Player Suggestion Ramsdale Replacement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Danny ward at Leicester?

Although, going off what people were saying about Verrips on loan in the Netherlands, I would not be against the idea of giving him a chance, and spending money on the midfield/defence.

Is he the one who pulled off a few good saves against Denmark?

Bettinelli is so obvious.

Slav made him his first choice keeper, he was in Slav's team when they got promoted and he's in a free.

29, good keeper age that, played for the U21s and also been in the full squad though not selected to play, which is exactly the case with Rammers.

I also like Danny Ward. I think he would have come instead of Rammers but he seems to be on a good gig at Leicester. We'd probably be surprised how much they ask for him, probably something daft like 10m.

The likelihood of anyone nicking De Gea's place, even Hendo, is slim to nil.

He's the Sterling/Kane of Manure. Undroppable.
That’s a shame, I was looking forward to us signing De Gea. Donnarumma has gone to PSG so he’s probably out of our league now.

Slav made him his first choice keeper, he was in Slav's team when they got promoted and he's in a free.

29, good keeper age that, played for the U21s and also been in the full squad though not selected to play, which is exactly the case with Rammers.

I also like Danny Ward. I think he would have come instead of Rammers but he seems to be on a good gig at Leicester. We'd probably be surprised how much they ask for him, probably something daft like 10m.
Bettinelli would be good on a free for a season or two. Would free up the funds to help add some much needed technicality/creativity into the squad.

Dubravka rumoured to miss the start of the season so I imagine Woodman is a no go

Depends if we go for youth or experience.

Youth wise there's Bursik at Stoke, played a few games at championship level and done well on loan at a few clubs. Also been in England under 21 squads. Wouldn't be more than a couple of million I'd think.

Also wouldn't be opposed to the young Irish lad at Liverpool.

Think blackman on a free is a no brainer as back up and get shut of wes. He was wanted by a few clubs last january wasn't he

Without wanting to be cliche he’s going villa isn’t he ?
Chelsea, Arsenal and Villa all linked. Feel that if we butted in with his former boss along with the fact we would guarantee him more minutes than those clubs It could be a fairly quick fix in the GK department whilst we sort other parts of the squad out. ⚔️

Chelsea, Arsenal and Villa all linked. Feel that if we butted in with his former boss along with the fact we would guarantee him more minutes than those clubs It could be a fairly quick fix in the GK department whilst we sort other parts of the squad out. ⚔️
I’d like him he certainly stood out from the released lists earlier this summer. It’ll depend how much he values first team football as opposed to the eye watering wages on offer from those clubs.

We're sticking with Verrips. Can close this thread now.

What about the elephant in the room, the fact that he’s rubbish?

The difference between their £32m and our demand for £35m may well be Runarsson their Icelandic international GK who never recovered after dropping Mahrez is free kick. A perfect replacement for Rammers then..

Jamal Blackman, Marcus Bettinelli and John Ruddy all good free transfer options for us.

IMO, give Verrips the shirt to lose at the start of the season, any of the above keepers as second in line, Blackman would be my 1st choice, Bettinelli 2nd as he has played under SJ before, Ruddy’s a bit old now but very experienced

The difference between their £32m and our demand for £35m may well be Runarsson their Icelandic international GK who never recovered after dropping Mahrez is free kick. A perfect replacement for Rammers then..
He was brilliant in football manager. Get him in.

Some of these names are vile.

John Ruddy ffs.
Bettinelli sounds like he should be good but he’s wank.

Woodman is the obvious choice but he’s a loan move to Bournemouth already pretty much sorted.

I don’t mind the Runnarson shout from Arsenal. I’d take him and £32m. He was decent for Dijon which is why Arsenal signed him.

Failing that I do quite like Christian Walton who surely wants a perm move away from Brighton now.

Without wanting to be cliche he’s going villa isn’t he ?

How many more keepers do Villa need??

Jamal Blackman, Marcus Bettinelli and John Ruddy all good free transfer options for us.

IMO, give Verrips the shirt to lose at the start of the season, any of the above keepers as second in line, Blackman would be my 1st choice, Bettinelli 2nd as he has played under SJ before, Ruddy’s a bit old now but very experienced
Ruddy signed an extension with Wolves and bizarrely Chelsea are looking at Bettinelli as a third choice keeper.

Blackman would be a good shout. That would mean we have a solid option should Verrips not be up to standard. Him being a free transfer also means we can use the Ramsdale money elsewhere.

Not sure I like the Blackman shouts…. We had to replace his output with hendo to go up last time and he was basically on a par ability wise with Moore.

I’d be up for him as a replacement for Wes, who to be honest has looked like a Bomb scare everytime I’ve seen him.

Ward, Randolph, Woodman (loan) or Runarsson (loan/part of Ramsdale deal) would be my picks.

Back
Top Bottom