Player Suggestion Ramsdale Replacement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
Looking increasingly likely that he's going to leave, sadly. Personally, I'd want to keep him but if we're talking £30 million that's just too good to turn down for England's what 5th choice keeper.

Would leave us with Wes and Veriips on the books.

Wes is nowhere near good enough to play at this level.

With Veriips I think we'll have to play him or sell him. He's not going to be happy being a reserve. He did well by all accounts on loan and we went through so many hoops to sign him we must rate him. I'd be tempted to go with what we have (unless we can shift Wes) and use a kid as the third choice (Dewhurst). No idea what Eastwood is doing but he needs to go really. Been really unlucky but still.

But, if we are going to bring a replacement in, what good players are out there?

People rated Freddy Woodman last year on loan from Newcastle at Swansea but I have reservations. He may also be in Newcastle's plans this season

I was impressed with Bazunu in the couple of games I've seen for Rochdale and his first Irish cap at the age of 19 this summer. I suspect Man City will be looking to loan to the Championship this season but I'd prefer us to buy a long-term keeper.

There's also Kelleher at Liverpool. Be nice to have an Irish keeper again. They have Karius as well.

Looking increasingly likely that he's going to leave, sadly. Personally, I'd want to keep him but if we're talking £30 million that's just too good to turn down for England's what 5th choice keeper.

With Veriips I think we'll have to play him or sell him. He's not going to be happy being a reserve. He did well by all accounts on loan and we went through so many hoops to sign him we must rate him. I'd be tempted to go with what we have (unless we can shift Wes) and use a kid as the third choice (Dewhurst). No idea what Eastwood is doing but he needs to go really. Been really unlucky but still.

But, if we are going to bring a replacement in, what good players are out there?

People rated Freddy Woodman last year on loan from Newcastle at Swansea but I have reservations. He may also be in Newcastle's plans this season

I was impressed with Bazunu in the couple of games I've seen for Rochdale and his first Irish cap at the age of 19 this summer. I suspect Man City will be looking to loan to the Championship this season but I'd prefer us to buy a long-term keeper.

There's also Kelleher at Liverpool. Be nice to have an Irish keeper again. They have Karius as well.
Bazunu gone Pompey. Woodman may be available again as Newcastle would be over stocked with him dubravka and darlow. Kelleher is interesting

Quick glance gives the Sunderland keeper Burge and Oxford keeper Jack Stevens as the top stoppers in League 1. Not sure of the feasibility of either, but the Oxford fella is 23, so might be a decent longer term option.

• Banned
Bazunu gone Pompey. Woodman may be available again as Newcastle would be over stocked with him dubravka and darlow. Kelleher is interesting

I actually think Darlow will be their third choice (PL teams like 3 keepers). Woodman may even unseat Dubravka..

• Banned
A significant portion of that ramsdale fee has to go on a replacement and it instantly becomes our most important signing of the summer

I can't see us spending more than a few million on anyone tbh.

I can't see us spending more than a few million on anyone tbh.
Then we’ll be in a pickle couple of mill gets you an old experienced keeper of which their aren’t any obvious ones on the market this summer or a top league one goalie which is a big gamble.

Then we’ll be in a pickle couple of mill gets you an old experienced keeper of which their aren’t any obvious ones on the market this summer or a top league one goalie which is a big gamble.

I'm not sure that is going to be the case in this market. PL signings will be big money but I can't imagine Championship sides spending millions on new signings. Lots more free transfer, bargains and loans.

I'm not sure that is going to be the case in this market. PL signings will be big money but I can't imagine Championship sides spending millions on new signings. Lots more free transfer, bargains and loans.
Agreed I don’t see other champ clubs spending big money but a championship number one will cost 5 plus I’d imagine especially if they’re selling within the division especially if they know we’re flush with cash. I’d expect Bristol to ask at least that for someone like Bentley let’s say.

Verrips should be given a chance in the remaining pre-season games to impress and go from there. Saying that in the first pre-season game Slav went with Foderingham first half and Eatwood second half which doesn't bode well for his future unless he was injured?

Bazanu went on loan to Portsmouth 2 weeks ago !!!

If 'League One Wes' is near our starting 11 next season we're in a world of shit.

De Gea on loan when Hendo nicks his place would be my suggestion.
The likelihood of anyone nicking De Gea's place, even Hendo, is slim to nil.

He's the Sterling/Kane of Manure. Undroppable.

Danny ward at Leicester?

Although, going off what people were saying about Verrips on loan in the Netherlands, I would not be against the idea of giving him a chance, and spending money on the midfield/defence.

Back
Top Bottom