Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

He was born in 1923.

Our last FA cup final win was in 1925, he'd have been 2 years old, so won't have any memory of our last FA cup final win.
Our last FA cup final appearance was in 1936, he'd have been 11, so I assume that is what he was referring to.

Agree, it's amazing that some one with such history supporting United is still alive. He would have memories of the 2nd world war war too.
He'd have been aged 14 when the war started and aged 20 when the war ended.

"him with the scrabble name"

I thought this was hilarious 🤣🤣🤣

Today's lesson refresh your browser and read the posts properly!

High balls to our six foot plus players like Illy, Billy,Macca and Doyle, yeah that should do it, it shouldn't but it does wind me up about our muscle and height from donkeys years ago , I've suddenly decided I fuckin hate Burnley, football fans really are generally thick , including ours I suppose.

They got away with it second half at theirs, it won’t happen again. They aren’t really the biggest of sides;Sharp, Ndiaye, McAtee, Norwood. Their advantage was from deadballs when they sent Egan & him with the scrabble name up alongside McBurnie. VK will have us organised for it this time and THB will start.”

Many of them seem obsessed by our massive height but not this one. Anel will be the scrabble name from now on :)

BornOnShorehamStreet beat me to it!

Cheers Panchero!

“Trouble is you can’t cut out Robinson’s massive throws put at source unless we don’t five any throw ins away anywhere near our penalty area. Ditto corners.”

Eh?, what sort of weird, screwed up Lancashire talk is this?

One guy said "hope their eyes will be on Wembley". Do any Blades think this? No, the squad will be focused on this game, like last week they were focussed on Wigan.
And we should expect the same from Burnley. It is wishful thinking to hope they turn up half-cut and not bothered, just because they have been promoted.
(Although we did get a free hit from Fulham last season, lol)

Cheers Roy. Confident bunch these and I suppose with good reason. Don't think it'll be a classic,and a scruffy win will do. That said, I'd take a point right now.

Their manager does come across as a very poor loser though. Don’t recall any praise from him when we stuffed them just “they have to come to Turd More still”

Nice one Roy👍
Same again please Blades, beating Burnley will set us up nicely for the run in.
COYRAWW!!

They got away with it second half at theirs, it won’t happen again. They aren’t really the biggest of sides;Sharp, Ndiaye, McAtee, Norwood. Their advantage was from deadballs when they sent Egan & him with the scrabble name up alongside McBurnie. VK will have us organised for it this time and THB will start.”

Many of them seem obsessed by our massive height but not this one. Anel will be the scrabble name from now on :)

BornOnShorehamStreet beat me to it!

The old domino syndrome 🤣🤣🤣

Think they're forgetting that the only way they scored against us last time was through an OG and a shocking error from Robinson. Ended 5-2, I think 7-0 would have been a more accurate reflection of the game. So it makes sense that they sound obsessed with how they're going to stop us...

Back
Top Bottom