CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What was completely stupid was lettimg Freeman fo to Forest on loan. We should have at least recouped what we paid for him. This was especially true given we knew they were goimg to get a big fee for Cash
What’s also annoying is that Freeman in his limited appearances looked like one of our most gifted footballers, he could actually play a bit, what a waste!

What was completely stupid was lettimg Freeman fo to Forest on loan. We should have at least recouped what we paid for him. This was especially true given we knew they were goimg to get a big fee for Cash

Agree - say £3m plus would at least have got us something for freeman. We could have put that to good use.

But then maybe there was no one willing to pay so we have cut our losses, got a small loan fee and the wages off the books.

What’s also annoying is that Freeman in his limited appearances looked like one of our most gifted footballers

Let's not get carried away eh Wiz.

He was solid back-up though and I am beginning to wonder what the point in loaning him out was.

It was more a case of Burke being part of the Robinson deal.

Also, "annoying thing is we have not sold anyone for a decent fee for a while".
a) that should be something pleasing given our history, and
b) we simply don't have vast amounts of players outside the first team squad who command a big fee and we want to sell.

I do feel we should have sold Robinson outright for at least as much if not more than we signed him for. WBA have the money.

I am not for selling the family silver but we have collected players that on the fringe of the first team that seem to command zero value regardless of how well they performed for us. Kieron Freeman, still in his 20's, played a good amount of matches for us and yet walks out the club for free. Actually some of our most important players from a season or two ago have gone for nothing.

The Prince is probably looking at this wondering why a lot of players who are surplus to requirements are running down their contracts and walking out the door for nothing.

If we're that skint I don't really get why we went big on Ramsdale. Could have loaned a keeper to get us to a non covid/prince buying club window. Hopefully this deal gets done and we can all get on to saying he's a waste of moneh when he's not scored 8 in his first 2 games

If we're that skint I don't really get why we went big on Ramsdale. Could have loaned a keeper to get us to a non covid/prince buying club window. Hopefully this deal gets done and we can all get on to saying he's a waste of moneh when he's not scored 8 in his first 2 games

That's what i mean we could have just bought Etheridge for a million

Don’t think so - the prince in his forum the other week - said it would have been our transfer record (had it not been for the sell on fee) so 22.5m - 15% leaves us around 18.5m.

Not great value for money for me - especially as we are seemingly looking down the back of the sofa for scraps to sign a forward with.

Found it. This also follows another piece prior to signing suggesting the fee was far less than what was being reported.

Fee "around £10m".....

I do feel we should have sold Robinson outright for at least as much if not more than we signed him for. WBA have the money.

I am not for selling the family silver but we have collected players that on the fringe of the first team that seem to command zero value regardless of how well they performed for us. Kieron Freeman, still in his 20's, played a good amount of matches for us and yet walks out the club for free. Actually some of our most important players from a season or two ago have gone for nothing.

The Prince is probably looking at this wondering why a lot of players who are surplus to requirements are running down their contracts and walking out the door for nothing.

I think it's basically due to us progressing so quickly with (often aging) cast offs. Look at the likes of Freeman (K), Moore and Clarke. Integral in our rise through the divisions. No queue for them now.

Even players like Wright, Duffy, Lafferty and Coutts; ploughing their trade no higher than League 1.

Then important loan players like Madine and Dowell, in League 1 and the Championship.

We've been lucky with injuries over the last few seasons. The core team has played most games. This has meant that we've not built up a huge squad.

Let's not get carried away eh Wiz.

He was solid back-up though and I am beginning to wonder what the point in loaning him out was.
You don’t think he was technically gifted? We’ll agree to disagree then because I thought he was very talented on the ball, good close control and could pick a pass, these were his main attributes.

You don’t think he was technically gifted? We’ll agree to disagree then because I thought he was very talented on the ball, good close control and could pick a pass, these were his main attributes.

Oh, he was very gifted, but then I think he's still some way down the pecking order in ability. He's not even in the top three in midfield for my money.

Telling ya, he's waiting for this thread to hit record figures before signing! Only about 45 pages to go, keep up the good work. He'll be announced on Monday at this rate 💪😂

Freeman is a weird one, has moments looking really good then often gives the ball away quite cheaply.

That said he's the only player we really have (or had, I guess) who allows us to play with a '10' if we'd have wanted to. I'm not sure he's PL standard though.

Oh, he was very gifted, but then I think he's still some way down the pecking order in ability. He's not even in the top three in midfield for my money.
Just say he’s not in the top three then, just say he’s fourth for instance, he’d be one injury away from a game? And the midfield are hardly pulling any trees up for us in recent times.

Last edited:
Telling ya, he's waiting for this thread to hit record figures before signing! Only about 45 pages to go, keep up the good work. He'll be announced on Monday at this rate 💪😂
If we sign him, it'll be the first time we've actually signed a player that's been rumoured for this long.

My only thinking behind this is if we have a No.1 target we believe we may still get hold of (Dennis?) but should that be dead in the water soon, we'll possibly press ahead with Brewster?

My only thinking behind this is if we have a No.1 target we believe we may still get hold of (Dennis?) but should that be dead in the water soon, we'll possibly press ahead with Brewster?
Klopp appears to be in no rush to push brewdog out the door to the first pair of knickers flashed at him, Wilder is patient (very as we know with previous signings), the board are cautious spenders as we found out with Lowe and Bogle. Everything adds up to a drawn out process.

Found it. This also follows another piece prior to signing suggesting the fee was far less than what was being reported.

Don’t get me wrong - if the fee was 10m then great - looks a very good deal. I was just going by the prince at the fans forum - claimed it would have been a club record fee.

hopefully it’s with some add ons for performance, which if met means he would be a success.

Back
Top Bottom