Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ah the old stereotypes are trotted out I see I didn't know Dave Basset was still the manager, my eyes must be going too as more often than not opposition sides look a lot taller than most of our lads. Not taking anything away from what Burnley have achieved but I think we'd be up there with them but for injuries this season. We certainly gave them a lesson at the lane and showed Kompany up for the mardy arsed twat that he is, I would love it if we won 1-0 with our only shot of the game and dished out a Norwich style display of shithousing. If they are expecting hoofball into their box they might be in for a shock. Must have only been the one poster who saw what happened at the lane and I doubt Kompany is as thick as their fans, going to be a tough game but nothing to fear if we turn up. I don't see us losing. Burnley do a lot of pissing about playing out from the back and gave Boro numerous chances which they failed to take, if we are clinical there are goals to be had from Burnley

Last edited:
Burnley aren't "way better" than us at all.

Had it not been for the ridiculous amount of injuries we've had this season then we'd have ran them fairly close.

If you take October, we had 4/5 first teamers available in total. The rest were reserves and the bench was teenagers.
We got 3 points from 6 games. Had we had everybody fit, we'd have probably got the usual 2 ppg return and be 9 points better off.
We'd then be going into tomorrow's encounter chasing them down for the title.

They have a better midfield and play more appealing football but that's about it.
Hopefully we go there, show them no respect and try to rough them up again.

That being said, they're very worthy champions, have been consistent all season and there's a lot to admire in the job Kompany has done there. Fair play to them.
Will be intrigued to see what level of backing ALK put into them this Summer. We nearly fell under them.

Last edited:
I didn’t think their views were that bad, to be fair. Not as arrogant as some teams who are far worse than them.

Kin’ell! The lack of humility reeks of self entitlement! Hope the boys have seen this ‘let’s set the record straight’ narrative! How anyone could dare beat the mighty Burnley like some sort of massive injustice has fallen on them!
Let’s get in there and spoil the love in live on TV!

On a side note… the amount of injury time winners scored by Burnley this season has been unfathomable! You can argue that it shows they keep going etc etc. But for me it amounts to a huge bit of good fortune. Not only does it amass to something like 15 extra points at face value, it also keeps momentum going and lifts the dressing room.
My point being… fuck em! We do well against Burnley and there’s no reason to think we can’t keep that trend going tomorrow… UTB!!! ⚔️

Kin’ell! The lack of humility reeks of self entitlement! Hope the boys have seen this ‘let’s set the record straight’ narrative! How anyone could dare beat the mighty Burnley like some sort of massive injustice has fallen on them!
Let’s get in there and spoil the love in live on TV!

On a side note… the amount of injury time winners scored by Burnley this season has been unfathomable! You can argue that it shows they keep going etc etc. But for me it amounts to a huge bit of good fortune. Not only does it amass to something like 15 extra points at face value, it also keeps momentum going and lifts the dressing room.
My point being… fuck em! We do well against Burnley and there’s no reason to think we can’t keep that trend going tomorrow… UTB!!! ⚔️
Iv been saying about their late winners to my mates, don't get me wrong they deserved some of em, But been very lucky with others ie Rotherham

Bakdrick? Some sort of dyslexic blackadder fan with a cunning plan?

Iv been saying about their late winners to my mates, don't get me wrong they deserved some of em, But been very lucky with others ie Rotherham
A promoted team tends to have 2/3 last minute winners… but Burnley have had 7/8! It’s made all the difference!

A promoted team tends to have 2/3 last minute winners… but Burnley have had 7/8! It’s made all the difference!
Depends how you define "last minute ". If you measure it from 85+, we've had three. Rotherham, Reading, West Brom, plus a draw against Watford. I think you'd need to define last minute as 75 or so to get it to 7 or 8.

Youve had two last minute winners and two last minute equalisers. I don't see it as all the difference, somehow.

Depends how you define "last minute ". If you measure it from 85+, we've had three. Rotherham, Reading, West Brom, plus a draw against Watford. I think you'd need to define last minute as 75 or so to get it to 7 or 8.

Youve had two last minute winners and two last minute equalisers. I don't see it as all the difference, somehow.
Agree

Well done on promotion

I remember when Norwich went up the last time they seemed to get last minute winners all bloody season. When it’s not your team you notice them and they annoy you more!

Cheers Panchero!

“Trouble is you can’t cut out Robinson’s massive throws put at source unless we don’t five any throw ins away anywhere near our penalty area. Ditto corners.”

Eh?, what sort of weird, screwed up Lancashire talk is this?
Makes sense to me, but how you avoid giving away throw ins well inside your own half I don’t know.

Well there’s no need to come on here with your facts when I’m trying to stir up some needle!

I honestly thought there had been more… seemed like you got one every week for a spell. But happy to concede I’m in the wrong.

Congratulations on promotion. Hopefully we’ll seal promotion soon and join you. Obviously a win tomorrow night would be a great start 😉

They obviously saw N'Diaye's goal at the weekend, from Mcatee's long ball across the park. Very similar to our hoofball goal up at Sunderland 🤦‍♀️. They literally spent years playing the worst football ever (if you can call it that), now they've played a bit of football for the first time since 1990 they've become Man City's mini-me. Will be there tomorrow night and confident we'll be ready

Who were our last minute winners against? I can only think of one against Swansea? Unless you are counting the Cup games?

Back
Top Bottom