Rearranged dates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How do you know we were slower than Swansea in agreeing the re-arranged game with QPR for Jan 25th? Our scheduled game against QPR was supposed to be on Dec 13th and QPR's scheduled game against Swansea was on 18th Dec.

I do know we were slower to agree the rearranged game with QPR than Swansea.

Those two have agreed a date.

Ours has not been rearranged yet so the clubs have not agreed have they unless I missed something? 🤷

Because our game hasn’t been rearranged yet?
It could have been that we offered the Jan 25th date before Swansea did? Heckingbottom said last week that clubs have made it difficult for us to get the ball rolling. Remember our scheduled match with QPR was 5 days before QPR v Swansea

So if
It could have been that we offered the Jan 25th date before Swansea did? Heckingbottom said last week that clubs have made it difficult for us to get the ball rolling. Remember our scheduled match with QPR was 5 days before QPR v Swansea
I’m not following.

So if

I’m not following.
Hecky said last week that clubs have been difficult to deal with when it comes to re-arranging games. Our match against QPR was postponed on Dec 13th and I expect we tried to agree a re-arranged date with QPR immediately. We might have suggested Jan 25th. Five days later, QPR v Swansea was postponed and since then both have agreed on 25th Jan. Did we suggest Jan 25th before Swansea did? If so, then this need looking into by the EFL

Hecky said last week that clubs have been difficult to deal with when it comes to re-arranging games. Our match against QPR was postponed on Dec 13th and I expect we tried to agree a re-arranged date with QPR immediately. We might have suggested Jan 25th. Five days later, QPR v Swansea was postponed and since then both have agreed on 25th Jan. Did we suggest Jan 25th before Swansea did? If so, then this need looking into by the EFL

If I'm QPR and we have players missing then I delay the games as long as possible...till they are back. I expect most teams will want to wait till covid eases incidentally. There's not been that many rearranged across the board seemingly.

You said we had agreed a date before Swansea but we haven't. That was my point that ISZA ⚔️ is making too.

If I'm QPR I'd rather play a home game against a lesser side if I've got players missing than a long trip up North in January. I'd rather wait. Is that right? Not sure but never seen a rule that says games must be rearranged sequentially in order of postponement. Ultimately EFL are weak and have shown that across the board but not sure why fans are getting at clubs. They will protect themselves and we are doing the same trying to get games in especially v a weaker opponent if players are out, if that is true.

At the end of the day the games will get played. Yes we have more to fit in but it could work to our advantage if we are rested and get on a roll. We don't know. It's affected lots of teams though. Just don't get this everyone's out to get us mentality that some adopt. The EFL have mismanaged this for all clubs really. We may have been hit harder than some but we need to just get on with it now and control what we can which is winning games.

You said we had agreed a date before Swansea but we haven't. That was my point that ISZA ⚔️ is making too.
Where did I say that we had suggested Jan 25th with QPR before Swansea did???

I am wondering what Hecky meant by saying that clubs are being difficult to deal with when it comes to re-arranging fixtures and I am wondering if we were to slow to agree Jan 25th with QPR. If Swansea did suggest Jan 25th before we did then it is poor show by us because our home game against QPR was postponed (announced on 12th Dec) before QPR's home game against Swansea was postponed (announced on 14th Dec).

I am still waiting for you to answer my question below

1641730090941.png

I've seen lots of other teams have still not arranged many. I wonder if clubs are just waiting it out for a bit?
Just had a check on that. There were 24 Championship games postponed and 13 of these fixtures have already been re-arranged

1641755911619.png
1641755962867.png

1641756004509.png
1641756061206.png

does anyone have a guess at the rearranged dates could be. as ive work breathing down my neck for these games

Where did I say that we had suggested Jan 25th with QPR before Swansea did???

I am wondering what Hecky meant by saying that clubs are being difficult to deal with when it comes to re-arranging fixtures and I am wondering if we were to slow to agree Jan 25th with QPR. If Swansea did suggest Jan 25th before we did then it is poor show by us because our home game against QPR was postponed (announced on 12th Dec) before QPR's home game against Swansea was postponed (announced on 14th Dec).

I am still waiting for you to answer my question below

View attachment 127724

Erm...because our game has not been rearranged. Swansea and QPR have agreed the date. So we/they were slower to agree? That's factual. We have not agreed. I'm not sure how you can question it?

Maybe I'm confused by your question. If we had agreed then it would have been rescheduled would it not?

You posted we may have suggested 25th Jan but as you then say in a later post, we have no idea what dates we suggested really either. We may not have even asked for that. Swansea may have.

Still just under half the games to rearrange too as you say and many were postponed 2 or 3 weeks ago so a few still to sort.

At the end of the day, the game/s will get played. If its not quite the date we wanted or maybe even QPR then it's still about who plays the best on the date. I actually think United on form would be the favourite to beat QPR at home regardless of when it is. I'm not overly concerned when it is rearranged really.

If we are playing Sat, Tues, Thurs, Sat like Rotherham did then I'll agree it will be a factor but at the moment most teams have 2 or 3 to rearrange so many in the same boat.

Erm...because our game has not been rearranged. Swansea and QPR have agreed the date. So we/they were slower to agree? That's factual. We have not agreed. I'm not sure how you can question it?

Maybe I'm confused by your question. If we had agreed then it would have been rescheduled would it not?

You posted we may have suggested 25th Jan but as you then say in a later post, we have no idea what dates we suggested really either. We may not have even asked for that. Swansea may have.

Still just under half the games to rearrange too as you say and many were postponed 2 or 3 weeks ago so a few still to sort.

At the end of the day, the game/s will get played. If its not quite the date we wanted or maybe even QPR then it's still about who plays the best on the date. I actually think United on form would be the favourite to beat QPR at home regardless of when it is. I'm not overly concerned when it is rearranged really.

If we are playing Sat, Tues, Thurs, Sat like Rotherham did then I'll agree it will be a factor but at the moment most teams have 2 or 3 to rearrange so many in the same boat.
It seems strange that we have already agreed a new date with Preston 4 days after Boxing Day and that QPR havent agreed to a new date with us and we were scheduled to play them 27 days ago. If Swansea offered them 25th Jan before we did then it is poor of us. Hecky has said this month that he is unhappy with at least one club who are being difficult when it comes to rearrange new dates

It seems strange that we have already agreed a new date with Preston 4 days after Boxing Day and that QPR havent agreed to a new date with us and we were scheduled to play them 27 days ago. If Swansea offered them 25th Jan before we did then it is poor of us. Hecky has said this month that he is unhappy with at least one club who are being difficult when it comes to rearrange new dates
I've no doubt Hecky is alluding to QPR. I've also no doubt they may be delaying games due to the AFCON but like you say United have either been too slow to get it sorted or as more likely QPR are mucking us about and would rather play the tougher and away game with a full hand. I'd do the same if we were them. EFL are weak so clubs take advantage. Sure we have in the past over such matters too as other clubs are doing now. Clubs look after their own interests.

My point still stands in that I do know with 100% certainty that we have not agreed a date before QPR-Swansea as it has not been agreed and tl rearranged yet/whatever the reasons/whoever fault that is. There game has so they agreed first.

Ultimately not sure our playoff chances hang on whether we play QPR in a few weeks or a few months really. All teams have lots of games and points to play for. I do think there's a lot of fuss over when this game or games are rearranged.

At the end of the day the games will all get played and the best teams will go up/down. Yes we may have a few more mid week games and could be tired but we also have a bigger squad than most and maybe the 3 week break could give our players a break they may benefit from by the end of the season. We will see.

QPR might well be trying it on. But to be honest, if we have any genuine aspirations of getting into, let alone winning, the play-offs, then we really shouldn't be getting our knickers in a twist whether we play them now or when they have their players back from Africa.

ive had a look at the calendar of February & March inputted Hull Middlesbrough QPR & our fixtures in. i think i know what 3 weeks we are highly likely we will play on. unless it drags on to April which would be unlikely
  • we have 9 midweeks in February & march
  • already scheduled to play WBA, Blackburn & Blackpool. so down to 6
  • international break at the end of March down to 4
  • FA Cup 1st week of march. down to 3
  • that leaves 1st & 2nd February, 15th & 16th February 8th & 9th March

Jurgen Klopp says a Covid outbreak that led to the postponement of Liverpool's Carabao Cup semi-final first leg at Arsenal had "a lot of false positives".
Yer wilder used the same batch the twat !

ive had a look at the calendar of February & March inputted Hull Middlesbrough QPR & our fixtures in. i think i know what 3 weeks we are highly likely we will play on. unless it drags on to April which would be unlikely
  • we have 9 midweeks in February & march
  • already scheduled to play WBA, Blackburn & Blackpool. so down to 6
  • international break at the end of March down to 4
  • FA Cup 1st week of march. down to 3
  • that leaves 1st & 2nd February, 15th & 16th February 8th & 9th March
Nice one pal thank you, saved the rest of us a job! I'd stick with down to 6 though mate. All 4 sides may well be out of the FA Cup by then and I'm sure us Championship plebs will be made to play through international windows if games need catching up.

We could play Hull Jan 25th/26th couldn't we?? I'd bet on them being played as soon as possible as there's bound to be more called off yet later in the season isn't there- they won't risk rearranging to later on.

We could play Hull Jan 25th/26th couldn't we
i assumed that it would be too short notice, as all the 25th team rearranged this last week, & im guessing we wouldnt play on fa cup weekend, but QPR might still be in with peterborough away in the 4th round

i assumed that it would be too short notice, as all the 25th team rearranged this last week, & im guessing we wouldnt play on fa cup weekend, but QPR might still be in with peterborough away in the 4th round
We play Birmingham away on the next FA Cup weekend

Tuesday 8th march confirmed for Boro home match! This year at least!

United’s Sky Bet Championship fixtures with Hull City and Middlesbrough – postponed over the festive period due to Covid issues in the opposition camp – have been re-arranged.

The fixture with Grant McCann’s Tigers will now take place at Bramall Lane on Tuesday 15th February 2022, kick-off 7.45pm.

Meanwhile, the encounter with Chris Wilder’s Middlesbrough at Bramall Lane will be played Tuesday 8th March, kick-off 7.45pm.

Still no QPR?!

Overstretched and hung out to dry.

We could be well into another highly contagious variant by March,a hybrid called Belta.

Back
Top Bottom