Match Thread Preston North End v. Sheffield United - 18th January 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PRES
PRES
PRES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1642513717251.png V. 1642513723504.png
Championship Week 24 - Tuesday 18th January 2022 - 19:45 - Deepdale

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/preston-north-end-vs-sheffield-united.575/

Officials:

Referee: David Webb
Assistant Referee: Robert Merchant
Assistant Referee: Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official: Oliver Langford

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage:

1642513703858.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

We can't be any worse than at Derby...must be some temptation to put the same 11 out and tell them they owe the fans a performance but personally for me we need to shake it up....that team on Saturday was just soooooo sloooowww.

Wes
Bogle
RND
Egan
Bash
Anyone but Robinson
Norwood
Fleck (if fit)
Berge (presuming no MGW)
Ndiaye
Brewster

Didzy is turning into a busted flush and Sharp will be better coming on for the final 20....would like to see McBurnie involved tonight, he's got something to prove, even if it is to put himself in the shop window...

The unenforced break has proper pissed on the momentum and form, I can’t see us getting anything out of this either with MGW missing, our mid is dire, add to that Preston have greatly improved…see this being another 2-0 loss…

Will we be treated to Berge jogging around and passing sideways and backwards? Oh joy! The only 6ft 5 player who avoids heading the ball.
Picking this team is like trying to pick a chocolate out of a box that are all mint chocs when you hate mint. Just saying….

0-1 to the Blades

Fodders

Bogle
Bash
Egan
Stevens
RDN

Osborn
Norwood
Berge

Didz
Ndiaye

Needs to be better tonight. We need to be looking to pick up something from this.

I'd like to see 3 in midfield with at least someone with a bit of energy in there. If Fleck isn't fit then Osborn. I'd be tempted to play Ndiaye and Sharp upfront. We need some pace up there and McGoldrick and Sharp rarely works nowadays.

Given our defensive frailties and the players out I'd be tempted to bring Stevens in for RND and Osborn for McGoldrick and try and keep it tight and hit them on the counter.

Optimistic. I see Berge scoring a diving header from Robinson long throw to send our travelling fans wild.

I did bump my head recently though.

Got a horrible feeling it's a draw tonight (2-2) but a better performance than at Pride Park. If we get a win, I think we can go on and get a result against Luton but lose tonight and I see it being two defeats in a row, sadly.

Really hoping to see a reaction tonight, on paper we have a far far better side than Preston but as we all know football isn’t played on paper.

I’ll go for 2-1 away win with Berg bagging the first.

I’m chalking the Derby game as a one off. They (Derby) did everything they could to slow the game down. I swear the ball was only in play for 15mins each half!
Back to winning ways tonight. Hecky back to shove the proverbial rockets up arses!
Would like to see Berge encouraged (fooking yelled at!) to carry the ball forward. Would like to see Brewster getting in amongst them.
2 nil Blades. Ndiaye and Berge

Was at Derby and was bored out of my head. Shit performance shit atmosphere shit everything. But like a c*** that I am I’m on mi way to Preston sat in loadsa motorway traffic at least im not driving for once. Gutted there’s not gunna be a big turn out for this but can’t blame people for not coming all this way on a Tuesday bastard neet in January. UTB FTP

Don't think this one is going to be a classic. Scrappy 1-0 win either way and I'll be delighted if it's us to put the disappointment at Derby behind us.

Not looking forrad to this, dont wanna loyse to Preston!
COME ON BLADES!

Optimistic. I see Berge scoring a diving header from Robinson long throw to send our travelling fans wild.

I did bump my head recently though.
More chance of Osborn towering above a 6ft defender to nod one in at the far post tbqf

The unenforced break has proper pissed on the momentum and form, I can’t see us getting anything out of this either with MGW missing, our mid is dire, add to that Preston have greatly improved…see this being another 2-0 loss…
Agree 2-0 or 3-1

Along with most I fully expected a loss at Fulham last time we played under the lights.
Turned out to be a terrific win.

So I’m going for an evening win away again.

Billy to score a late scrappy goal and Fallowfield to ritually disembowel himself in his living room.

0-1

I’m chalking the Derby game as a one off. They (Derby) did everything they could to slow the game down. I swear the ball was only in play for 15mins each half!
Back to winning ways tonight. Hecky back to shove the proverbial rockets up arses!
Would like to see Berge encouraged (fooking yelled at!) to carry the ball forward. Would like to see Brewster getting in amongst them.
Agree.
There’s been over reaction to over reaction and back again.We we’re never gonna beat Wolves and we could’ve and should’ve been 2-0 up but instead gifted them
the first goal.
Proper Shit at Derby and disappointing for sure……but win tonight.

Like your thinking 🤔 👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom