Rearranged dates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Both dates very suitable for them, just finished their window shopping , 2 or 3 weeks to fit them in, nice.

Did anyone notice the statement from Liverpool the other day? It turns out that only one of their players actually tested positive for covid despite them getting a game called off due to to an outbreak. The rest were apparently "false positives". I'm not sure how exactly these tests were conducted, but it seems deeply suspicious that managers who dislike the Xmas fixtures managed to achieve their goal. Similarly, Hull had a Christmas miracle between their postponed game against us and New Year's day.

Play a game every 3.5 days in February and 5 games in March with the QPR game still to fit in somewhere.
Those clubs made a sly move calling off our games leaving the Blades with the worst schedule possible.
February looks ripe for injuries with no money to bring in good cover for when the injuries hit.

Glad they are scheduled back in, not sure why Boro is so far away!
I'd personally rather have seen us play midweek end of jan in between Luton and Peterborough.
With the way the fixtures are if we don't get the QPR game arranged soon we will be playing them home and away within weeks of each other.

Between beginning of November & beginning of March, United could play 21 games. 6 will be Saturday 3pm kick offs.

Piss take.

Did anyone notice the statement from Liverpool the other day? It turns out that only one of their players actually tested positive for covid despite them getting a game called off due to to an outbreak. The rest were apparently "false positives". I'm not sure how exactly these tests were conducted, but it seems deeply suspicious that managers who dislike the Xmas fixtures managed to achieve their goal. Similarly, Hull had a Christmas miracle between their postponed game against us and New Year's day.
Apologies for quoting my own post, but the the EFL have decided not to charge Liverpool for getting their game against Arsenal called off. This despite the odds against a false positive being around 1 in 3000. The odds against them getting 10 false positives are therefore in the region of 1 in 60000000000000000000000000000000000, i.e. The chance of winning the lottery on consecutive weekends whilst being struck by lightning.
I personally can't help thinking that football would have been better if the megastore clubs had fucked off to the Super league and left the rest of us to get on with it.

leaving the Blades with the worst schedule possible.

It's bullshit I agree, but Wigan have a strong claim to ending up an even worse schedule than us - already 5 games behind some of their promotion rivals and still in the FA Cup and the EFL Trophy. They need to follow our tactic and play Jack Robinson in cup matches.

What worries me is that we're not even halfway through winter yet - a blast of cold weather could see yet more games postponed.

“Sky TV is fucking shit” they sing, whilst watching the game on Sky TV, you couldn’t make it up. 😂😂😂😂

I too am glad its been moved, works better for me as can do other stuff on the weekend, leave work, go to game

Last edited:
Is the Forest game going to be moved again? Can’t see them playing Friday then Monday
That's a surprising and annoying change
They were due to play in the cup midweek before playing us on the Friday, which would have been a big advantage to us

With the Boournemouth game almost certain to be moved (we will know by 11th March), it will mean that after last Saturday, despite have a ton of home games left, only one (Cardiff) on 23 April will be at 3 pm on a Saturday. An even that may still get moved. We could have played our last home 3 pm Saturday game!!

Only the same as Saturday then Tuesday isn't it??
Close but Saturday is usually an afternoon and Tuesday is usually evening.

In their case it would be evening to evening so there would be about 5 hours less.

But take your point, especially with the Easter example.

Last edited:
With the Boournemouth game almost certain to be moved (we will know by 11th March), it will mean that after last Saturday, despite have a ton of home games left, only one (Cardiff) on 23 April will be at 3 pm on a Saturday. An even that may still get moved. We could have played our last home 3 pm Saturday game!!
Aaaarrgh! I was looking at that Cherries match as my next one (15:00 Satdi is perfect), never thought about it moving, twats!

Back
Top Bottom