Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

we are destined to be forever known as a bullying oof ball Wimbledon of the north kinda club no matter what we do fans of other clubs will think Sheff United and think basset or warnock even vinnie Might as well start living up to it ant we .. into em

Not sure if "Bully" is the right word, but if we start with Robbo (we will) and Oli McB (we hope) Burnley will get roughed up a bit and know they have been in a game.

Not sure Sander will want to end up in a one-on-one situation with JLT, knowing him as he does, as an ex-team mate..........
I've been thinking this week about who might chuck Sander into the advertising hoardings this year.

Last year it was Luke ( the terminator) Freeman if I recall.

Perhaps Archer or Bennie if he gets on for a few minutes.

Surely it's too easy a job for hatchet man Robinson.

The comment that Burnley are playing some nice stuff but var is costing them worries me because we're not even playing some nice stuff for the most part! I still think we can best them though, largely because McBurnie is back, that should make a big difference.

The comment that Burnley are playing some nice stuff but var is costing them worries me because we're not even playing some nice stuff for the most part! I still think we can best them though, largely because McBurnie is back, that should make a big difference.
VAR is definitely costing us.

Specifically, a goal disallowed for a "deliberate" use of the arm when it brushed Berge's arm while chesting it down, cost us 2 points at Forset. (Only two men in the world thought it was deliberate, and they were the ref and the VAR ref. The deflection was so tiny that it could only be seen because there was a perfectly positioned super-slowmo camera.)

An equalising goal disallowed against Bournemouth, after it took 5 and a half minutes drawing lines on the screen to be certain that they weren't level.

And a penalty denied against West Ham for an offence noticeably greater than Man United or Fulham had last weekend.

One thing VAR does is introduce a random element to the game. It's 11 v 11, there is already random elements like the bounce of the ball and the performance of the ref, and VAR now adds another random element because there is no way to guess what it will do.

Can't believe they're taking it so seriously. We're both as good as down barring a miracle

Cheers Roy.
Got to win, there's nothing left to say, if we lose Hecky has to go.
Sharp has asked to train at the club, and thats the very least we should do for him!, he will lift everyone just being there, I really don't understand what is happening with our club, apart from, it looks like the ponce and Bettis are trying to run us into the ground!?
" Asked to train at the club" and been refused🙄.
Whoever decided there wasn't a role for Billy,with exactly the characteristics we are missing,are off their fucking chump in my eyes.
Sounds like it might have been Bettis.
Billy was led to believe he'd have a contract and rejected pretty last minute.Abysmal treatment for such a loyal massive contributor to our club.😳

I really hope our fans going to Burnley enjoy the game. The Blades who turn up to play go there for free.

VAR is definitely costing us.

Specifically, a goal disallowed for a "deliberate" use of the arm when it brushed Berge's arm while chesting it down, cost us 2 points at Forset. (Only two men in the world thought it was deliberate, and they were the ref and the VAR ref. The deflection was so tiny that it could only be seen because there was a perfectly positioned super-slowmo camera.)

An equalising goal disallowed against Bournemouth, after it took 5 and a half minutes drawing lines on the screen to be certain that they weren't level.

And a penalty denied against West Ham for an offence noticeably greater than Man United or Fulham had last weekend.

One thing VAR does is introduce a random element to the game. It's 11 v 11, there is already random elements like the bounce of the ball and the performance of the ref, and VAR now adds another random element because there is no way to guess what it will do.
We've had some poor decisions for against us, we've had some go for us too in fairness. I can't stand VAR and would get rid of it today if we could, it's not improved the game, it's made it worse. It should only be for obvious errors like deliberate hand balls missed. The marginal offside calls are the ones that really annoy me.

Back
Top Bottom