Player Suggestion Ramsdale Replacement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How is Dewhurst rated? I'm not suggesting for a moment he should be the first choice keeper this year but if he's highly rated we shouldn't be looking to block his path in a couple of years time.

If the choice is between Blackman and Foderingham then Blackman makes sense. However, there are plenty of other options out there.

I would wager that had Blackman not played for us his name wouldn't be mentioned at all.
I think that's fair, but it's also on the back of his performances for us that he's been mentioned, so it's quite logical (rather than out of a a Bladey Blade bringimback motive.) Not that I think he should be even a consideration as he wasn't particularly great for Roth.

How is Dewhurst rated? I'm not suggesting for a moment he should be the first choice keeper this year but if he's highly rated we shouldn't be looking to block his path in a couple of years time.
Highly, represented England although seems to have stagnated after failing to get first team football at football league level on loan. Both him and amissah need to be out on loan this year. If Eastwood is unavailable for Loan as has been reported then he’s more than capable of being our 2nd/3rd choice and going in between the sticks for the 23’s

Highly, represented England although seems to have stagnated after failing to get first team football at football league level on loan. Both him and amissah need to be out on loan this year. If Eastwood is unavailable for Loan as has been reported then he’s more than capable of being our 2nd/3rd choice and going in between the sticks for the 23’s
...depending on how that works with the bubbles of course.

I think that's fair, but it's also on the back of his performances for us that he's been mentioned, so it's quite logical (rather than out of a a Bladey Blade bringimback motive.) Not that I think he should be even a consideration as he wasn't particularly great for Roth.
Every time that Blackman's name is mentioned my mind goes back to a night at QPR.

Fair to say that I'm not a fan.

...depending on how that works with the bubbles of course.
Yeah but wouldn’t anticipate that being an issue unless we see a new lockdown. Dewhurst and amissah were before training with the firsts and representing the 23’s same as a fair few of the outfield boys.

Every time that Blackman's name is mentioned my mind goes back to a night at QPR.

Thing is, and I think this is worth keeping in mind for the next no.1, all keepers make errors and have bad matches. It's just more prominent than the rest of the team.

Of our best keepers, I can remember real clangers from Ramsdale, Henderson, Paddy and Tracey in my time watching us. I don't remember many mistakes from Kelly I must admit, nor Rees but obviously he played far too few games for us.

Hopefully we give the next lad with the gloves more of a chance than we gave Rammers.

I don’t hate Blackman, but how are people even suggesting a keeper who’s just been relegated from the Championship, not played half the games, for a team aiming to win the division?

I don’t hate Blackman, but how are people even suggesting a keeper who’s just been relegated from the Championship, not played half the games, for a team aiming to win the division?
GerrembackgerremORLBACK

Yeah but wouldn’t anticipate that being an issue unless we see a new lockdown. Dewhurst and amissah were before training with the firsts and representing the 23’s same as a fair few of the outfield boys.
I think they may in order to stop an outbreak ripping through the squad. Not sure how else they can do it tbh.

I think the fact that a keeper with 2 relegations under his belt being worth £30m means that goalkeeper logic is flawed nowadays, so it's not a massive surprise to me. He's got Bladey Blade points in his favour as well.

These suggestions make you realise how important Ramsdale is, none of them are comparable with Ramsdale

These suggestions make you realise how important Ramsdale is, none of them are comparable with Ramsdale

You're right. But we're being relegated. Its par for the course that you have to downgrade in some areas to recoup some money.

I think they may in order to stop an outbreak ripping through the squad. Not sure how else they can do it tbh.
It’s looking a bit grim for football at the moment in terms of disruption to games. A lot of sides could end up relying on their academy sides this year as various senior sides are locked down.

Mate who's a Millers fan wasn't impressed. By all accounts he's not the same standard after his bad leg break while at Leeds.

It's a no from me too

It’s looking a bit grim for football at the moment in terms of disruption to games. A lot of sides could end up relying on their academy sides this year as various senior sides are locked down.
think your right there yogi can see it being a very fractured season with covid for what its worth i think we may go with verrips if rammy is sold sounds like he had a good second half of last season abroad

think your right there yogi can see it being a very fractured season with covid for what its worth i think we may go with verrips if rammy is sold sounds like he had a good second half of last season abroad
Yeah I’m not optimistic. If we go with verrips as number one ok that’s fine if we believe in him. Suddenly makes letting Moore go look a big mistake though because I wouldn’t be comfortable with either Foderingham or Eastwood as number 2 so we’d need to bring a solid one in in case verrips fails.

Yeah I’m not optimistic. If we go with verrips as number one ok that’s fine if we believe in him. Suddenly makes letting Moore go look a big mistake though because I wouldn’t be comfortable with either Foderingham or Eastwood as number 2 so we’d need to bring a solid one in in case verrips fails.
Letting Moore go was 100% the correct decision. He's at the top of his level at Coventry - bottom third of the Championship/top third of League One. Foderingham is still at least a division and a half too high (bottom half League One) while Verrips and Eastwood haven't played enough for us to have any idea if they're good enough.

Letting Moore go was 100% the correct decision. He's at the top of his level at Coventry - bottom third of the Championship/top third of League One. Foderingham is still at least a division and a half too high (bottom half League One) while Verrips and Eastwood haven't played enough for us to have any idea if they're good enough.
Letting Moore go is the correct decision if ramsdale stays as we have the stability of having an established number 1 whilst we work out who will be number 2. If ramsdale goes we will have an entire goalkeeping department in transition with no stability

Letting Moore go is the correct decision if ramsdale stays as we have the stability of having an established number 1 whilst we work out who will be number 2. If ramsdale goes we will have an entire goalkeeping department in transition with no stability
I respectfully disagree. Moore staying or going was never going to be dependent on Ramsdale as he's demonstrably not good enough to play at the top end of the Championship and we already have two or even three goalkeepers of an equivalent standard under contract. Eastwood has been here since he was 10, Verrips has been here for two seasons, Foderingham for one. The deparment isn't in transition, it's suffering from a lack of quality.

I respectfully disagree. Moore staying or going was never going to be dependent on Ramsdale as he's demonstrably not good enough to play at the top end of the Championship and we already have two or even three goalkeepers of an equivalent standard under contract. Eastwood has been here since he was 10, Verrips has been here for two seasons, Foderingham for one. The deparment isn't in transition, it's suffering from a lack of quality.
I agree with you 100% Moore isn’t good enough to be a top champ keeper but as a number 2 he would’ve given us a guaranteed baseline of performance if verrips doesn’t work out. We now need to recruit a number 2 who will provide us a similar baseline of guaranteed performance.

Thing is, and I think this is worth keeping in mind for the next no.1, all keepers make errors and have bad matches. It's just more prominent than the rest of the team.

Of our best keepers, I can remember real clangers from Ramsdale, Henderson, Paddy and Tracey in my time watching us. I don't remember many mistakes from Kelly I must admit, nor Rees but obviously he played far too few games for us.

Hopefully we give the next lad with the gloves more of a chance than we gave Rammers.
You're right in what you say H, all keepers at all levels no matter who have a mistake in them it goes with the territory, the bottom line is how many and how frequent

Agreed I don’t see other champ clubs spending big money but a championship number one will cost 5 plus I’d imagine especially if they’re selling within the division especially if they know we’re flush with cash. I’d expect Bristol to ask at least that for someone like Bentley let’s say.
Haven't boro spent 6 to 8m on a player

Or that goal he let in at the sty, Douglas Bader would have got down quicker😊

we already have two or even three goalkeepers of an equivalent standard under contract. Eastwood has been here since he was 10, Verrips has been here for two seasons, Foderingham for one.

If you think Foderingham is of an equivalent standard to Moore
You need your eyes testing
I dont know enough about Eastwood but hes not played much League football and we dont really know enough about Verrips, though his recent loan spell may suggest he may be ok in the Championship

With regard to Blackman hes not good enough to be first choice at Championship level

Back
Top Bottom