Player Suggestion Premier League Recruitment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fulham paid stupid money for Mawson last summer. About £20m.

So forget that one.

Apologies if he's been suggested already but Neal Maupay is someone I think we should deffo be looking at. 25 goals. Good all round ST. Valued at around 15M apparently. Doubt he's on big money being at Brentford.

Gary Cahill? Unsure if he's a little out of our reach but seems a sensible, Stearman-esque signing. Contract is up at Chelsea.

40k isn’t ridiculous for us anymore I’m sure Allen would take day a 20 k cut if he wanted to play prem football again

Would be a cracking signing , still got loads to prove and is a proven premier and international

How much is our top earner on? What is our average salary? Actual correct figures, facts, not just estimates.

I always find it a little bizarre that people make sweeping comments like this (40k isn't ridiculous for us anymore) when you don't actually know our budget, current top earners or basically any concrete figures.

How much is our top earner on? What is our average salary? Actual correct figures, facts, not just estimates.

I always find it a little bizarre that people make sweeping comments like this (40k isn't ridiculous for us anymore) when you don't actually know our budget, current top earners or basically any concrete figures.

I’d say probably 20/25 k but now that will have gone up so probably 30 k

No club releases wages but I’m sure that’s isnt too far off

I’d say probably 20/25 k but now that will have gone up so probably 30 k

No club releases wages but I’m sure that’s isnt too far off

What makes you sure? Again, I was asking for the correct figures, not just guesses. Fact is nobody knows how much any of these players are on or how much we can afford.

What makes you sure? Again, I was asking for the correct figures, not just guesses. Fact is nobody knows how much any of these players are on or how much we can afford.
I’m not sure as there no way of knowing the exact amount .
But I’m sure it’s not miles off

You list some very capable signings though we can't have more than 2 domestic loans so you'd have to drop one of those.

LCB is a recruitment problem. If JOC is fit, then he plays. I'd be surprised if Mings would come from Villa's starting XI to sit on the bench all season.

I think we're going to need to take players who cover a few roles to entice them. If someone could cover say O'Connell, Stevens and Fleck for instance that night entice them more. Ben Osborne was mentioned by Ricky. He can cover for Fleck and Stevens and allow the latter yo cover JOC. He's out of contract in 2020.

I think we'll also be shocked with how much clubs expect from us in terms of $.

I could imagine Fulham asking 15-20m for Cairney. He just signed a 6 year contract so there is no indication they're wanting to offload him.

Lowton has also started half of Burnley's games and signed a new deal at the beginning of the season. I can't see 2m being meaningful enough for them. Maybe double or treble.

McBurnie is the future for Swansea. Unless the Americans start panicking then I'd be surprised if they are not looking in the 12-15m range.

Players who are out of contract in a year are probably ones most of interest. Osborne is one of those. Bowen is also though you cannot help but think a Spurs should line him up along with Sessignon as the next wave of their recruitment. Both are out in 2020.

I ldeally you cover players with the least amount of recruits to keep the squad healthy.
Minimum:
1. Keeper
2. Competition for Bash and Baldock
3. Competition for LCB/LWB/LCM
4. Competition for Duffy / Second striker
5. Competition for Sharp

1. Henderson loan
2. James loan
3. Johanson free
4. Dack(10m) / Bowen(15m) / Browne(free) / Powell(free)
5. Robinson(7m) / McBurnie (12m) / Watkins(12m) / Maupay (15m)

Quite possibly Browne would be more of a CM alternative and you could add a Madine type as alternative if we wanted to go down that route.

I think we have to make a choice where to lavish the cash.

If you go for a striker and second striker/attacking midfielder that costs 10m+ each, then players like Johanson on a free and Browne on a free plus Hendo and another loan seem likely. I'd be surprised if we spent much more than Norwich's budget of 20m.

Agree with most of this post!

My ideal summer would be along the lines of

- Hendo (loan - ideally perminant to free up the resources to allow one more loan signing.)
- Reece James seems ready made for our team. Loan
- Mings
- Ben Pearson
- Freeman (should be attainable) / Mason Mount (possible loan) / Powell (wouldn’t be opposed to him on a free but think he’s had his attitude question previously and I can’t see that fitting in well with
- maupay / mcburrie
- Watkins

We won’t spend much more than 20m for sure. But as wilder said imagine the damage he could do with a real budget.

Incidentally, I was pleased wilder talked of young / athletic / technical players on the last interview re targets.... that’s exactly what we require and ones that will stand us in good stead (resale or for the team) even if we come down.

- Hendo (loan - ideally perminant to free up the resources to allow one more loan signing.)
- Mings
- Ben Pearson
- Freeman (should be attainable) / Mason Mount (possible loan) / Powell (wouldn’t be opposed to him on a free but think he’s had his attitude question previously and I can’t see that fitting in well with
- maupay / mcburrie
- Watkins

We won’t spend much more than 20m for sure. But as wilder said imagine the damage he could do with a real budget.

Incidentally, I was pleased wilder talked of young / athletic / technical players on the last interview re targets.... that’s exactly what we require and ones that will stand us in good stead (resale or for the team) even if we come down.
Good players there but you need some premiership experience!

- Mings
- Ben Pearson
- maupay / mcburrie
- Watkins

Some good players there. However, if you can land them for a combined £20m I'm sure Stephen Bettis will gladly offer you a job. I would imagine at least one of them (Maupay) would cost close to that amount alone. A rough estimate for the other purchases (and excluding the loans) would be >£50m.

Can either or you see us spending more than £20m on a CB?

A "little" out of reach? He's miles out of reach
I'd be surprised if Fulham get near £20m for him. According to Transfermarkt they signed him for £15m, after a poor season being relegated and they now will need to offload players I don't see circa £10m being unrealistic.

I'd be surprised if Fulham get near £20m for him. According to Transfermarkt they signed him for £15m, after a poor season being relegated and they now will need to offload players I don't see circa £10m being unrealistic.

Will they need to offload players though?

Will they need to offload players though?
Obviously I can't say for certain, but given the money they spent I'd imagine it isn't sustainable in the Championship to keep all the players they currently have without a guaranteed return to the Premier League.

Obviously I can't say for certain, but given the money they spent I'd imagine it isn't sustainable in the Championship to keep all the players they currently have without a guaranteed return to the Premier League.

You'd think so but plenty of teams, such as Villa/Stoke/Middlesbrough/West Brom have managed to come down without much cost-cutting.

You'd think so but plenty of teams, such as Villa/Stoke/Middlesbrough/West Brom have managed to come down without much cost-cutting.
Fair point, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe any of the aforementioned clubs spent £100m in one season on transfers, or not even close to it?

Fair point, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe any of the aforementioned clubs spent £100m in one season on transfers, or not even close to it?

Thats also a fair point. Their spend is unprecedented.

I imagine they'll offload a few players, but I'd guess they'd offload the higher profile players like Schurlle, Seri and Mitrovic. My original point is that, without seeing their finances, it's not clear whether they need to offload any players or not.

Fulham can fuck off. Hope they suffer untold misery. £100m silly twats.

I’d put money on us bettering their season whilst spending 20-30% of what they have

Fulham probably thought they could chuck whatever they want at it as they'd automatically stay up regardless because they're a London club. Haha. I'm glad they're relegated.

Every PL contract I have ever seen has a 50% wage cut for relegation.

That would make the likes of Joe Allen realistic targets for us.

Nick Powell on a free should be a no brainer. Provided cw are satisfied with his injury history (didsy) I personally think mcburnie should be the main signing up top. Has all the attributes. Pace power skill, arrogance and youth. 23 for a mid table Swansea is good going as well. Plus he's been class against us both games, scoring in each. Cw mentioned him by name after both games.

Think Powell can take the ball on the half turn like Duffy can. Not sure he’s quite got the intricacy that Duff has on distribution nor the tricky feet. What are your thoughts Ricky?

Think Powell can take the ball on the half turn like Duffy can. Not sure he’s quite got the intricacy that Duff has on distribution nor the tricky feet. What are your thoughts Ricky?

He can do similar things and has excellent technique but doesn't have that bit extra to be a PL player. Bit one paced and doesn't quite have the dribbling style to compensate.

He can do similar things and has excellent technique but doesn't have that bit extra to be a PL player. Bit one paced and doesn't quite have the dribbling style to compensate.

I’d agree. Not sure he’s got that dynamism we should be looking for at number 10.

I've said this somewhere else but, if he didn't have his injuries, he would be a PL and England regular. He was the best 15/16 year old I ever played against, that group includes lingard and pogba as well, he was that good. He has loads of ability, just whether or not his body/mind is right, similar to Coutts really in that respect. Main difference though is he has age on his side.

For me it’s a no brainier on a free. Even if he does nothing we’d make some money back of we wanted to sell. Unless Wigan would be due a large chunk of compensation - due to his age?

His attitude has been questioned in the past , however, and he’s certainly need to sort that out to survive around this squad.

If wilder could get him right he’d be an asset obtained on a punt

Nick Powell are we being serious? He didn’t pull up any trees at wigan in the championship?

Back
Top Bottom