Robbie Savage...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is being linked in some circles with the blades this morning.

Think he's one of those players, who you hate when playing against you/for someone else, yet would love when playing for you.

Would love to have him playing

but everything in it and has quality aswell

A few points to ponder.
Would Blackeye Rovers let him go? Unlikely.
Can we afford his wages? Highly unlikely.
Would he want to play in the Fizzypopship? Don't think so.
I'd like to see him play for us, but I won't be holding my breath.

Id be surprised if we get him but its good to see we are looking at prem players to help us bounce back.

Yeah id like to see him at the lane too, good player.

• Admin
According to some sources, he's next down the list of targets after a behind the scenes pop at convincing Joey Barton to come.

Joey Barton at the lane.......MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

now were being stupid!!!

The Sun reckon that he'll turn down a pay rise with us to stay at Ewood Park.

Erm... as you said, SF ;)

Sky sports news going over the papers looks like he will snub us!

if we sgin savage forget buying his train ticket or driving him to bramall lane ill give him a piggy back.

Rumour (whether right or wrong) has it, he'll be signing for the Blades next week.

I think he'd be a brilliant signing.
He get's everyone on the oposition riled up but manageds for the most part to not get booked himself.
He has 100% passion for the game, not matter who he plays for.

hes like shearer, a player you hate to play against but would have in your team any day of the week.

He reminds me a bit of Stuart McCall actually.

he would definitely be a great signing. Don't get merong I hate the guy as an opposition player but I would love to have him in the centre of the park, he never stops!!

I think he'll go to Derby, although it was telling that in the NOTW yesterday he mentioned 'a relegation struggle or even a promotion push'...

When he played at the lane last year he totally won me over, played the game hard and fair, always got up after tackles on him, with a smile on his face. Fantastic player, if and I think its big if, if he came ,I would forgive Robson a lot.

Blackburn accept Derby Savage bid

Derby have agreed a fee with Blackburn for midfielder Robbie Savage, who is now expected to hold talks with the East Midlands club later on Tuesday.

Savage, 33, has been left out of Rovers' squad for the last three games and was the subject of a previous bid by Sunderland, which was rejected.

Derby boss Paul Jewell confirmed last Friday: "I'd like to have Robbie, and I've spoken to Blackburn."

Former Wales international Savage joined Rovers from Birmingham in 2005.

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes has said is in no rush to sell Savage and would be happy to keep him at Ewood Park.

"Robbie wants to play week-in, week-out and I can't guarantee that," said Hughes.

"If a situation arises that I feel will benefit us and Robbie is comfortable with that decision and wants to do it, we'll look at it. But no-one is forcing Robbie Savage out of the club. He knows that.

"It's well documented Sunderland have expressed an interest, although up to now they have not met our valuation of Robbie."

Derby are eight points adrift at the bottom of the Premier League table, but Jewell said he believed he could convince Savage to make the move.

"Robbie is a player I like, and I am interested in. I'd like to bring someone of his character to Derby," he said.

"When I came here, I did so not just for this season, but for the seasons beyond.

"That's what I'll be trying to sell because when you walk through the doors here you get the sense it's a really impressive football club, especially when you see 30,000 at Pride Park.

"They're not empty promises because the infrastructure is there and that's a start.

"I've players in mind that I want to bring in that will hopefully take the club to another level."

Looks like he is on his way to Derby.

Not so much a rumour but a thought I have had to my self. I posted on another forum asking a fellow Sheffield United fan what they would think if United were after Savage. I think he could be a good signing for United and give us some bite in midfield. Full post below..

Now I feel I might get shot down here but I am going to stick my neck on the line. How about Robbie Savage? He has played under Adams before and knows what he is about. When Adams was given the job Savage wrote a cracking report on him and why he would be a great manager for Sheffield United.

From the Mirror:

"A couple of words for the lads at Sheffield United. One, you've got a great manager in Micky Adams. Two, you're not going to know what's hit you.

I played for Micky at Leicester and Brighton, got on with him like a house on fire - well, apart from one little glove-throwing incident which I won't mention now! - and I loved his training sessions.

There will be no strolling five-a-sides for the Blades. Micky wants his players to keep the ball on the ground and play possession football, but most of all he likes them to be fit as fiddles. They will know they've been training every day.

One thing I really admire about Micky is the way he gets knocked down and then bounces back. Every time it's gone wrong for him he's come back stronger.

His main successes might have come at smaller clubs but there is no reason he cannot shine at a huge one like Sheffield United."

This proves to me he has great respect for Micky Adams. I believe his contract is out in the summer and I am sure it wouldnt take too much to lure him away from Pride Park. Savage is a player who will always give 100% just what the Kop likes about a player. I believe he could be a mature head in front of the back 4.

Right I am now ready to be shot down....

Taken from www.footytalk.co.uk

What does everyone think?

Savage's game has relied a lot on energy and non-stop running and harrying.

I don't know how old he is now, but I would think he's past his best.

If he can't run, then he becomes just another average player.

I think I read he's in talks with an MLS team about a move in the summer, Vancouver if I remember correctly.
Although I've always thought he's a good player, at his age we could probably do. To be fair our centre midfield looks pretty decent now with Britton, Williamson and others providing cover and any funds would be better spent strengthening other arease IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom