CONFIRMED Reda Khadra

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The option had expired and the deal was "done" "nearly done", "not done", "over the line", "not done", "done".....so lucky in my opinion.

We typically low-ball offers and wages and sometimes it works, others it doesn't and clubs come in, offer a bit more and the player us gone.....that's what I mean by pissing about, if we want them then by all means negotiate but don't leave ourselves wide open for other clubs to nick our targets.....Maupay, Robinson, Cash to name a few.....players who if we had been just that little bit more adventurous with could see us not having to settle and pay over the odds for plan B players and still in the Prem.....
The option expired on 30th June and he signed on 6th July🤣

What "argument"? I was simply responding to the comment stating that "Gary Madine is a much better Championship number 9", the numbers say otherwise, over 100 more Championship games and 2 more goals, hope this helps 👍
With McBurnie 's recent form and availability you'd have to question whether he'd get 2 goals in 100 games or stay fit to play 100 games!

I think without the original definitive statement of one being better than the other, certainly a question could be made:

What would have been the better 3 year investment (especially if the manager told you he was going to try and make him Jon Parkin Mk II):

20m in fees and 28k per week in wages

Or

2m in fees tops and probably 14k in wages?

(Assuming 50% drop post relegation)

18m more in fee. 1.82m more wages.

The obvious defence is McBurnie's 6 goals were useful in season 1. Counter to that is for one, as shown at Bournemouth, Sharp is a far more instinctive finisher than McBurnie. If he'd been given the same opportunities he'd have matched him if not scored more, given the rest of the team was the promotion team minus Duffy but plus Lundstram, I don't see why Wilder edged him out so readily.

To Madine himself, who is to say he couldn't have proved as useful of not more so. He worked far better with Billy for instance than McBurnie ever did, effectively making it one or the other they worked so poorly together. Villa away in the promotion season was an example where Billy and Madine could work well together.

Then again this all feels like a debate for 2019/20 and mebbes we should just get back to talking about Khadra! 😉

Last edited:
The option had expired and the deal was "done" "nearly done", "not done", "over the line", "not done", "done".....so lucky in my opinion.

We typically low-ball offers and wages and sometimes it works, others it doesn't and clubs come in, offer a bit more and the player us gone.....that's what I mean by pissing about, if we want them then by all means negotiate but don't leave ourselves wide open for other clubs to nick our targets.....Maupay, Robinson, Cash to name a few.....players who if we had been just that little bit more adventurous with could see us not having to settle and pay over the odds for plan B players and still in the Prem.....

The option expired on 30th June and he signed on 6th July🤣

I don’t agree to be honest. Judging by the dates provided by Billy, it seems it was a relatively quick turnaround for the deal.

I also never once felt the deal was in doubt… and feel that we were actually rather prudent with it. We couldn’t get it done in jan, but kept in contact and watched on… When it came clear of Bordeaux’s likely inability to complete the deal we stepped up and reenforced our interest. For once I actually feel we did a good job and we’re smart. The stuff they did between and jan and June will have helped massively…

I don’t agree to be honest. Judging by the dates provided by Billy, it seems it was a relatively quick turnaround for the deal.

I also never once felt the deal was in doubt… and feel that we were actually rather prudent with it. We couldn’t get it done in jan, but kept in contact and watched on… When it came clear of Bordeaux’s likely inability to complete the deal we stepped up and reenforced our interest. For once I actually feel we did a good job and we’re smart. The stuff they did between and jan and June will have helped massively…
I think we did well with Ahmedhodžić and agree it did seem we have to be in the clear on the Bordeaux option one way or another

To the point raised on Maupay, you have to decide what you want to do.

On one hand it was alluded Wilder didn't want to pay additional agent fees or the Prince wouldn't pay the wages.

But you set aside money and fees that were spent on players not fit for purpose and I don't see how other deals couldn't have still been possible.

Freeman was a complete waste and if a no 10 was only to become Plan B, then we could have kept Duffy for 1 year. We didn't need to spend 5m in fees and what, 20k in wages? 3 year deal and that's 8m.

Robinson was a total waste unless 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 was the formation. Surprised how intelligent minds couldn't figure this out before spending 6m in fee and same again, another 3m wage commitment? Throw in a million for the nonsensical water-to-wine punt on Morrison and you've 18m in the budget and scarcely impacting the XI at all. Are we really sure it was down to PA not paying the wages? Plus the 28k per week we wouldn't be paying McBurnie and the 20m we wouldn't be paying Swansea, we could have got Maupay.

Robinson wasn't so straightforward because we weren't ready to relegate Stevens to no 2 or offload him and we couldn't have our cake and eat it so paying 50k for a reserve made little sense. Cash was a different proposition. Villa in the PL is not something we could compete with. Much bigger club. Same with Watkins. But we knew about him. He wasn't plucked from obscurity. We could have moved sooner for him, same for Benhrama, for Jared Bowen, who was spoken about 12 months and more before West Ham went for him. You can add Toney in there. Before he went to Brentford there was a window for him. For whatever reason we decided to move differently.

Point is that if you have a budget you can only spend it once and if you spend it on multiple shite players who won't contribute then you won't have enough left for key performers. Maybe you sign less, in some cases you don't get Bogle, you keep Freeman but they are the calls and we got many of them wrong.

Maybe some will. Have a great season and provide some redemption to those dealings but they weren't fit for purpose for the needs at that time.

Not what I think ... reported club want him ... all this talk not much action ...
What a shit reply. Do you want us to sign him or not?
You’ve only seen newspaper reports that the want him, the club have said nothing they’re just getting on with it in the background as they did with Anel. Not sure what more action you want?

Speculating is just another word for spending beyond your means or accumulating debt

The rest of your post is just as inaccurate .if the half a dozen or so.differering regimes had bought 50 shit players on the ' right wages ' rather than up and coming players we would be bankrupt and have never achieved any degree of success
3 spells in the top division say otherwise

Ooooh a full three spells
And still not been a Premier League club as many seasons as Wigan

I know some think Nixon is full of shit and doesn’t know his onions, but it could be worse. I suppose he could’ve said it’s all gone tits up

Fingers crossed
I feel more confident if he said it’s gone tits up

What a shit reply. Do you want us to sign him or not?
You’ve only seen newspaper reports that the want him, the club have said nothing they’re just getting on with it in the background as they did with Anel. Not sure what more action you want?
Really interesting how some people know so much .... ummmm

Really interesting how some people know so much .... ummmm
The only one assuming they know stuff is you.
You’re reacting to newspaper reports nothing more. The club are saying nothing and you’re assuming we’re messing about.
You don’t know anything you just assume we’re making a mess of whatever it is we want to do.
Odd.

Ha ha ... how boringly predictable
It is boringly predictable that the second something doesn't seem to be going our way, miserable fuckers come out the woodwork and constantly moan. I wouldn't mind so much but when things are going fine you don't hear from them, it's odd that some people only have something to say when it's negative.

Since this thread is now about anything but Khadra, what's everyone having for tea?

Caviar and truffles.

Laughing at you peasants struggling with debt and energy bills.

The only thing inflating around here is my bank balance.

Back
Top Bottom