Robbie Savage...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's been offered big money to come here. Would be good for the Blades but I'd be happ to see him here too. He'd be much more of a force in this terrible league over here. Christ it's awful.

We are in desparate need of a leader on the pitch, with experience to bring the young lads through.
Some inspiration is an absolute must. Savage woulld be a good signing IMO given the state we are in.
Looked lost for most of the game on Saturday - giving the ball away cheaply (no change there then) and no width at all.
Savage won't solve the width issue but might help retain the ball better and get wide players into the game more frequesntly.

I have a very sneaky suspicion that Savage will be a United player very soon. I don't know why its just a feeling I have. Savage tweeted today saying it would be his last game for derby against Forest. MA came on the radio saying he hopes to have a new player in soon towards the start of the week and we need experience. I just feel that MA will be signing Savage.

Just seen him being substituted for Derby on BBC's Football Program. He looked unhappy and the commentator said it could be his last game as a Derby player. Does anyone else feel he will be coming to BDTBL

Though he was off to the MLS? and won't he be on a silly wage which we wouldn't be able to match? Do see it tbh. Wouldn't mind some with leadership qualities. Think MA will sign a defender first though.

It's just a feeling I have. Maybe he is off to the MLS then. Probably right about his wage as well. We need wingers. I thought the defence looked good today for the majority of the game. Conceding from two set pieces was a massive blow and after seeing them on the BBC tonight I blame Simmo especially for the first.

I had the same thought, Adams mentioned two signings - one permanent and e also talked about experience. We could do worse I suppose.

Make of this what you will. Don't think he's going anywhere till Summer. He said on Twitter this morning over a number of tweets:

"Made my decision on the future and I'm going to stay here Canada was a great option but it was to big a move for my family !It was a massive call but I've worked hard in the media to get where I am and took good advice off people it's the right choice. So for the first time ever I will be out of contract in the summer.I'm going to have to be my own agent"

I wouldn't mind seeing Savage arrive for the rest of the season on a sensible wage. Does he still put himself about in the tackle? If he does, he's got to be worth a look instead of Monty, bless him.

I would welcome Savage.

How he will fit in the team when Monty is our captain i dont know.

Mmmmmmmmm...

23 January 2011 1:26PM
Savage was lucky to have even been picked. I was shocked how slow and useless he was. He was always behind the pace of the game and could barely summon up a trot. Time to retire Lily.

Please don't let Robbie Savage anywhere near SUFC. The only thing he has is a decent delivery from a free kick, that he takes five minutes strolling over to take coz his legs are knackered. And he won't be cheap. I'd love to know what he's been stealing off Derby over the term of his contract.

Robbie Savage is one of those players I always thought would end up at the Blades, been hoping we'd sign him for a few seasons but as someone else has said he could be past it now

He's announced tonight that he's retiring at the end of this season.

We could do worse than have him to help us out of this mess until the summer.

I've disliked him as much as anyone over the years but I agree with both Foxy and Bob. On the radio he is excellent. His love of the game really shines through. He seems to approach things like a real fan.

On the pitch, he would be exactly what we need in our present predicament.

I've disliked him as much as anyone over the years but I agree with both Foxy and Bob. On the radio he is excellent. His love of the game really shines through. He seems to approach things like a real fan.

Couldn't agree more with that!

Couldn't agree more with that!

I'll fourth that!

Back
Top Bottom