Player Suggestion Ramsdale Replacement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I did feel for him though at Wembley,. It was an awful pen but at least he put his boot through it! I know that was the problem also! If you're gonna miss a pen, I'd like to do it like Simmo did!
I was actually really pleased when we signed him as I really rated him.

He was decent on loan but when he signed I'm not sure what happened as he was nowhere near as consistent as he had been through his career.

Stupid post because Aaron isn’t going anywhere…under contract and he wants to stay.

if you don’t believe me ask him

time to move on

Bettinelli is signing as Chelsea's 3rd choice. Convenient for him. But no longer an option for us in case Rammers did go.

I think Arsenal have read this so badly. The longer the window goes on, surely the less likely we are to sell given the potential difficulty in obtaining a replacement as all the frees will be hoovered up for one.

Bettinelli is signing as Chelsea's 3rd choice. Convenient for him. But no longer an option for us in case Rammers did go.

I think Arsenal have read this so badly. The longer the window goes on, surely the less likely we are to sell given the potential difficulty in obtaining a replacement as all the frees will be hoovered up for one.

Or they may view it the longer they drag-on negotiations, the more likely Utd are to accept a lower offer given the well known need to make-up for the shortfall in revenue

Why start a thread about his replacement when he's not left, unless you know summat I don't.

Arsenal aren’t known for being particularly efficient in the market they’ve a long history of not getting deals done

I'll have to see it to believe it.

It got to the point last season that I wondered if De Gea had incriminating pics of Solksjaer. He was that undroppable.
Henderson had plenty of game time last season. He pretty much finished the season as No 1 as far as I recall. Injuries aside, I’d expect him to start the season as first choice.

any decent GK's available on loan atm? Surely one of the top 6 have a decent 2nd/3rd/4th keeper?

any decent GK's available on loan atm? Surely one of the top 6 have a decent 2nd/3rd/4th keeper?
Woodman - Newcastle had a decent season at Swansea but would they loan to the champ again?
Bazunu - Man City already out on loan at Portsmouth
Kelleher - Liverpool highly rated but relatively untested in senior football
Bursik- stoke loaned to league one last year but they’re unlikely to loan to a division rival

I did feel for him though at Wembley,. It was an awful pen but at least he put his boot through it! I know that was the problem also! If you're gonna miss a pen, I'd like to do it like Simmo did!

I don't lay the blame for that one with Simmonsen. The original 5 takers let us down, especially Andy Taylor. It's odd that the first 5 takers ended 2-2, but the next set, I.e. not the first choices for either side, finished 5-5. Both teams got their selections wrong, I fancy.

I have this sense of fear that we'll approach Spurs to see if Joe Hart's available for loan.... let's see though...

Woodman - Newcastle had a decent season at Swansea but would they loan to the champ again?
Bazunu - Man City already out on loan at Portsmouth
Kelleher - Liverpool highly rated but relatively untested in senior football
Bursik- stoke loaned to league one last year but they’re unlikely to loan to a division rival
Kelleher & Woodman look the most promising and realistic options then

Woodman - he'd be looking for a nailed on number 1 spot, and we'd have to pay a hefty fee. Looks like a slim chance an EPL team would take a punt, i can't see any vacancies for him. We wouldn't be the worst option for him, another Championship loan isn't the worst idea, but as you say they might want a different experience for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he went on loan to the Bundesliga or a lower-CL/Europa club.

Kelleher - very surprised he hasn't had a League One loan yet, seems way behind in the typical career cycle for a top 4 young GK (look at Hendo for example). He's Allison's number two as well, so they'd need another no. 2 in place

It's looking more and more likely we will go for Verrips as no. 1 if Rammers does leave

Kelleher & Woodman look the most promising and realistic options then

Woodman - he'd be looking for a nailed on number 1 spot, and we'd have to pay a hefty fee. Looks like a slim chance an EPL team would take a punt, i can't see any vacancies for him. We wouldn't be the worst option for him, another Championship loan isn't the worst idea, but as you say they might want a different experience for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he went on loan to the Bundesliga or a lower-CL/Europa club.

Kelleher - very surprised he hasn't had a League One loan yet, seems way behind in the typical career cycle for a top 4 young GK (look at Hendo for example). He's Allison's number two as well, so they'd need another no. 2 in place

It's looking more and more likely we will go for Verrips as no. 1 if Rammers does leave
Newcastle are in a bit of pickle in terms of goalkeepers with dubravka darlow and woodman don’t imagine any of the them want to play 3rd fiddle and there isn’t an obvious development loan for woodman that isn’t a sideways step for him this summer. I think there’s a chance one of those 3 could well be available on a perm but they won’t be cheap and they may not want to step down to the champ.

Who knows with kelleher don’t think ward got a loan until he was in his 20’s did he maybe the same will happen with kelleher and he’ll stay there a bit longer.

That’s my issue with loaning in a rammers replacement there isn’t an obvious candidate for who a champ loan is the next step.

No replacement required. Why would such a committed Blade want to sit on the bench in London, when he is guaranteed first team football at United.
I agree that 60k a week might be tempting, but now he’s tasted the international squad possibilities, he needs to be playing every week.

I don't lay the blame for that one with Simmonsen. The original 5 takers let us down, especially Andy Taylor. It's odd that the first 5 takers ended 2-2, but the next set, I.e. not the first choices for either side, finished 5-5. Both teams got their selections wrong, I fancy.
Did anyone apart from the guys on the space station ever see that ball again ?

No replacement required. Why would such a committed Blade want to sit on the bench in London, when he is guaranteed first team football at United.
I agree that 60k a week might be tempting, but now he’s tasted the international squad possibilities, he needs to be playing every week.
Please correct me if i am wrong, but is Rammers definitely a committed Blade?

He is from the Stoke area originally, he is the nephew of 80s Stoke City midfielder Chris Hemmings.

He was 16 coming into our youth team and stayed for a period of 3 years, making a total of 2 senior appearances before being shipped off.

If anything I would imagine he is a Stoke fan, but probably likes our club too

Please correct me if i am wrong, but is Rammers definitely a committed Blade?

He is from the Stoke area originally, he was 16 coming into our youth team and stayed for a period of 3 years, making a total of 2 senior appearances before being shipped off.

If anything I would imagine he is a originally a Stoke fan and probably likes our club too

Ramsdale is a Baggie

Nonsense really to suggest there are no available replacements. There's no shortage of keepers in the PL alone who would:
  • Be a good quality Championship keeper
  • More than likely be available at the right price, and that price being well below £30m
For starters: Darlow or Woodman, Danny Ward, Butland, Fraser Forster, Ben Foster, Randolph, Ruddy, Lee Grant, Kelleher, Zack Steffen, possibly even Joe Hart

Sure, a few of these haven't played regular football for a while. Sure, none of them are streets ahead of Ramsdale. But any one of these plus £20m+?

These suggestions make you realise how important Ramsdale is, none of them are comparable with Ramsdale
Ramsdale has been in two relegated teams in two years and conceded a shedload of goals. Very suspect with the ball in the air, or any shots tbh.

If Arsenal are offering 30m, snap their hands off.

Ramsdale has been in two relegated teams in two years and conceded a shedload of goals. Very suspect with the ball in the air, or any shots tbh.

If Arsenal are offering 30m, snap their hands off.
arsenal wont be offering 30m for rammy

I'm surprised Peacock-Farrell went to League 1. Didn't he play the first half of Leed's promotion season? He's not great by any means but surely better than them.

Just in case Arsenal lose their bottle and bang a 75m double deal in the table, how about this lad? He seems to have had a couple of decent loans at this level. I doubt he'd be prohibitively priced:

Attachments

• IMG_20210805_193113.jpg
    IMG_20210805_193113.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 32
I'm surprised Peacock-Farrell went to League 1. Didn't he play the first half of Leed's promotion season? He's not great by any means but surely better than them.
Bielsa couldn't wait to get him out the door, even said he only picked him because he had no other option.

Back
Top Bottom