CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm not saying that you love a stretched out, utter-bollocks analogy... but you love a stretched-out, utter-bollocks analogy, don't you?

I was going for authenticity.

This whole Brewster transfer on...off...sale...loan..sale....gone to Villa...off...on...loan...gone to Palace...off..sale..loan saga has been long drawn out and utter bollocks..

Can't get my head round this ,he will be at villa or palace by the time we kick off

Jesus Christ. If this is correct we are pitiful. .

Go and get someone else if we don’t want to pay that much - if he’s not available on loan get the fucking answer to that and move on.

£18m isn’t unreasonable imo and from that they aren’t even trying to gouge us financially. They will get it easily from someone else if not us - if we don’t want to pay it fine - move on and find someone to improve the first team.

That article can not be fully accurate can it?? Who is that guy?

Liverpool have finally made their decision to do business with us. We are the preferred bidder.
but it looks like we are playing hard to get.....it’s funny...and makes no sense....not sure I believe it.

I hope too many Unitedites didn't throw themselves off buildings in the time between sky reporting the bid and Parish denying it.

I attempted to kick the Cat, and missed by quite a wide margin.

On an almost unrelated note, kicking a coffee table instead of your Cat really hurts................

Yeah, this is odd if entirely true. It's one thing not having 18m to spend, but we know for certain that regardless of our position come the last game, we have parachute payments to fall back on. So 18m structured in a way that suits us, should really be affordable.

One question. If it is true, why haven't Brighton, Villa and everyone else reported to have been interested also not jumped on the deal? We have no relationship with Liverpool that would suggest we get preferential treatment.

I tend to think we're trying to get Brewster AND Balogun both over the line and splitting our budget between the two. This may backfire spectacularly with neither of them joining.

Who the chuff is Nathan Hemminghuminghemhum anyway?

Yorkshire Live reporter. My friend knows him, went to school together, and he's a big Blade fan and seems to report well on us - without the need for a subscription like the Star!

As for the article, disappointed to read if true, Wilder can't be happy, I can only imagine that the overall package isn't as much as we want to pay for an untested youngster. Wilder talked about a loan deal weeks ago as the most likely, and had Liverpool wanted that too, I think he'd have been with us weeks ago. The permanent nature of the deal seems to be part of the problem, maybe we dont like the buy back side of it.

Yeah, this is odd if entirely true. It's one thing not having 18m to spend, but we know for certain that regardless of our position come the last game, we have parachute payments to fall back on. So 18m structured in a way that suits us, should really be affordable.

One question. If it is true, why haven't Brighton, Villa and everyone else reported to have been interested also not jumped on the deal? We have no relationship with Liverpool that would suggest we get preferential treatment.

I tend to think we're trying to get Brewster AND Balogun both over the line and splitting our budget between the two. This may backfire spectacularly with neither of them joining.

If the guy who posted that it's true Liverpool said that we can pay it the way we prefer then surely we can get both done with instalments

Well this could be the transfer that Wilder was alluding to today, when saying there was a decision to be made above him.

If the details are as Hemingway has reported then this is a real worry....firstly because it means our finances are clearly dependant on maybe Lunny or others leaving for a fee, or Brooks and DCL sell on fees Coming in!!
Secondly as it now alerts other clubs to his availability and potential ease of a deal to be done.

I accept that the money reported is very high for what he’s achieved so far, however there’s been enough footage and games in the championship for us to assess if he possesses all the attributes to become a top top player.
We could literally be at the same point as we were when getting Hendo 2 years ago...I’m convinced if we’d gone in with a £4m weighted deal rising depending on performances/promotion we would have got Hendo before he was able to properly make his name.
At some point we will have to take a gamble on someone like this, otherwise we will forever be missing out on strikers and afraid to take the gamble.

Well if these stories are even vaguely true:

He's Wilder's top target.
Klopp is convinced we're the best place for him to develop.
The lad wants to come.
Liverpool are willing to make a deal on our terms.

Make it happen. Find the money. Make it fucking happen.

Well if these stories are even vaguely true:

He's Wilder's top target.
Klopp is convinced we're the best place for him to develop.
The lad wants to come.
Liverpool are willing to make a deal on our terms.

Make it happen. Find the money. Make it fucking happen.

It'll happen.

After spending 2 weeks hoping for some real news to break on this thread, I have decided that it was better when nothing was happening :(

Last edited:
Fair point.

But it's spreading needless (often uninformed) negativity, even if isolated to the message board tbh.

And I'd be stunned if these endlessly negative posters never say similar things in pubs, at work, at the stadium etc.

I sit at Bramall Lane shouting "hurry up with your transfer dealings Bettis you useless bastard". You've got me on that one.

Yorkshire Live reporter. My friend knows him, went to school together, and he's a big Blade fan and seems to report well on us - without the need for a subscription like the Star!

He’s decent. Tier 2 at the mo. Might upgrade to Tier 1 with more solid exclusive updates like this, if accurate...

Back
Top Bottom