Referee

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can a black man not succeed on merit. Does it always have to be positive discrimination?

Jarred Gillet was promoted to the EPL after 2 seasons in English football. But then again, he's a fucking immigrant. Another tick in the box for the wokerati right, or fine bacause he's white?
Stop it with your facts. They don't like facts. You'll blow their final braincell.

Can a black man not succeed on merit. Does it always have to be positive discrimination?

Jarred Gillet was promoted to the EPL after 2 seasons in English football. But then again, he's a fucking immigrant. Another tick in the box for the wokerati right, or fine bacause he's white?
I totally agree that a black man, a yellow man, a gay man etc. can succeeed in any job on merit but we are talking about todays referee who in mine and others option have been promoted in spite of their ability.
you see it’s called opinion, and you and your world no longer allow people to have an opinion because you label it as racist!

Gillet is a decent referee and has earned his place, others have not.

I thought he wasn’t that bad tbh. Let things go and, isn’t that what we’ve all been asking for? We’ve all been saying football’s become too soft and so I actually liked that he did let one or two things go. Didn’t get everything right but can’t honestly think of anything controversial or a decision that he made that was about him and how important he was like the majority of the refs in the prem

If he hadn't given a corner it would mean that he thought Baldock didn't get the ball (and not just the man) which would have meant a foul and a free kick to Luton in an equivalent position to the corner.
This exactly, the Luton player was livid he had not been awarded a free kick. Our inability to defend set pieces is laughable and has and will continue to cost us points. I heard in the commentary that we have conceded 6 more goals than any other team in the league from corners!! that is not the refs fault

The ref was the same as most of the other refs in this league. They give way too many easy free kicks for players throwing themselves on the floor and do not reward good strong football. I dont even blame them, its the numpty rule makers that wont allow tackling, dictate that as soon as you raise your hands your off (despite whatever provocation) and the list goes on and on.

I dont watch any other PL footy now other than the dross that we are involved in and i do not miss it at all. Even the highlights, you get 20 mins of highlights and 5 to 10 of that is talking about who has been dropped/recalled and god knows what.

Wow, that escelated very quickly in me to a full blown rant about how footy used to be better. I will be my dad ranting at the TV in another couple of years :)

I thought he wasn’t that bad tbh. Let things go and, isn’t that what we’ve all been asking for? We’ve all been saying football’s become too soft and so I actually liked that he did let one or two things go. Didn’t get everything right but can’t honestly think of anything controversial or a decisionthat he made that was about him and how important he was like the majority of the refs in the prem

It is all about opinions, I personally did not think he had a good game and ask anyone to explain why we had five bookings and them none as one means of justifying this
They won’t be able to explain it as he was completely inconsistent in his refereeing and today he seem to favour Luton. He was out of his depth and got almost every corner decision wrong. It was surprising just how bad he was

You mean the one where Morris was being fouled by two of our players at the same time but we got the free kick?
It was obstruction. Morris had both arms outstretched, he stopped our players getting near the ball. Morris didn't like it, and the alleged incident happened seconds later.

I don’t give a shit what colour, race. Or religion he is…….he was awful today and way out of his depth. That’s my opinion.

i was taken by surprise by the booing as well, i didnt think it merited it. i thought in comparison he was alright, we've had far worse than him in the 12 months. yeah he let luton be a bit physical, with holding mcburnie but then how can we complain at luton, when we were doing the same

i think it was scapegoat for angry fans to vent frustration. when they should vent it on the defending that cost 3 pts again
Holding McBurnie? My 12yr old daughter could out muscle him. He spends half of his time thinking it's WWE and throwing himself about on the floor

I totally agree that a black man, a yellow man, a gay man etc. can succeeed in any job on merit but we are talking about todays referee who in mine and others option have been promoted in spite of their ability.
you see it’s called opinion, and you and your world no longer allow people to have an opinion because you label it as racist!

Aye
But
“Opinions” are like arse ‘oles - everyone has got one, & they’re frequently full of shit

It is all about opinions, I personally did not think he had a good game and ask anyone to explain why we had five bookings and them none as one means of justifying this
Osho wrestled McBurnie to the ground in the first half, and afterwards was mouthing off incessantly at the referee all game. No booking, compare it to the kitten like challenge from Anel that got him a booking minutes earlier. He was not going to give a penalty for the foul on McAtee , luckily McBurnie scored.
All in all, a typically inconsistent refereee performance.
Not due to race, nor is his promotion.

I think there's a clear distinction between those who went to the match and thought he was crap and those who watched on the telly and thought he was fair.

It's an interesting contrast.
I watched on TV and thought he was terribly inconsistent, looked uncertain and seemed to be guessing half the time.

We had a couple of good attacks halted by them cynically fouling us yet they didn’t receive a booking or even a talking to, they also had a player that either blocked Wes kicking the ball out early to set us on a quick counter or tried to block him yet there was no booking for that either, the ref in fact didn’t even see the incident but blew for the foul anyway, he must’ve been told from one of his officials?

He missed some blatant fouls on the string of piss McBurnie who showed some good lay offs today at times, he gave handball against Archer who was just plummoxed from behind and that’s why he handled it, he gave a corner to them which everybody could see wasn’t one, even the Luton fans were laughing at that one, he guessed so many decisions because he couldn’t keep up with the game.

The ref was really poor, the only reason his performance has been overshadowed and seen as decent by some is because our defending was even worse, both things can happen in a game.

Overall though, the reffing in this country is shambolic and it’s making a mockery of the game. It’s the only sport that has brought video technology in and got worse, that shouldn’t even be possible.

He wasn’t any better or worse than we’ve had all season , got the decision wrong giving a corner where the Luton player clearly had the last touch .. but I wouldn’t single him out yesterday .. Jarred Gillett who reffed the City .. there’s a shocking Ref

Thought he was poor in a game that was incredibly easy.

If the guy was white, you’d be pissed that he made mistakes and leave it at that. You wouldn’t dream of suggesting that he’d got promoted to the PL because of the colour of his skin. You’d just say he was shit. This suggests that in your mind, white refs can be shit without race being a factor. But a black guy being shit..? That means he was put into a place that he doesn’t belong. The only difference between this shit red and the white shit refs…? The white shit refs belong in the higher echelons of reffing and the black shit refs do not.

Do you not see why people are calling you (and others) out on this?

I thought the ref was fine. He let a lot go both ways but was consistent with it. Sick of us blaming other factors for our own inadequacies. Not sure there was anything that significant he got wrong or really impacted on the result?
He was ok but did get the decision for the corner that they scored sort of from completely wrong

It's an error granted but only seems a bigger error as we cannot clear two crosses into our box. It does not even come from the original corner.

It's not a direct error that they score from. A fair bit happens after that. We simply need to clear the ball. We head it into our own net.

I'm just kind of sick and tired of United fans picking out officials when we are bottom due to ourselves.

If anything we have had a fair few decisions go our way (Wolves pen/Villa pens) recently. These were far more impactful mistakes than a wrongly awarded corner.

It just looks desperate and a bit pathetic.
Oooh get you...... someone need a cuddle?
I remember when I heard you wanting to fight McB and what a wanker he is etc. now that sounded like a pathetic United fan.......

I think it's pretty telling we've got people saying he was fucking awful, but the biggest decision he got wrong was an incorrectly given corner.

No wrongly disallowed goals, no dodgy penalties given/not given, no sending offs for nothing, no bookings for things that should have been a straight red. Just a dodgy corner.

Back
Top Bottom