Retained List

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fucking hell, they’re more relaxed with releasing Area 51 data these days than our retained list. It’s getting as boring as the new owner schtick.

Wes - a much underrated goalkeeper.

Yes , he had the odd glitch as does every goalie (see de Gea , Lloris , Henderson etc . etc. ) but overall performed superbly well and I have no qualms whatsoever about going into the PL with him as our first choice .
Not for me. 2 red cards this season, dropped us in the shit at Burnley and the next crucial games. Keeping ok, kicking poor. Not as good at pens as Davies. Last year good to very good, this year average to good. We need better.

PA just said on YouTube that he wants to keep them all, but age is creeping into the squad, fluffed a bit, but you can see where this is going.

Not for me. 2 red cards this season, dropped us in the shit at Burnley and the next crucial games. Keeping ok, kicking poor. Not as good at pens as Davies. Last year good to very good, this year average to good. We need better.

We'd have murdered Burnley..

Had we gone with Macatee and Doyle from the start.. We win that league..

Didn't he say that he wants to keep our best players? Not that he wants to keep all the players?

Probably I had it on speakers and couldnt hear it so clear for people talking etc.

Wes - a much underrated goalkeeper.

Yes , he had the odd glitch as does every goalie (see de Gea , Lloris , Henderson etc . etc. ) but overall performed superbly well and I have no qualms whatsoever about going into the PL with him as our first choice .
Wes is a fantastic keeper. We're he playing for a lower end prem team there would be calls for an England inclusion

Really? were they the best 2 midfielders at the club last season? Or were they bit part players for large parts of the season and then stepped up to get us over the line? Norwood over the whole season was comfortably better than both the City lads, in my opinion of course :)
Do you understand the difference between players on an upward curve of development and those on a downward trajectory towards retirement ?

Really? were they the best 2 midfielders at the club last season? Or were they bit part players for large parts of the season and then stepped up to get us over the line? Norwood over the whole season was comfortably better than both the City lads, in my opinion of course :)
Norwood had great stats to retain possession and play short passes between him and defenders. He however was sadly lacking in the ability to score goals and create chances which is where the two city lads were better and will continue to get better

Thought he said keep our best(star) players, bring in young and good!!!!!! Best of luck with that hecky, we will need it.

Norwood had great stats to retain possession and play short passes between him and defenders. He however was sadly lacking in the ability to score goals and create chances which is where the two city lads were better and will continue to get better
Wasn't Norwood one of the best midfielders in the league for chance creation? Sure I remember seeing that earlier in the season.

Do you understand the difference between players on an upward curve of development and those on a downward trajectory towards retirement ?
I was responding to the myth that is our best 2 midfielders were the City lads. They were great, I would love to see em back. But last season Norwood was clearly the better player over the whole season. I will say it again, my opinion and I'm not really trying g to convince anyone else

I was responding to the myth that is our best 2 midfielders were the City lads. They were great, I would love to see em back. But last season Norwood was clearly the better player over the whole season. I will say it again, my opinion and I'm not really trying g to convince anyone else

Norwood distribution and ping factor is easily one of the best in the championship of all time.

There's a reason Alex Ferguson rated him so highly at Manchester United.

However his flaws which includes his mobility (especially as reaches the twilight of his career) are now more detrimental than the benefits he brings.

But he still has added value so would definitely be on my retained list.

Following the Prince’s announcement I can see the following conversation:

‘Due to your age, you will be offered a one year contract on low wages. You are not in my plans to start next season, and most of you won’t even make the bench. Stay and compete for your place, or leave with our best wishes’.

This conversation will probably apply to Sharp, Norwood, Fleck, Stevens and possibly Osborn.
PH will keep the rest as competition for a start, or a place on the bench. Apart from Anel, Ndiaye and Berge who will start if fit, that concludes the retained list.

Due to the reputation for developing young players, the club will get 2 or 3 quality, selected loans.

I expect the starting lineup to be much the same as the squad that got the club promoted from the EFL. (Plus quality loans to replace Doyle and McAtee.

Defence is ok. Strikers to be picked on merit from Brewster, McBurnie, Jebbo and Osula.

Midfield will include Berge, Ndiaye plus a couple of loan players, and/or our own youngsters.

Selection could also depend on home and away tactical variations.

Last edited:
Stats are fine, but remember, if you make one tackle in a game, it's a100% tackle rating!, same with everything else

You think Norwood was better than McAtee and Doyle? Last season?...for United?

But we shouldn’t have to spend a fortune to improve on the players we release surely , even if they are not proven prem quality . It would be beyond stupid to give players who have proved to be not up to it another deal just to make the numbers up ,sheer folly
We've done it for about 60 years, so why not.

Almost every player we sign is a "versatilty" player who is capable of playing (not very well) in a number of positions.

There is a big difference between a top quality right back who can play centre half if needed and a shit right back who can play even shitter at centre half when needed.

We've filled our squad with too many of these sorts for decades, almost like they're constantly trying to buy one player instead of two.

You think Norwood was better than McAtee and Doyle? Last season?...for United?
Easily, not just the last 6 games. He was always available (not injured) and a crucial part of the team that placed us in pole position to get promoted.
I'm constantly amazed by how the modern football fan thinks in the absolute present.
Ollie has been an essential cog in getting us promoted twice and in our best top league season for decades. When he was dropped he didn't sulk and still played a great support role in helping us close out.
Personally he would be in my team before the city Boys for the 1st game next year.........and again, my opinion

Following the Prince’s announcement I can see the following conversation:

‘Due to your age, you will be offered a one year contract on low wages. You are not in my plans to start next season, and most of you won’t even make the bench. Stay and compete for your place, or leave with our best wishes’.

This conversation will probably apply to Sharp, Norwood, Fleck, Stevens and possibly Osborn.
PH will keep the rest as competition for a start, or a place on the bench. Apart from Anel, Ndiaye and Berge who will start if fit, that concludes the retained list.

Due to the reputation for developing young players, the club will get 2 or 3 quality, selected loans.

I expect the starting lineup to be much the same as the squad that got the club promoted from the EFL. (Plus quality loans to replace Doyle and McAtee.

Defence is ok. Strikers to be picked on merit from Brewster, McBurnie, Jebbo and Osula.

Midfield will include Berge, Ndiaye plus a couple of loan players, and/or our own youngsters.

Selection could also depend on home and away tactical variations.
Does anyone know what's the likely status of Brewster next season - is he expected to be fit and available to play?

Back
Top Bottom