Possible Summer Targets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Madine no way, similar type of player but much better Powell from Wigan ran Stoke ragged at the Brit!
Get an offer in Chris,

I'll have you know that I posted that before I went to bed, thank you very much.

My point will remain though, if we get no one and are left relying on the current strikers and Lavery.

We were told we'd get someone in before the permanent signings deadline, and we didn't. We were then told to be patient, and rest assured we'd get someone in before the loans deadline. If that doesn't happen it'll be ridiculous - as my post said, the people are out there and they're on the move, there's no reason why we should end the window with what we've currently got.

I completely understand your point.

My point is that we should wait until the end of the window until we start implying that we've missed out on targets or panicking.

How the hell should I know? Do you seriously think with a full time job, a wife and kids I've got time to go scouting the lower leagues, Premier League under 23 matches and all over Europe?

It doesn't mean I can't give my own opinion on players that are suggested or linked with the club.

How the hell should I know? Do you seriously think with a full time job, a wife and kids I've got time to go scouting the lower leagues, Premier League under 23 matches and all over Europe?

It doesn't mean I can't give my own opinion on players that are suggested or linked with the club.

OK, who of the players linked with a move to Utd are you in favour of? From memory you seem to have been negative towards Madine, Gregory and Hogan, as well as be extremely critical of Clarke. The only player you seem to have shown any positivity towards recently is Bradshaw, a player who scored < 1 in 3 for Barnsley.

OK, who of the players linked with a move to Utd are you in favour of? From memory you seem to have been negative towards Madine, Gregory and Hogan, as well as be extremely critical of Clarke. The only player you seem to have shown any positivity towards recently is Bradshaw, a player who scored < 1 in 3 for Barnsley.

I'm happy for us to take punt on Hogan or Bradshaw.

I'm realistic we aren't going get a "Norwood" type of signing up front where the whole forum is going to be unanimous in approval of the signing. We're going to sign a player who is going to be a bit of a gamble e.g. youngster from Prem, dodgy injury record, lower league player etc.

In my view we need a striker(s) that fit a profile, e.g. 4 or 5 years younger than our ageing strike force and with a bit of pace and potential to score goals (we ain't signing a proven 20 goal a season man).

We've got to look abroad, we can't afford English striker prices, so give up and look in markets we can afford.

Wilder's latest interview; 'We don't have the finances to do anything permanent'.

Norwood must have cost £12M then.....

I took it as we didn't have the funds to get any of the strikers we were looking at on a permanent but now you've got me all negative and kicking my dog that I've named 'McCabe' again .

I completely understand your point.

My point is that we should wait until the end of the window until we start implying that we've missed out on targets or panicking.

That's fair enough, mate.

It will then come down to management I guess. By that I mean, have the club managed the market well, have they been shrewd? Or alternatively, if noone does come in, have they reflected and thought about how they managed fans' expectations throughout.

The worst they could do is overpromise and underdeliver.

Were we?

If we don't get anyone within the next 7 days, feel free to throw back the duvet, get your piss pipe out and soak that mattress.

Quite frankly, yes.

Talk of 2 permanents and 2 loans before the deadline. Again, back to the idea of overpromising and underdelivering. And yes, we have to be realistic, we don't have the clout in the market that most of the division does, but it makes it harder to take when seemingly otherwise attainable targets (You'd think Wells on loan for example, was within our means) are going elsewhere. We have to hope that management and the board have a shrewd signing out of left field that we haven't discussed on here, or the reality may be Lavery on the bench and a long old season ahead.

I'll tell our Gert to get the mattress protector out.

That's fair enough, mate.

It will then come down to management I guess. By that I mean, have the club managed the market well, have they been shrewd? Or alternatively, if noone does come in, have they reflected and thought about how they managed fans' expectations throughout.

The worst they could do is overpromise and underdeliver.

The club does have a habit of over promising (or at least creating confusion with mixed messages) - one minute we haven't touched the Brooks' money, the next minute we're back scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I think the fairest thing we can do is wait until the window is up, then we can decide how good the window was.

Quite frankly, yes.

Talk of 2 permanents and 2 loans before the deadline. Again, back to the idea of overpromising and underdelivering. And yes, we have to be realistic, we don't have the clout in the market that most of the division does, but it makes it harder to take when seemingly otherwise attainable targets (You'd think Wells on loan for example, was within our means) are going elsewhere. We have to hope that management and the board have a shrewd signing out of left field that we haven't discussed on here, or the reality may be Lavery on the bench and a long old season ahead.

I'll tell our Gert to get the mattress protector out.

We're in for two perms and two loans before the end of the window is far from a promise though.

It's frustrating of course, but it's not time to soak that mattress is urine just yet.

'Down to wire' normally means a frantic deadline day, where agents up their prices for idiot clubs who've waited till the last minute to get things done - then we refuse to pay said agent fees or deal in their ridiciulous demands, and we end up with no one.

I'm happy for us to take punt on Hogan or Bradshaw.

I'm realistic we aren't going get a "Norwood" type of signing up front where the whole forum is going to be unanimous in approval of the signing. We're going to sign a player who is going to be a bit of a gamble e.g. youngster from Prem, dodgy injury record, lower league player etc.

In my view we need a striker(s) that fit a profile, e.g. 4 or 5 years younger than our ageing strike force and with a bit of pace and potential to score goals (we ain't signing a proven 20 goal a season man).

We've got to look abroad, we can't afford English striker prices, so give up and look in markets we can afford.

Agree with the type of player but unfortunately without overseas scouting networks in place, the club will be constrained to UK players, predominantly England - it doesn't appear that JvW has, or been allowed to, put anything in place to address this. On the plus side, at least CW won't be delving into the awful Scottish leagues and sign players like Scougall and McNulty who were miles away from being good enough.

It's probably been mentioned but Hemed and Wells have gone to QPR and Tom Bradshaw has gone to Millwall - I'd have taken any one of those right now!

It's probably been mentioned but Hemed and Wells have gone to QPR and Tom Bradshaw has gone to Millwall - I'd have taken any one of those right now!

It has been mentioned and Wilder didn't want any of them

Predictably, Idrissa Sylla is now being linked with a move..... to Blackburn.

Screenshot 2018-08-24 at 15.45.19.png

We could do worse. Probably will.

Alternatively, a 13 years late swoop for Cameron Jerome wouldn't be a bad panic signing as long as we weren't agreeing to make it permanent. Probably a better player than Sylla, just older.

But if it's strictly a loan it doesn't really matter how old the player is.

He could play with any of the current strikers.

View attachment 43388

Alternatively, a 13 years late swoop for Cameron Jerome wouldn't be a bad panic signing as long as we weren't agreeing to make it permanent. Probably a better player than Sylla, just older.

Been waiting for the link with Jerome to appear for the last few weeks. Is he completely out of the picture at Derby?
Not one to set the pulses racing but i think he would actually fit in quite well in our set up. Basically an upgraded version of Donaldson.

View attachment 43388

Sylla is toilet

Back
Top Bottom