Player Suggestion Premier League Recruitment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Am I the only person that thinks discussing recruitment for the Prem is going to jinx us for Sat?

I'd be much more comfortable discussing transfer targets being mentioned on PorkTalk - some very entertaining reading!

Was reading that James is in the last year of his contract. Same as Robinson. If we got both we would also be able to change formation more.

I believe he is... But I think he's on many a radar so we'd have to spend BIG money. Unfortunately I think James would be beyond us. He'd be a great player though that's for sure!

Am I the only person that thinks discussing recruitment for the Prem is going to jinx us for Sat?

I'd be much more comfortable discussing transfer targets being mentioned on PorkTalk - some very entertaining reading!

I know what you mean but I can't help myself! Haha

Go on then... Who they signing now? I could do with a laugh!

Well I doubt we'll get Calum Chambers, Ash Westwood and Pablo Hernandez either... But one can dream!
I was thinking of a trench coat, unlit carpark, minela envelope type scenario... It could happen!!

This is Sheffield United: any manilla envelope would be empty. :)

Everyone seems to be producing lists which are loosely based upon a "best of the Championship." Remember how it went for us last in January 2018 when we tried to cherry pick the best of League 1...

Everyone seems to be producing lists which are loosely based upon a "best of the Championship." Remember how it went for us last in January 2018 when we tried to cherry pick the best of League 1...
You could argue we cherry picked the best in league one in the promotion season. If we got the best in the championship we would have done well.

What about Barry Douglas for lwb? Hasn't pushed on this season but it seemed bizarre wolves let him go for the price they did, think he could step up.

The best from the championship is surely the best way for us to go. I doubt we will be looking in the foreign market in the first year, and I don't want and I'm sure cw doesn't either, premier league has beens looking for a last pay cheque. (except jags or someone similar) purely for the experience. Plus it gives us the chance to build a team/squad to come straight back up if we were to drop down (Burnley)

Although I love him, not sure Bash is cut out to be a Premier League starter - surely more of a squad player next season

RCB to replace bash?
Reece James?
Axel Tuanzebe?
Someone of this sort, athletic, powerful, willing runner...

Think a new RWB is needed also;
Bring back Lowton?

Creative Midfielder;
Duffy just isn’t going to have the legs to cope in the Prem;
Harry Wilson has been class for derby this season, could be ready for the prem next year?

Strikers wise;
I would be happy with Shane Long, although his record isn’t the best, he is an established prem player with experience . P.S he runs his f*ckin b*llocks off to

Although I love him, not sure Bash is cut out to be a Premier League starter - surely more of a squad player next season

RCB to replace bash?
Reece James?
Axel Tuanzebe?

Bring back Lowton?

Creative Midfielder;
Harry Wilson has been class for derby this season, could be ready for the prem next year?

Strikers wise;
I would be happy with Shane Long, although his record isn’t the best, he is an established prem player with experience . P.S he runs his f*ckin b*llocks off to
RCB I wouldn’t mind Timothy fosu-mensah on loan from Man U.

RCB to replace bash?
Reece James?
Axel Tuanzebe?

Bring back Lowton?

Creative Midfielder;

Strikers wise;

RCB I wouldn’t mind Timothy fosu-mensah on loan from Man U.

All good suggestions but we can only have 2 Premier League loans next season (if we are in the Premier League) - if we’re bringing Henderson back then there is only space for one more.

All good suggestions but we can only have 2 Premier League loans next season (if we are in the Premier League) - if we’re bringing Henderson back then there is only space for one more.
Agreed. I would rather us use loans on attacking players. Abraham, Wilson etc

I think we will sign Henderson permanently or move onto another target to be honest.

Anyone know what's going on with big Leon? Not in the squad at Wigan today, is he back at the lane? Can't believe Leon is going to technically be a Premier League player IF we do the business

Anyone?

5cc4bbe3d2328.jpg

Can’t see us signing Abraham. Only reason i say it is I can’t see Villa missing out on promotion. And if they do I’d expect it’s a done deal to either sign him perm or on loan

Ok this is completely hypothetical of course but it will be around now that Wilder/Knill and the board will be drawing up 2 separate recruitment plans for 2018/19 season. One for a championship campaign and one for a Premier league campaign.

So as a but of a mood lightener after yday who would you like to us to realistically sign if we were to go up?

For me

I think Henderson will be available so I’d like us to ask that question..

We would certainly need a new RWB think the Chelsea lad Reece James who is on loan at Wigan would be a good addition. And Chelsea are always keen to sell a Kid

Is Harry Wilson ready for the PL? Could be a decent loan addition.

(I’m ready for the we won’t go up so what’s the point replies)
You only have to look at the two comparisons of Wolves and Fulham. One added a couple of players and are doing ok and the other fooked it up by adding way to many players who the managers didn't even want !

You’d need 50 million quid but have to spend it wisely.
You need the prem experience players and surely some from abroad.

I think one difference between wolves and Fulham is that Wolves bought in the Championship so the team had gelled already.

It will be interesting to see how Wilder plays this but there is no reason he can’t keep us up

It's already started with the random names from shitty papers (mirror). Stephane bahoken, Cameroon striker from angers in France 27.

I think we will go for Shane Long, i’d like to see us go for Jags for cheap as a roational squad player as he gives us some good prem experience, and as mentioned prev on here i’d love reece james who can cover as wb and cb well (although i think he will be out of reach for a newly promoted side). Also luke ayling at wb from weeds if they dont go up.

I reckon we will go for luke freeman for duffy role, and we definitely need cover for dids just in case the worst happens (maybe a prem loan or two can help us here in striker dept).

i dont think we will go for henderson unless we have buy back clause tbh, theres a ton of good experienced gk’s available on perm who wont take up our loan slot and cw has shown no loyalty in regards to this position previously

Its a harsh fact and Wilder knows this,there is no room for sentiment in football if you want to progress.

Chris has extracted more than 110% out of this group of "pub league" players,its a hard pill to swallow but some of em wont be playing in the Premier League next season,i will leave it to Wilder to decide where the axe falls.

Its a new chapter in the evolution of Sheffield United.

Back
Top Bottom