Player Suggestion Premier League Recruitment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Finally dared open this thread after thinking it was bad luck to do so before yesterday.

Some great shouts. Ones that stick out for me are:

Matt Lowton: Shouldnt cost too much either in fee or wages. Has accumulated a decent amount of PL experience now (can you believe he’ll be 30 by the start of next season???).

Dan James: Really like the look of this kid and was mightily relieved when he didn't go to Leeds. Pace to burn, huge potential and would have high resale value.

Callum Robinson: Similar to above. Plent of quality, potential and resale value.

Neil Maupay and Romaine Sawyers from Brentford: Really like the look of these two (Sawyers especially). Think both would fit nicely into our system. To be honest, there are several players from Brentford worth looking at. And we’ve done alright with the last few we took from there. They also seem to be a selling club, so might be able to get them on the relstive cheap. Both would likely stick around if we came back down.

Regards GK, I think most would like Hendo back in some capacity. Think its a no- brainer for all parties. Man U will want to loan him to a PL side; Hendo loves it here and is settled and it provides a nice consistency for us. However, I would also be looking at Westwood from the pigs. Relatively cheap, on 1 or 2 year deal. Would be excellent backup at worst.

Hendo
Cover for Magic Hat
Another good CM to push Fleck and Norwood
Attacking midfield
and a fucking top top top notch forward

Finally dared open this thread after thinking it was bad luck to do so before yesterday.

Some great shouts. Ones that stick out for me are:

Matt Lowton: Shouldnt cost too much either in fee or wages. Has accumulated a decent amount of PL experience now (can you believe he’ll be 30 by the start of next season???).

Dan James: Really like the look of this kid and was mightily relieved when he didn't go to Leeds. Pace to burn, huge potential and would have high resale value.

Callum Robinson: Similar to above. Plent of quality, potential and resale value.

Neil Maupay and Romaine Sawyers from Brentford: Really like the look of these two (Sawyers especially). Think both would fit nicely into our system. To be honest, there are several players from Brentford worth looking at. And we’ve done alright with the last few we took from there. They also seem to be a selling club, so might be able to get them on the relstive cheap. Both would likely stick around if we came back down.

Regards GK, I think most would like Hendo back in some capacity. Think its a no- brainer for all parties. Man U will want to loan him to a PL side; Hendo loves it here and is settled and it provides a nice consistency for us. However, I would also be looking at Westwood from the pigs. Relatively cheap, on 1 or 2 year deal. Would be excellent backup at worst.
Agree with all of them ,lowtons a good shout
Would fit the marauding wing back role well
Would have had a hatful yesterday

Nick Powell on a free should be a no brainer. Provided cw are satisfied with his injury history (didsy) I personally think mcburnie should be the main signing up top. Has all the attributes. Pace power skill, arrogance and youth. 23 for a mid table Swansea is good going as well. Plus he's been class against us both games, scoring in each. Cw mentioned him by name after both games.

I’m confident Wilder will also look at Will Vaulks. He will be an exceptionally cheap addition from Rotherham, considering he is now a Wales international and gives us some cover and a new “blocker” for the CM roles other than Basham.

Southampton have had a bit of success raiding Celtic on the cheap over the years (Forster, Wanyama, Van Dijk etc...)

James Forrest, Ryan Christie, Callum McGregor and Keiren Teirney would all be good investments.

Southampton have had a bit of success raiding Celtic on the cheap over the years (Forster, Wanyama, Van Dijk etc...)

James Forrest, Ryan Christie, Callum McGregor and Keiren Teirney would all be good investments.
Christie is a shout for the 10 role, same with mcgregor. Tierney, quotes of £25m and forrest is a winger.

My shopping list, which I would consider realistic;

GK - Henderson (Loan)
RWB - Nathaniel Clyne (Loan)
STR - Neal Maupay (Brentford)
MID - Leroy Fer (Swansea)
ATT MID - Ollie Watkins (Brentford)
RCB - Mason Holgate (Everton)

+ cover for JOC - don't know who though.

I wouldn’t look to be bringing loads of newbies in.

And assuming we have the budget. I’d be looking to enquire about the following (wages could be an issue for some but if you don’t ask) .....

Gary Cahill.
Tom Cairney.
Tim Ream.
Sergi Canos.
Luca Connell (future / development).
Matt Phillips.
Steven Fletcher !
Ryan Shawcross.
Mo Diame.
Asmir Begovic.
Mousa Dembele (wages ??!!).

Bit short on striker options due to inflated prices so probs looking at overseas options. If so, Pablo Sarabia worth a look.

UTB

Sarabia plays every game for Sevilla, on definitely more money than we can offer probs doesn't speed a word of English, why him?

And Dembele plays in China on probably 6 times what we can offer.

At CB I'd also like to see us in for Michael Hector from the pigs/chelsea. Imposing player with pace I reckon we could get him for a realistic price (£3-4m) and looks the business. Only 26 too

He'd be on my list all day as would Tammy Abraham and Maupay.

+1 on Mings. Would love Abraham and/or Maupay.
Didn't they turn down £25m from Tottenham for him

Waaaaa, serious?! I didn't think they could refuse a bid of that magnitude. Dack looked good against Norwich on Sat. Caused them problems and was a general handful with this movement and with the ball. Rest of his teammates were poor but that didn't hold him back.

Last edited:
Anyone?

5cc4bbe3d2328.jpg

I like it, though I cant see us signing Maupay or Abraham.

Maupay is a must

Doubt we'll be able to afford him mate, as much as I agree he's suit us.

He looks terrific. Bournemouth must have awesome defenders to let him out on loan?

They let him out to get back up to speed after recovering from injury.

Lets just put a few to bed now;

Dan James - not a prayer.

Nick Powell - injury prone, wont cut it above Championship standard now.

Why don't you think James is an option and what makes you think Powell couldn't step up?

I like it, though I cant see us signing Maupay or Abraham.

Doubt we'll be able to afford him mate, as much as I agree he's suit us.

They let him out to get back up to speed after recovering from injury.

Why don't you think James is an option and what makes you think Powell couldn't step up?
If Powell didn't have his injuries he would be a premier league and England regular, he was brilliant when man u signed him as a 18 year old. Some said didsy was a poor signing with his injury record. Look at him and us now.

Back
Top Bottom