great signing and he's a local lad so I think he'd welcome a move back to the area.

We can't afford him.
According to Brentford supporters they are a "selling club" as they don't get big crowds. They certainly sold some good players at the start of the season e.g. Jota ( or however you spell it). The transfer fee might be high but not rediculous and I doubt he is on massive wages so would fit into our wage structure which is very important. He came from Shrewsbury so the best thing would be to find the next Ryan Woods in L1 or 2! Leonard or may be our own Whiteman? We definitely need to have cover in midfield IMHO so some incoming in JTW.

Well he's £1.35 m on 'transfer market' so we should sign him. We should sign Clarke from Sheff Utd too, scored 4 yesterday and he's only £360k.

According to Brentford supporters they are a "selling club" as they don't get big crowds. They certainly sold some good players at the start of the season e.g. Jota ( or however you spell it). The transfer fee might be high but not rediculous and I doubt he is on massive wages so would fit into our wage structure which is very important. He came from Shrewsbury so the best thing would be to find the next Ryan Woods in L1 or 2! Leonard or may be our own Whiteman? We definitely need to have cover in midfield IMHO so some incoming in JTW.

Woods wouldn’t come to be cover and would cost between £5m-£10m. He’s recognised as one of the best midfielders in the division and there will be Premier League interest in January and the summer.

I’d have another look at Leonard in the JTW /summer.

Woods wouldn’t come to be cover and would cost between £5m-£10m. He’s recognised as one of the best midfielders in the division and there will be Premier League interest in January and the summer.

I’d have another look at Leonard in the JTW /summer.
Are you trying to tell me, that Leonard isn’t here already?

I got told that Rug Ron had already caved in and that he went back and took one of our first offers?

I must’ve had a dream about it! :)

Unfortunately, you're in dream land there mate.

Firstly, you're right that Brentford are a "selling club", but the market for their players are premier league clubs and the wealthiest championship clubs - we're neither yet.

Secondly, you say the fees aren't "rediculous" - this season Jota went for £6m and last year they sold Hogan for £10m. Based on our incomings to date, that's obviously out of our budget.

Finally, on to his wages, and this is where I think you're furthest from reality.
He signed a contract extension while in the championship, with an established championship club - it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume he's on championship wages. We wouldn't just have to match that: he's not going to uproot and move from (desirable) London to the (much misunderstood) Sheffield without a considerable wage hike.
Assuming that our players are on upper L1 and lower Champ wages, he would likely be our highest paid player (probably by some margin) and I'm certain that wouldn't be a good move for team spirit.

Firstly, you're right that Brentford are a "selling club", but the market for their players are premier league clubs and the wealthiest championship clubs - we're neither yet.

Secondly, you say the fees aren't "rediculous" - this season Jota went for £6m and last year they sold Hogan for £10m. Based on our incomings to date, that's obviously out of our budget.

Finally, on to his wages, and this is where I think you're furthest from reality.
He signed a contract extension while in the championship, with an established championship club - it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume he's on championship wages. We wouldn't just have to match that: he's not going to uproot and move from (desirable) London to the (much misunderstood) Sheffield without a considerable wage hike.
Assuming that our players are on upper L1 and lower Champ wages, he would likely be our highest paid player (probably by some margin) and I'm certain that wouldn't be a good move for team spirit.

Nailed it

Nailed it

200w.gif

Ryan Woods is one of the infuriating examples of our poor recruitment before Wilder arrived.

There was no reason at all we shouldn't have been snapping up players like him from Shrewsbury.

Agree with him as a target but as a replacement for Duffy not Coutts or Fleck.

Brilliant as Dufy is he's getting on and we need a replacement and Brooke's, Caruthers or Ludstrum do not come neat filling his shoes. Woods would be ideal. Would even let Brooke's go for +£15m if it funded him as our need is now.

Agree with him as a target but as a replacement for Duffy not Coutts or Fleck.

Brilliant as Dufy is he's getting on and we need a replacement and Brooke's, Caruthers or Ludstrum do not come neat filling his shoes. Woods would be ideal. Would even let Brooke's go for +£15m if it funded him as our need is now.

“Ryan? It’s Chris Wilder, Sheff United......yep, simply loveleh thanks, how are you pal......yep......look Ryan, do you fancy coming to Bramall Lane to sit on the bench?...[phone goes dead] ................hello?............”

That's one of the most illogical comments I've ever seen on here. I don't know where to start. But I'll try:

Woods doesn't play in Duffy's position.

We don't urgently need to replace Duffy. Our need obviously isn't now. He's in the form of his life. As are Coutts and Fleck who'd actually be the players whose positions Woods would challenge.

You'd sell Brooks to bring in a different but no doubt inferior (and more short term) player to replace a player who doesn't need replacing? Failing that, you'd sell Brooks to sign a player to be alternative cover for Duffy?

Brooks is both a current starter in other positions and a potential replacement for Duffy when he develops. But right now he doesn't need to be replacing Duffy! He'll need replacing at some point but by that point Brooks will have gained a lot more experience.

Can we kill this idea now that Wilder signs players for cover. anyone he signs is expected to compete for a starting place. I started Woods thread in the Rumour mill for a recommendation, I genuinely think he's a player we could sign, even if they ask £3m I think the board will go for it.

Fleck and Coutts are doing fantastic but there is only Lundstram competing for that position with them and whilst I don't see either becoming complacent whilst Wilder is here you never know, we all know how Coutts can be for example.If not Woods then someone else for sure in that position.

Nah then, Simon Ratcliffe CFO wants a word with you.

Back
Top Bottom