Player Suggestion Premier League Recruitment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nick Powell are we being serious? He didn’t pull up any trees at wigan in the championship?

8 goals and 6 assists in 32 games from midfield in a shit side. Sounds like a decent output to me.

More goals than Norwood and Fleck combined.

Joe Allen anyone ?

The more I think about this, the more I think it may happen.

Considering how difficult it is to recruit in Jan and how few targets are likely to be available (for a sensible fees at least), the planets may just align Utd going for Allen. He would fit Utd's style of play, he could play in either the Norwood or Lundstram roles which Utd need competition/cover for, by all accounts has a spot on attitude, I'm sure he would welcome a move back to the Prem, and Stoke would most probably welcome the opportunity to offload one of their biggest earners, all of which may make Utd keen (again?) and Stoke willing to deal.

The more I think about this, the more I think it may happen.

Considering how difficult it is to recruit in Jan and how few targets are likely to be available (for a sensible fees at least), the planets may just align Utd going for Allen. He would fit Utd's style of play, he could play in either the Norwood or Lundstram roles which Utd need competition/cover for, by all accounts has a spot on attitude, I'm sure he would welcome a move back to the Prem, and Stoke would most probably welcome the opportunity to offload one of their biggest earners, all of which may make Utd keen (again?) and Stoke willing to deal.
He is a farmer in Wales. Not sure he would move anywhere that isn’t within easy travelling distance of the farm.

He is a farmer in Wales. Not sure he would move anywhere that isn’t within easy travelling distance of the farm.

That may well be the case but that would drastically reduce his options. Possibly not a huge problem if you're drawing >£50k/week whilst playing for a side at the bottom of the Champ.

I wonder whether Duffy Snr is dishing grief out and demanding parity to him as well.

If I had a hard on before I read that list of names my cock would now be very flaccid. We may as well just ask if someone else can take our place and pocket the parachute money if that's who we will look to sign in the PL. Not saying you are wrong by the way but there are some bang average footballers in that list.

Hindsight is great, fair play to Ricky 4 from that list joined and despite not featuring all that much we are doing pretty well..

Hindsight is great, fair play to Ricky 4 from that list joined and despite not featuring all that much we are doing pretty well..

Great scouting from Ricky to be fair to him. None have pulled up trees yet but I’m confident they will.

I might start listening to some of his European scouting suggestions, he might be right.

Also interesting to see that a couple have now become fixtures in their respective teams and are probably now unattainable.

I thought Freeman, Robinson and McBurnie were obvious, nailed on targets. Didn't expect us to sign all 3.

But to be honest it's looking very mixed so far. My feelings on their chances of success currently....

Freeman - confident if he gets the chance
Robinson - not confident
McBurnie - 50/50

Targets for Jan then Ricky?

Might do a thread but I barely want us to sign anybody.... and I think the key names are already known.

I anticipate a Watkins saga.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some old links resurface like Allen and Brownhill.

If Holgate's available we'll go for him.

I'd like to see some foreign links appear.

Great scouting from Ricky to be fair to him. None have pulled up trees yet but I’m confident they will.

I might start listening to some of his European scouting suggestions, he might be right.

Also interesting to see that a couple have now become fixtures in their respective teams and are probably now unattainable.

Think one thing that does stand out is it takes players on the whole longer to settle into Wilders team than im sure everyone inc CW would like. January recruitment could quite well be conducted with an eye on next season as daft as that sounds

Back
Top Bottom