Player Suggestion Ramsdale Replacement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If the choice is between Blackman and Foderingham then Blackman makes sense. However, there are plenty of other options out there.

I would wager that had Blackman not played for us his name wouldn't be mentioned at all.
If it was a choice between Lord Buckethead and Foderingham, I'd be getting my old Ceefax up and running without hesitation!

I don’t hate Blackman, but how are people even suggesting a keeper who’s just been relegated from the Championship, not played half the games, for a team aiming to win the division?
Arsenal fans will be saying similar no doubt!

If you think Foderingham is of an equivalent standard to Moore
You need your eyes testing
I don't:
Letting Moore go was 100% the correct decision. He's at the top of his level at Coventry - bottom third of the Championship/top third of League One. Foderingham is still at least a division and a half too high (bottom half League One) while Verrips and Eastwood haven't played enough for us to have any idea if they're good enough.

None of Moore, Foderingham or Blackman are anywhere near good enough for a side which should be aiming at the top 2 in the Championship. Eastwood almost certainly isn't either, given that his loans have been at a much lower level. Verrips might be or he might not be.

Surprised no one has mentioned the turkish lad cakir rumoured last summer. Definitely lost a bit of his hype. Maybe play verrips until january and make a cheeky bid for him if we’re in a good spot for promotion

Blackman, are you lot fucking sure?
Thought you'd know by now that ex loanees we've had are always wanted on this forum. I give you Besic as another obsession.

Blackman wasn't even any good when we had him, 6ft 5 but couldn't even save low shots. Over rated and Moore was better.

I don’t hate Blackman, but how are people even suggesting a keeper who’s just been relegated from the Championship, not played half the games, for a team aiming to win the division?
And was sometimes suspect when he played for us.

Thought you'd know by now that ex loanees we've had are always wanted on this forum. I give you Besic as another obsession.

Blackman wasn't even any good when we had him, 6ft 5 but couldn't even save low shots. Over rated and Moore was better.
Wouldn’t low shots be more difficult to a taller keeper?

Andreas Linde, 27 year old Swede at Molde, is the best goalkeeper in Norway. He is out of contract on January, so would be cheap. Very tall, but lean and athletic. Has played quite a bit in Europe for Molde. One to consider.

Forgot about Brexit when I wrote the above. One to forget.

We waded through significant faff to get Verrips. I have absolutely no idea of his level TBH. He can’t be that bad surely?

Wouldn’t low shots be more difficult to a taller keeper?
Could look at both sides to that tbh. Slower to get down but bigger in height to reach the ball. I just never rated JB and can't ever remember me saying 'wow what a keeper/save'. I did with Moore and Henderson at times.

I think if Ramsdale does go I think we may look at Marcus Bettinelli

29 on a free transfer and was Slavs No1 at Fulham. Just a quick google shows a few PL clubs are looking at him as 2nd and 3rd choice.

Norway aren't in the EU.

True, but...

Under the EEA Agreement, Norway and Norwegians have the same rights and obligations as other EEA countries and their citizens when it comes to trade, investments, banking and insurance, and buying and selling services. They also have the same right to work, study and live in other countries in the EEA.

Lol. Yeah. My mate always used to say it. He once even shouted to him at Stevenage to get his gap sorted so he could be a JB tribute act where he'd be more successful.
I did feel for him though at Wembley,. It was an awful pen but at least he put his boot through it! I know that was the problem also! If you're gonna miss a pen, I'd like to do it like Simmo did!

Here’s an idea,why not just tell arse to fuck rite off???
Keep our best players for a change!!!
Given the underwhelming responses to a seemingly intractable problem, maybe this is the best solution?
I think he is at a crucial stage in his development, and keeping the bench warm for Arsenal, hoping to step up as number one, would be frustrating for a promising young keeper.
For me, Arsenal would have to pay silly money (35m+) and Rammers needs to be sold on the idea 100%.

True, but...

Under the EEA Agreement, Norway and Norwegians have the same rights and obligations as other EEA countries and their citizens when it comes to trade, investments, banking and insurance, and buying and selling services. They also have the same right to work, study and live in other countries in the EEA.
What a sensible country Norway is.
They could teach us one or two things.

I think if Ramsdale does go I think we may look at Marcus Bettinelli

29 on a free transfer and was Slavs No1 at Fulham. Just a quick google shows a few PL clubs are looking at him as 2nd and 3rd choice.

I think he’s been mentioned on this thread already; but it looks like he’s heading to Chelsea to be their 3rd choice and likely earn a tidy sum of money in the process.

Jordan Amissah 20 , future prospect, didn't know we signed him from B Dortmund, how is he rated ?

Back
Top Bottom