Rhian - a Sheffield tale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Canterbury Blade

Reaction score
So, let’s draw a tale here.

She is the best looking bird all through school. Everyone fancies her. 5th form disco Me and me saddo mates look on, wearing our pods, farahs and apprentice mullets. If she glanced over in her ra ra skirt it was worth a thousand in the wank bank.

She goes to Granville/ Shirecliffe or Richmond college to do beauty/ hairdressing/ art therapy and finds she is in the big league. Still good, no doubts from the lads, but Lynsey from Notre Dame and big Hazel from City also look pretty hot on the dance floor at Romeos. But this is the big league now. It’s no longer school corridors and Mr Cousins asking if you’re all right and the youth club being your oyster.. but there’s hope

You then pull an older boyfriend. He’s been about a bit, a bit older. Got a job. Got an XR3i. A veteran of the YTS. A face in the Limit, a boy on West St Terrace, a regular in The Lansdowne, known in The Tramway and he has a pre 92 Stone Island jacket with the green badge and all the right stitching

It’s all looking good.

But actually that early promise is all you have. You talk a good talk, a good talk with the girls when you relive that night in Marbs/Kavos/Ingoldmells but actually it will never be the same.

The stretch marks show, the high cheeks have sunk, that bright laugh has gone and you’re alone on the 56 to Wybourn…

Yes there is a few quid in your pocket and you have your memories as a teenager when you’re now sat in the WMC or The Manor Castle/White Lion/Chantrey/Byron/Cricketers/Lord Nelson/Penny Black..

And that face, well he has moved on. The early promise was fantastic. But you’ve put on a few, the moves ain’t so slick, moments of course but just that moments and his eye has wandered. Is it worth the hassle, the grief, the angst…?

So, you lose the face. You bank the money and your life is spent telling everyone how good you were at the school disco, how from The Cremorne to The Hermitage you never bought a drink.

But sometimes, just sometimes. Its time to stop pretending. Look yourself in the mirror and either walk away or say I will prove you all wrong…

Please just give us a flash of all those hopes, prove me wrong and realise all those dreams and repay a few IOU’s in the ‘bank’..

Up to you really…

Creative…..

Rhian is still only 24, I keep forgetting that. Yes he’s not young in football terms but he’s still got a few years left in him to develop and be better.

I genuinely hope he can hit form, there’s a player in there but injuries have hampered him. He needs to be 15% fitter and a yard or two quicker plus get any type of goal that can increase his confidence - a ricochet, a tap in, whatever.

Last chance saloon is next season in the champ with us. If he’s still doing fuck all then his development needs to take place elsewhere on that wage.

If it's the 5th form disco then I would be in a tank top and flares.

She is the best looking bird all through school. Everyone fancies her. 5th form disco Me and me saddo mates look on, wearing our pods, farahs and apprentice mullets. If she glanced over in her ra ra skirt it was worth a thousand in the wank bank.

She goes to Granville/ Shirecliffe or Richmond college to do beauty/ hairdressing/ art therapy and finds she is in the big league. Still good, no doubts from the lads, but Lynsey from Notre Dame and big Hazel from City also look pretty hot on the dance floor at Romeos. But this is the big league now. It’s no longer school corridors and Mr Cousins asking if you’re all right and the youth club being your oyster.. but there’s hope

You then pull an older boyfriend. He’s been about a bit, a bit older. Got a job. Got an XR3i. A veteran of the YTS. A face in the Limit, a boy on West St Terrace, a regular in The Lansdowne, known in The Tramway and he has a pre 92 Stone Island jacket with the green badge and all the right stitching

It’s all looking good.

But actually that early promise is all you have. You talk a good talk, a good talk with the girls when you relive that night in Marbs/Kavos/Ingoldmells but actually it will never be the same.

The stretch marks show, the high cheeks have sunk, that bright laugh has gone and you’re alone on the 56 to Wybourn…

Yes there is a few quid in your pocket and you have your memories as a teenager when you’re now sat in the WMC or The Manor Castle/White Lion/Chantrey/Byron/Cricketers/Lord Nelson/Penny Black..

And that face, well he has moved on. The early promise was fantastic. But you’ve put on a few, the moves ain’t so slick, moments of course but just that moments and his eye has wandered. Is it worth the hassle, the grief, the angst…?

So, you lose the face. You bank the money and your life is spent telling everyone how good you were at the school disco, how from The Cremorne to The Hermitage you never bought a drink.

But sometimes, just sometimes. Its time to stop pretending. Look yourself in the mirror and either walk away or say I will prove you all wrong…

Please just give us a flash of all those hopes, prove me wrong and realise all those dreams and repay a few IOU’s in the ‘bank’..

Up to you really…
The Mr Cousins at our school would be showing her the inside of his TR7 or boring the tits off her about egg chasing.

Are you saying young Rhian is a bird???? 😲
Depending on how the rest of his career with the men's team go's, he might start identifying as a lass and playing for the Sufc women.

It’s all looking good.

Up to you really…
Well that cheered me up lol

It’s all looking good.

Up to you really…

While we're living, the dreams we have as children fade away!

Liam Gallagher. 1994.

we just should never buy players from Liverpool areas
We got our fingers burnt with John Ebbrell our first 1m pound player from Everton
Then we got Brewster who Im beginning to believe only Jesus could get him to walk again

And never forget that unforgettable early Wilder experiment that was ……er…….it will come to me…….,,,,Ben Woodburn.

It’s all looking good.

Up to you really…
I doubt that Mills & Boon will ring you soon !!

Thought the moose had changed his name to Rhian there for a minute...

Back
Top Bottom