Match Thread Preston North End v. Sheffield United - 18th January 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PRES
PRES
PRES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1642513717251.png V. 1642513723504.png
Championship Week 24 - Tuesday 18th January 2022 - 19:45 - Deepdale

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/preston-north-end-vs-sheffield-united.575/

Officials:

Referee: David Webb
Assistant Referee: Robert Merchant
Assistant Referee: Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official: Oliver Langford

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage:

1642513703858.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Fortunate to not go behind first then we dominate and score.
Get the pen and go a man up as well.

2nd half expect to see Preston come at us and early header that Wes saves.
Brewster misses two chances one in particular.

Even then we just needed to keep them out if nothing else. But we just cannot do that again at the minute.

Not even sure what to say but arguably that's a worse capitulation than Saturdays 2nd half given we had 11 players and they had 10.
You wouldn't know it though.

That game has slipped away because with an extra man we have been overrun in the middle of the park and the ball hasn’t stuck second half up front. That’s a personnel issue Didzy and Billy can’t cover enough ground as a pair and Hourihane and Norwood are criminally immobile as a pair without Ndiaye dropping back to do the spade work for them. To add insult to injury they didn’t even retain possession particularly well to compensate
Agree

We will not go down I promise you

Play 5 in defence cos none of them are good enough in a 4. Play 3 in midfield cos none of them are good enough in a 2. Still get destroyed cos none of them can concentrate or run past 60 mins. Shocking - get rid. Mates rates heckingbottom better start bringing through the youth asap since he was so desperate for the job he agreed to no transfers

Utter shite. Decent first half but unforgivable second. Feels like a loss. Just knew we would slip into cagey fragile RSPCA clog merchants who shake like brittle leaves the second they went down to 10 men and a tiny bit of pressure was put on us. What a wasted opportunity! Should be using that situ to knock 4 or 5 past teams and put the game beyond them instead of doing whatever that shit was.

Credit to preston, deserved it.

Shameless plug for this Thursday, take your aggression out on a ball with us.

I’d take 2.5k and a pile of superman comics for Berge now….

We'll take him for that!! I think my club that also is fecked up could afford that, but I only have 3 norwegian Superman comics from the 90s and hope that is enough. But when he plays for us I will not make him a scapegoat for everything wrong in the world after playing 5 minutes :)

Aside from a good spell of possession in the last 15-20 mins of the first half that was a pretty poor display.

Sharp, at 36, shouldn't be playing Satdi-Tuesdeh. I'd genuinely rather he rotates the senior duty with Didz when it comes to partnering Brewster.

Robinson - not his worst game but had calamitous moments that better side have and will continue to punish. As our front chances of playoffs fritter away with each passing game I'd like to see us bed in Gordon or Lopota.

Brewster - put himself about and didn't have his worst game but guilty of missing a glorious chance. I'm not dragging him over the coals because based on his maturity and ability, he should be on loan in L1 getting some valuable learning like Jebbo is.

Wes - as with Brewster, some good saves but he's a bombscare. I'll be thoroughly depressed if we sign a backup to him instead of replacement.

Heck - clearly has the players bought into him but I fear he's a bit like that nice man Gar-uff for England; lovely bloke, speaks well, looks lovely in a suit but makes tactical decisions that cause implosion. The subs tonight didn't suit the game and invited Preston back in.

We should definitely not have subbed Ndyaye. He was the only player capable of running at Preston’s defense.

We were so slow at the end with the team on the field. Coach should have seen that, we did.
Agree and taking Brewster and Ndaye is criminal (as is my spelling!) no one to push Preston back and inviting pressure - they just wait for our slow passing buildup and intercept the inevitable stray one that they know is coming and they are away from us, straight past our immobile midfield and in on goal

Back
Top Bottom