Possible Summer Targets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Everyone’s favourite Twitter journalist is suggesting that McClaren might not now be able to stop Freeman leaving QPR, with Boro and Blackburn interested - i imagine we will be too.

Also saying Tammy Abraham’s future is unclear - one week he’s available, one week he’s not. If he is, we should do anything to sign him - we should have a strong relationship with Chelsea after how positive the Blackman deal was last year.

Everyone’s favourite Twitter journalist is suggesting that McClaren might not now be able to stop Freeman leaving QPR, with Boro and Blackburn interested - i imagine we will be too.

Also saying Tammy Abraham’s future is unclear - one week he’s available, one week he’s not. If he is, we should do anything to sign him - we should have a strong relationship with Chelsea after how positive the Blackman deal was last year.

The indication there that Blackburn were serious contenders for him but we weren't is very irritating.

Wilder literally said in an interview that we made a bid for it. How can we get any more serious?

By bidding more?

It appears Blackburn and Boro are the main contenders. Blackburn's bid is said to be £4m. If we're not being mentioned in the same bracket, I assume we bid less - maybe £3m.

£4m would be a snip and a worthy record signing given how well he'd slot into our team.

Now then.....

Screenshot 2018-08-20 at 11.20.32.png

Got to be Sam or Tam hasn't it?

Please just not Hogan.

Abraham strikes me as one we'd be more willing to go a bit 'crazy' for.
Doubt we'd be willing to fork out for Hogan on a short term deal considering the risk we'd be taking on him.

Abraham would be a right signing....fast and can finish...much better option than Hogan or Gallagher.

Re Freeman, would love him too but where would that leave Woodburn?

Shit. Bad choice, Wilder. Big outlay and a big gamble. Not the one to break our structure for.

Screenshot 2018-08-20 at 11.32.53.png

Hogan - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Clarke
Sharp
McGoldrick
Woodburn

See the problem?

Only one big man. Another season with a huge reliance on Leon.

I don't know if Gallagher is available for loan now, but if we're willing to go crazy on Hogan now why weren't we willing to go considerably less crazy on Gallagher earlier in the summer? Especially when he's the type we need more?

I believe Gallagher's on 20-22k p/w and Hogan 30-35k.

And then there's the extra £1m or so we apparently won't bid for Freeman...

This doesn't add up right, for me.

I think if his injuries haven't affected his pace he'll be a good signing. He just hasn't had consistent game time to know if that's the case though.

Shit. Bad choice, Wilder. Big outlay and a big gamble. Not the one to break our structure for.

View attachment 43268

I think this would be a great signing, he’s a more natural instinctive finisher than say TA, plays with both feet, has pace... and... I’m sure he’ll know Egan really well so no doubt his temperament/team spirit etc has been discussed too. Get him signed! UTB

Another issue I have with this is that he's such a direct replacement for Sharp. That's not ideal for harmony in my view.

My concern is 35k per week is fine for 42 matches. For 30 matches, not so much.

When was the last time he managed a proper run of games?

Back
Top Bottom